The Commander is an underling of general Astra.
Sabotage of Flight 237
Working with Vartox to sabotage Flight 237 in order to kill several D.E.O. operatives on board, The Commander questioned as to why they weren't dead, being told by Vartox that it was because of the heroine who flew into the sky and saved the plane. Questioning her identity, The Commander told Vartox to add the mystery heroine to his list along with the D.E.O. operatives he was already ordered to eliminate, as General Astra's arrival was imminent, and as such nothing was to interfere. The Commander later reported to The General of Vartox's death, and that among other things he had ascertained Supergirl's identity, as Alura Zor-El's daughter. He was then ordered by The General to find Kara and kill her, as even though she was The General's niece, nothing was to stand in their way.
Powers and abilities
- Kryptonian physiology: Normally, like all Kryptonians, the Commander's capabilities are no greater than a normal human of his physical conditioning. However, once charged by the energy of a blue or yellow sun and metabolized into his body, he becomes able to perform various inhuman feats.
- Longevity: As a Kryptonian, the Commander's life span is considerably longer than a normal human and likewise ages far slower.
- Solar energy absorption: The Commander is able to absorb and metabolize solar energy from a blue or yellow sun to obtain his powers.
- Super strength: The Commander is far stronger than a normal human, as well as some aliens, when exposed to a blue or yellow sun.
- Super speed: The Commander is able to at super-sonic speeds, both through flight and on foot.
- Flight: The Commander is able to fly by manipulating gravity.
- Invulnerability: The Commander essentially invulnerable to all Earthly weapons, with bullets simply ricocheting whenever they come in to contact with his skin, the Commander has nearly impenetrable flesh and bones, allowing him to take far more damage than a normal human.
- Accelerated healing factor: The Commander is able to heal and recover far faster than a normal human. His higher metabolism allows his body to process and burn calories far more faster than any other normal human, allowing him to not gain weight and remain physically healthy with little to no maintaining.
- Super hearing: The Commander can hear perfectly across several miles and through structures.
- Super breath: The Commander is able to exhale powerful gusts of wind from his mouth, as well as causing the temperature of his breath to drop below subzero cold, therefore allowing him to freeze nearly anything.
- X-ray vision: The Commander is able to see through all solid objects; except for lead.
- Heat vision: The Commander is able to shoot concentrated heat beams of variable intensity and temperature out of his eyes when exposed to a blue or yellow sun.
- Contaminant immunity: The Commander has an immunity to all forms of disease and contaminants on Earth.
- Telepathy immunity: The Commander is immune to all forms of telepathy.
- Multilingual: The Commander is capable of fluently speaking English and Kryptonese.
- Kryptonite: Like all Kryptonians, even while empowered, the Commander is vulnerable to the exposure of Kryptonite, a radioactive mineral from his home planet Krypton. Depending on the nature of the said Kryptonite, it will cause a different adverse affect on him;
- Green Kryptonite: Green Kryptonite not only physically hurts the Commander and weakens his physical attributes, leaving him vulnerable to weapons and anything in general that can kill a normal human, but if he is exposed to it for too long, it will kill him.
- Red Kryptonite: If exposed to Red Kryptonite, it gradually destroys the Commander's inhibitions and turns him into a corrupt version of himself. Left without morality, compassion, rationality, or any cares whatsoever, the Commander will become malevolent and prone to hostility and aggression, making him a danger to everyone around him.
- Silver Kryptonite: If exposed to Silver Kryptonite, it will cause the Commander to go in a deep and frightful hallucination where nothing from the outside world can stir him out of it until it leaves his system.
- Lead: The Commander can not see through lead, even with his X-ray vision.
- Red sun energy: Like all Kryptonians, exposure to the Red Sun will make the Commander the equivalent of a human being on Earth.
- Extreme energy: Extreme amounts of energy, can be enough to kill the Commander.
- Solar energy depletion: Using his powers to its maximum for an extended period can significantly drain his solar energy to the point where the Commander loses all of his powers and is rendered more human like for at least a day. This renders him as weak as a human, allowing the Commander to get injured and killed as easy as killing a human.