- For the episode of the same name, see Dodger.
Winnick Norton is an elusive international jewel thief who operates under the codename "The Dodger". As a thief, he only goes after items from the Ominous decade, and his signature is to use a hostage to procure the item by attaching a bomb collar to them.
Associations with Team Arrow
When he stole the Sherwood Ruby, Oliver Queen and John Diggle ultimately went after him, hoping to take him down. He unfortunately locks a bomb to Felicity Smoak's neck, when she catches him stealing the decoy. The Dodger is later taken out with his own "shocker" after Oliver causes his car to crash using an arrow, as a dagger.
Working as a part of the Renegades
After his escape, Norton began operating out of Blüdhaven as part of a mercenary group called the Renegades. On Clinton Hogue's authority, they held Felicity Smoak hostage for him. He recognized Felicity, reminiscing about their previous experience involving a bomb collar. Suddenly, The Arrow, Arsenal and The Huntress crashed in from the ceiling. Arsenal took on Norton and Cyrus Vanch. Before he could take them both down, Winnick aimed a gun at Arsenal, accidentally hitting Vanch instead. He was promptly shot by an arrow, but not before Arsenal was electrocuted by Lyle Bolton. Soon enough, Bolton also electrocuted everyone else and held Felicity and The Huntress hostage. Oliver requested that Helena be let go, much to the shock of Felicity, but Helena quickly knocked over Bolton and took back Felicity. They were able to tie all of them up, before anonymously tipping the police and leaving the mercenaries to be found.
- Expert engineer: To force his targets to due his bidding, Norton excels in technology, always building remote-activated bombs that he locks on to the said victim.
- Honed reflexes: While normal trying to avoid any real fighting, Norton is not defenseless. While held at gunpoint by three of Derenick's men, he was quickly able to subdue all three of them with his stun baton before any of them could fire.
- Master tactician: Given his title, Norton is repeatedly shown to be very crafty and adaptive. Never doing things recklessly, he is always methodical in his approach. Should things not go his way, he has a back-up plan ready.
- Bomb collars: Part of his signature, the Dodger uses them to force a hostage to follow his orders. He alternatively uses them simply as explosive distractions.
- Stun baton: A small device he carries around, it is capable of knocking out a man instantly.
- "Three Ghosts" (mentioned)
Arrow: Season 2.5
- In the DC comics, Dodger is a low level thief. However his real name remained unknown, as he is only known by his alias. Unlike the comics, on the show he is given a real name, Winnick Norton, a reference to the original creators of the character, Judd Winick and Mike Norton.
- The soubriquet presumably originates with the Dickens' character of the Artful Dodger in "Oliver Twist".