"Tribute" is the second episode of the sixth season of Arrow, and the one-hundred-seventeenth episode overall. It aired on October 19, 2017.
- Oliver drops the name of Bruce Wayne at a press conference about him being a superhero dressing up. In the DC comics, Bruce Wayne is a vigilante hero known as Batman, the protector of Gotham City, a man dressed like a bat who fights against evil and strikes terror into the hearts of criminals everywhere. Batman is also a member of the Justice League and a teammate of Oliver as Green Arrow.
- Although the title to this episode was originally misleading to the viewers who think it's about one of the fallen Lian Yu victims, it possibly refers to the reference that actually came from the brainchild of Stephen Amell. Amell was surprised that it made into the final cut of the episode even though the original script was suppose to have him say a famous person. He was so optimistic and he originally reached out to Greg Berlanti about getting a Batman reference on the show. Berlanti then suggested that he should get permission from current DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. But it was during a conversation at the 2017 DC Comics’ Comic-Con meeting in San Diego between Amell, Johns, Warner Bros. Entertainment CEO Kevin Tsujihara, Warner Bros. Television President Peter Roth and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment president Diane Nelson that Tsujihara finally gave the permission to the Johns, Berlanti and, eventually, to Stephen.
- After hearing "Python", Curtis asks whether Felicity Smoak talks about a supervillian while she talks about the programming language Python. In the DC comics, Python is a supervillain and the enemy of the Sandman.
- Like the previous episode, this episode contains another Injustice 2 easter egg which includes Oliver and William making references to the game while DLC characters like Black Manta and Mortal Kombat character Sub-Zero were heard performing their respective moves off-screen.
- When Oliver and Diggle are in the Arrow cave, Oliver tells him a favor, while the latter says to him "as Green Arrow he will not remove suspicion from Oliver". This refers to the events of "Damaged" when Oliver was accused being vigilante and Diggle replacing him as Green Arrow (at the time as "The Hood" initially) to avoid accusations against him. Diggle was also again as "The Hood" but only in visual program/manifestation, orchestrated by Dominators when he and his friends were captured and put in chamber pods in "Invasion!". When John wanted to tell him about his nerve damage from his arm (due to the shrapnel from Lian Yu island), Oliver tells him to replace him as a Green Arrow while the former wants to do mayor duties and be more with his son William (including avoiding suspicions from FBI agent Samandra Watson), which will be seen in next episode "Next of Kin".
Preparation ran from July 10 until July 18, 2017. Shooting ran from July 19 until August 1, 2017, with a break on July 21.
- ↑ Arrow #6.2 “Tribute” Spoiler Description - GreenArrowTV
- ↑ Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) - Twitter
|Arrow season 6|
|"" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|