- "There's no rhyme nor reason to any of this. History is war and slavery and holding a dead son in your arms. There's no point in protecting history so we might as well just burn it all down."
- —Rip Hunter
When The Legends find a new Time Aberration they learn they must travel to the winter of 1776 to protect George Washington and the American Revolutionary War. Unfortunately, things don’t go as planned, forcing Sara to send out Nate and Amaya to help. Meanwhile, Jax and Stein who are busy protecting the incapacitated Waverider from their new enemy, are forced to step into roles that they don’t think they are prepared for.
Preparation ran from November 7 until November 16, 2016 with a break on November 11 for Remembrance Day. Shooting ran from November 17 until November 30, 2016.
- "Turncoat" is a military term for someone who shifts allegiance from one loyalty/cause to another, often betraying their original party. Also known as a traitor. Rip Hunter becomes a turncoat when he betrays the Legends and joins the Legion of Doom.
- Mick Rory broke the fourth wall when he addressed the audience at the end of his opening monologue.
- Ray mentions how without George Washington, America wouldn't have the musical Hamilton.
- Nate states that he and Amaya are "not in Kansas anymore", a reference to the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz, which Amaya notes. Nate also mentions how he was afraid of the flying monkeys in the film. Nate also later gets Amaya ruby slippers as a Christmas gift, referencing those worn by protagonist Dorothy Gale.
- Nate describes the mechanics of the dating app Tinder to Amaya.
- The CW broadcasting of this episode featured special LEGO end cards to coincide the release of The LEGO Batman Movie. Unlike the other three Arrowverse shows, the DC/Warner Bros. variant does not have a minifigure that represents one of the Legends of Tomorrow characters and is instead recreated in LEGO form.
- During the Christmas party the cast is playing with Christmas crackers in the background. While much more popular in Commonwealth countries such as Canada, where the show is filmed, the tradition of Christmas crackers is not widely practiced by Americans.
- Rip Hunter said "The British are Coming" when the British army was approaching. This was the line that Paul Revere shouted out to warn American colonists when the British were coming to attack.
- It seems that Arrowvese is on a Star Trek kick, this time around, although the dialogue is changed, when Professor Martin Stein says "Damn it, Jefferson, I'm a physicist, not a doctor." and Jefferson "Jax" Jackson counters "And I'm a mechanic, not a Captain." which a famous character from the Star Trek: TOS Dr. Leonard McCoy, who would say "I'm a doctor, not a..." in various episodes.
- When Jax and Sara are talking in the office, a glass skull can be seen on the desk beside Sara. It is similar to the crystal skull in the Indiana Jones movie.
|DC's Legends of Tomorrow season 2|
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" •"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|