- "This town is being terrorized by the Stillwater gang, and I aim to do something about it."
"You aim to? You going native on us, Haircut?"
- —Ray and Mick
"The Magnificent Eight" is the eleventh episode of the first season of DC's Legends of Tomorrow and the eleventh episode overall. It aired early in Canada on April 12, 2016, and later aired in the United States on April 14, 2016.
When the team needs a place to hide out, Rip sets a course for the Old West. Upon arrival, they start a fight with a gang of outlaws, putting the small town in jeopardy. Luckily, an old friend of Rip's, Jonah Hex, steps in to save them.
Preparation ran from January 13 until January 21, 2016. Shooting ran from January 22 until February 3, 2016.
- The intro scene of this episode is very similar to a scene in Justice League animated series as both features an old west version of the show's theme song. Coincidentally, both episode also features Jonah Hex.
- Rip needs to travel 200 years into the past before he can feel any side-effects from time travel.
- Mick no longer suffers side-effects, due to his time as Chronos.
- Snart experiences lyngustic displasia - speaking words in the wrong order - after time travel.
- Snart still has the bruises from his fight with Mick, but they are healed in the next episode.
- During the bar fight, the Wilhelm Scream can be heard.
- Rip explains that he once had the same problem Sara had the previous episode; he grew so accustomed to a foreign time period, that he almost forgot who he truly was.
- The city of Salvation has a history with Jonah Hex in the comics.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the 1960 Western film The Magnificent Seven.
- Ray Palmer uses the alias "John Wayne", a famous Western actor.
- The store "Kubert's Barbershop" is referencing the famous Kubert family of comic book artists.
- Rip mentions the comic book villain Quentin Turnbull destroying the city of Calvert.
- Hawkgirl meets her Old West counterpart, who mentions that Hawkman's counterpart was her husband Hannibal Hawkes. In the comics these characters were Cinnamon and Nighthawk.
- Kendra learns that her reincarnation cycle is cursed; she is doomed to only ever be with Prince Khufu in every life. If she attempts to be with someone else, it will either end with heartbreak (like with Cisco and Ray) or tragedy.
- Martin saves H. G. Wells, a writer who later becomes famous for writing the sci-fi novel The Time Machine.
- In the comics, Pilgrim is a member of the Wildstorm team Wetworks.
- ↑ Jonah Hex Meets DC's Legends of Tomorrow In "The Magnificent Eight" Synopsis - Comicbook.com
- ↑ Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) - Twitter
|DC's Legends of Tomorrow season 1|
|"Pilot, Part 1" • "Pilot, Part 2" • "Blood Ties" • "White Knights" • "Fail-Safe" • "Star City 2046" • "Marooned" • "Night of the Hawk" • "Left Behind" • "Progeny" • "The Magnificent Eight" • "Last Refuge" • "Leviathan" • "River of Time" • "Destiny" • "Legendary"|