License Tag Edit
Hey Will, how did you get the license tag to show up when uploading images? I'm trying to make one at another wikia work, but I seriously can't remember how to do it, think you could help out? Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 02:54, February 25, 2014 (UTC)
- I keep forgetting about MediaWiki aha, thanks, yeah that's what I was meaning, thanks man Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 11:49, February 25, 2014 (UTC)
Help with my wikiEdit
ok im aware you dont really like me but as your an expert in wikis i wonderee if u could help me with mie i dont know ow to customze inboxes like on this wiki and i would aprecate help if you could make one for me on the commisionor gordon page many thanks Flamejoe736 (talk) 21:39, February 28, 2014 (UTC)
P.S heres a link to my wiki! http://gotham-tv-series.wikia.com/wiki/Gotham%20TV%20Series%20Wiki?wiki-welcome=1
Flash CW Wiki Edit
Hey, Let me skip to the point, you were right we need to combine wikis to make it more cool. We could both share admins and ideas and we could put cool links up to each others wikis like "check out our flash side" and do cool spoiler pages. This could be a great partnership , and can help us "Barry" the bad blood between us.
~~Matt W. Flash cw wiki
- Dude log into your acc. first, and also, it's not really fair, for you to come over as an admin, we already have anough admins hear at the moment, and everyone's quick with information, as of now, we don't need anymore admins, possible one rollback (TheSonofNeptune) and besides, we're already adding everything Flash Related here anyways, so I don't think we'll be connecting Wiki's like that (seeing Flash is a spinoff and all) Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 15:25, March 1, 2014 (UTC)
- These guys have pretty much said what I've wanted to say, though I'll reiterate. I don't like the idea of adding you guys as admins purely because it's giving you free rights. We'd begun to add things about The Flash quite a bit before you begun your wiki, so you'd basically be given rights because you made a duplicate wiki. However, if you were to redirect the wiki, I'd likely be happy to give you rollback powers, though not adminship. Though of course, editing and whatnot provided, administrator rights aren't out of the question in the future! I'd also ask that, if you weren't to redirect the wiki, please at least create your own content. Don't just copy and paste, it's disgusting. We'll be converting Arrow Wiki to an Arrow/Flash one before long, so you're aware, so it might be good to get a deal sorted soon! —MakeShift (talk) 02:34, March 2, 2014 (UTC)
- First things first I never said I wanted to be admin I said we could use each others admins to edit. Second of all I just wanted to be partners but all you guys want to do is pretty much "Pack Up" my things and just let you guys do flash too. I don't get why you guys want to cover flash too ( I get it was a spinoff of arrow but there are wikis that have spinoff wikis such as Pretty little liars (Ravenswood)).So now that I see you don't want to partner up I will just keep bettering the Flash CW wiki .
- Matt W. "Don't let people stand in the way of your dream." 20:57, March 2, 2014 (UTC)
- You kind of did, you didn't extend on the "share admins" making it sound like you wanted to be an admin here. The only admin at your wikia other than you is TheSonofNeptune, as Galactica and Teenwerewolf are actually the same person, but they have multiple accounts (they've also been banned from here permanently). Well the reason we're telling you to pack up your things, is because in a way, your wikia is just a dup. of ours, pretty much all your information appears to have come from here. Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 01:42, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
- You know what I am done trying to compromise with you guys. I already have tons of affiliates and wikia friends so all I have to to do is advetise on more wikis and suprass this. Also we don't steal any info from here also if anything you should ask one of my admins to show you some of your grammer mistakes.
- BTW I have friends on wikis all over the world so I can have them write the scoop befor it even comes on here in austrailia.
- Matt W. "Don't let people stand in the way of your dream." 03:05, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Lol, whatever Matt, stop stealing our information, also it's unlikely you'll get information before us, from what I've seen, you don't really know what you're doing, so before making such remarks, you better make sure someone doesn't have family who works in America, or with the CW... cya kiddo, have fun with your wikia. If it becomes popular Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 03:15, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
- UYour such a douche. I have not stolen anything from your dang wiki and for your information I live in a america, you can ask wikia to track my IP. Also I know what I am doing considering I have multiple wikis. I mean you haven't even seen all my work and you are insulting it, that is just wrong. I can't even, you are such a.. nothing I can't even waste anymore time on a glorified douche like you. Yeah see you when, and it will, my wiki will get notice.
- Matt W. "Don't let people stand in the way of your dream." 03:24, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
- You have two wikias, Flash-CW and YOUR-ENTERTAINMENT, I just checked the difference between our Oliver Queen Page and yours, and Barry Allens Page, the only difference is that your OQ one is slightly shorter, with image name different, and you don't have all the episodes except for The Scientist and Three Ghosts, everything else is pretty much the same with minor differences, with Barry Allen it is the same, not much has changed except one paragraph. Before making such remarks, again, make sure you can't back up these claims before someone checks them. And just because you're in america doesn't mean you get everything first, everything is released at the same time, and we can watch the shows at the exact same time as you, due to the CW and other channels having live streams online. Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 03:29, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
The reason I have those three episodes is because he was in those episodes so far. Also those are not the only wikias I have those are the only ones I show. So know your facts. Also Oliver is not a paviltal character on the flash so yeah that's why I have less stuff on his page. I can Change the pic and rewrite my Barry Allen paragraph. I should show u my other wikis but you don't deserve to see it Matt W. "Don't let people stand in the way of your dream."
- You're such a little kid with how you're acting, we know he was in those episodes, and I said that was the only different part from the article with barely any changes, other then that, the article was the same, but slightly shorter. And no, you can't, you can only show 4 wikias, and it's normally only the ones you have a high amount of edits on, seeing the other wikis have 150 or less edits, I doubt you have any other wikias. TBH you should rewrite your whole wikia, I'll have others check the wikia regularly to make sure you're no longer plagerising, now leave, and stop arguing, you've been caught out mate. Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 03:43, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Dude here is my wiki http://urgold.wikia.com/wiki/User:MattWilliams247. You just made yourself look well I'll let you figure that out. Also here is another one http://chasinglifeabc-family.wikia.com/wiki/Chasing_Life_Wiki. Also keep checking up and guess what nothing is gonna happen to me.
- Those are both small wikias, with barely a community, so you can't use those, plus they're not well put together, as well as Chasing Life only just starting, so you can't even use that as one. Also, wikia can ban Founders and Admins for constantly plagiarizing other wikias or sources without referencing. Check the code of conduct on community wikia Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 04:08, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
- I am done I just can't even I dont even care if you tell wikia. I just don't care anymore I am wasting my time.
- Matt W. "Don't let people stand in the way of your dream." 04:11, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
- I'd appreciate if you didn't go calling my editors rude names. Especially for no reason. Wraiyf is saying it how it is, he's making nothing up, so think before you speak. As can be read here, "plagiarism" is absolutely okay, under the Creative Commons license, so long as you attribute our wiki. Even if you were to do that, it'd potentially degrade your wiki by just showing how's copied from elsewhere. We've got the two shows on the same wiki as they're both set in the same universe, but if you really insist on having your own wiki, for the love of peace and sanity, write your own articles. It's seriously not hard. You have to write about a max of 2 episodes. Just don't damn copy them. And in future, don't you dare insult my editors or I'll ban you. Oh, and "if they refuse, then the content becomes a copyright concern and the results could range from deleted pages to closed wikis to globally blocking". Grow the hell up. —MakeShift (talk) 07:27, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
- this is why I have a man crush on Will ;)
Matt pretty much admitted to it when he said he doesn't care whether we tell Wikia... seriously if he keeps doing it I will report it, it's disappointing. Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 08:04, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh you ;) Matt's seriously becoming frustrating. Meet me on the chat if possible. —MakeShift (talk) 08:50, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
Hey man, I got a proposition for you. I need you and Matt to get on the chat tomorrow! Thanks. Neptune - When will you learn? Bring all the advantages in the world and I'll still beat you. 08:52, March 13, 2014 (UTC)
I was wondering, would it be possible to make a subcategory of Category:Characters from the comics for characters who debuted in a Batman comic book? I think there are at least 7 so far so it's kind of a notable group. I was thinking the criteria would be that the first appearance of a character would have to be in a Batman series rather than a Green Arrow or JLA or whatever. Wouldn't include guys like Flash/Deathstroke of course. Just wondering what a good name would be. Perhaps just "Batman villains" like at w:c:DC:Category:Category:Batman_villains although I'm suggesting stricter criteria, in that it would have to be a Batman introduction and not merely having fought Batman. +Yc 04:42, March 21, 2014 (UTC)
although they're apart of Batmans Rogue Gallery, they've all fought against G.A numerous times, so just keep the Characters from the Comics category, much easier, else many subcategories will be made, and it'll just turn into a mess Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 04:46, March 21, 2014 (UTC)
I've been wanting to start contributing for a while, but before I do I have one question, why does the wiki have so few images? few characters have galleries, is this a policy or just something that people haven't done yet. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Coluanprime (talk • contribs)
RE: Season 1 & 2 categoriesEdit
Episode Images/Galleries Edit
I think we should use the images that are used at GreenArrowTV as our episode images etc, as they use those, and those images are usually really good for Infoboxes, what do you think? Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 05:43, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
Arrow: Fan Brain Edit
Hey MakeShift. I'm Brandon from Wikia. I just posted a blog, here, about how users here can contribute references for our weekly Arrow: Fan Brain video series.
Is this something you'd be interested in being part of? Can you spread the word to your community members about it? We want as much fan contribution for it as possible, so any references you can provide or help in spreading the word would be great.
Hello Will. I was wondering if you wanted to be affiliated with The Flash wikia. We would both have a word mark for the other's wikia at the bottom of our homepage, and we could reefer to each other's pages over our whole wikis, like on Grant Gustin's page, saying saying he's on The Flash and playing Barry Allen and on our page of him we could say he started on Arrow as Barry Allen etc.
Re: Billy Wintergreen Edit
I know you really want to call Billy Wintergreen deathstroke and all, but I really think it should be renamed to Bishop.
My reasons are: At no point in the series, has Billy ever been referred to as Deathstroke. Its pretty clear that the writers specifically intended this, as Amanda Waller was the first person to use the term "deathstroke" which was in the suicide squad episode. Just because he has the mask doesnt make him deathstroke. Also, his codename is Bishop (as it is in the comics). In interviews, the producers have even stated they intentionally left the name Deathstroke to Slade Wilson.
Just my view but i dont really understand the logic of the counterview. There is no reason to call him Deathstroke is what im saying. "Bishop" is far more appropriate since Fyers actually said it in ep 5 of season 1.
- Actually, I just checked - they never called him Bishop either (might have been in the deleted scenes). Still it seems more appropriate than calling him Deathstroke.
I would like to just let you know I resigned from The Flash Wikia. I used to be an admin there. I was completely unaware of the things going on between this wikia and the one I was a part of.
I came across Matt's wikia through some other CW wikia's , and basically assumed it was legit. Now I see you have covered The Flash too , and I do no longer support The Flash as a wikia on it's own. I agree with the things you said below about the conflict between both sites. I have told Matt about this , and I hope he realizes that your team is perfectly fine to cover the Flash. You're doing a great job at it :) Also, you won't have to worry about me knocking on your door for Admin rights here. I already cover Star-Crossed and The 100 so that's enough work on it's own.
I just wanted to inform you about this.
Keep up the good work!
Badge names and designsEdit
If I or anyone else have suggestions/ideas about giving the badges names or pictures, then where should the idea be posted? or will the badges remain the same? Just wondering. - Immortal ripper (talk) 19:33, April 6, 2014 (UTC)
- I have some ideas for the badges.
- The "welcome to the wiki" badge could be called "Welcome to Starling CIty"
- "Stopping by to say hi" could be called "Eyes and ears in the Glades", with a picture of Roy's flechette on a wall, since you get the badge by writing on someone's message wall.
- "Introduction" for editing your own user page could be called "My name is Oliver Queen".
- Maybe there are other witty names for the badges too but this is what I came up with so far. I figured that the name of the badges could be based on quotes and other stuff from the show. - Immortal ripper (talk) 18:52, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
Okay MakeShift I will do what you asked because my wiki is getting a lot of heat. This is what I am going to do: I am going to divert everyone to Arrow Wiki but it will only be for Arrow. I just want this to end for good. I will contribute to this wiki aswell as mine. I am trying and you can see that so if you can please just let this be enough.
Matt W. "Don't let people stand in the way of your dream." 20:20, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
- You're making this harder on yourself... just do what you say you're gonna do, stop bringing it up. Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 04:28, April 13, 2014 (UTC)
Our last convoEdit
Hey! sry I didn't realize the bad blood between you and the Flash. He said he wasn't sure why you guys declines so I thought I could smooth things out. But that's cool you're adding it on here. Also, do you mind if I clean up a couple of the main character's pages? a lot of the information is redundant and/or too wordy for what's trying to be communicated etc. also, I don't know anything about 'Billy Wintergreen' --~ Lorisa! (talk) 21:27, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
Hey Will, I saw what you put on User:TotallyTinkerbell's talk page. Does that mean it's ok for me to reapply for adminship? Neptune - When will you learn? Bring all the advantages in the world and I'll still beat you. 09:02, April 13, 2014 (UTC)
Thank you. And I have no intention of contributing very much here. I'm interested in the Flash just for entertainment , the only reason I became admin on the flash wikia in the first place was because I felt like it was a really small one and stuff. I don't want admin rights here, just to clear that out. I just wanted to let you know where things stood for me regarding the troubles between both wikias. I support this one , but I will not be active here. Thanks for reading , I hope I didn't bother you too much. TotallyTinkerbell (talk) 12:17, April 13, 2014 (UTC) Taya
Thanks for tellling me about the staus thing, if your wondering why wrote that Oliver killed Ivo, it was becuse I had seen it on other pages several times and just assumed that it was a new thing you could do.