Zambesi Village was a village located in the M'Changa Province of Zambesi, an African country of the same name. It was destroyed by the warlord Benatu Eshu, and its ruins are currently uninhabited.
Inhabitants of the village guarded the Anansi Totem for many generations after it was gifted to their warrior Tantu by the spider-god Anansi. The next guardian of the totem was chosen when they were very young.
Sometime prior to 1863, an unnamed woman was born in the village before being sold into slavery. She passed on the knowledge and traditions of the village to her daughter, Mary; while enslaved on the Collins Plantation, Mary encountered a guardian of the Totem, Amaya Jiwe, who freed her and several of her fellow slaves.
Mari McCabe's family lived in Zambesi Village, and her older sister Kuasa was named as the next guardian of the Totem at four years of age. Soon after a local warlord, Benatu Eshu, raided the village, killing almost everyone, including Mari's father, who had tried to stand up to the invaders. Mari's mother attempted to hold them off with the Anansi Totem, but was forced to escape with Mari and the Totem before the warlord destroyed the village.
Many years later, Kuasa considered it her duty to continue protecting the village, though it remained empty. Kuasa kidnapped Mari and brought her back to Zambesi in order to take the Totem, which was now bonded to Mari. After successfully taking the Totem, Kuasa was worshiped by locals until Mari, encouraged by the Totem's spirits, was able to reclaim it.
- Amaya Jiwe (relocated to the United States (Earth One); joined the Legends in the Temporal zone)
- Amaya Jiwe's mother (presumed deceased)
- Amaya Jiwe's grandmother (presumed deceased)
- Kuasa (resurrected)
- Mari McCabe (relocated to the United States (Earth One))
- Mari McCabe's father (deceased)
- Mari McCabe's mother (deceased)
- Mary's mother (sold into slavery; presumed deceased)
- Zambesi Village is probably named after the Zambezi, the fourth-longest river in Africa, whose name is also spelled "Zambesi" or "Zambeze". The river begins in Zambia and flows through (or along the borders of) Angola, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Mozambique, so the village may be in one of those countries.
- "Taken" (mentioned)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- "Shogun" (mentioned)
- "Abominations" (mentioned)
- "Land of the Lost" (mentioned)
- "Moonshot" (mentioned)
- "Fellowship of the Spear" (mentioned)