- For the digital companion comic series, see Adventures of Supergirl.
When a new threat emerges in National City, Kara/Supergirl teams up with her cousin, Clark Kent/Superman, to stop it. Kara is thrilled to have family in town but it leaves Alex feeling a bit left out. Meanwhile, Hank and Supergirl are stunned by the pod that came crashing to Earth.
- J'onn claims to have invented the name "kryptonite", which is unique to this series.
- It is revealed that Clark used to work with the D.E.O., until he had a huge falling out with J'onn J'onzz regarding the D.E.O. keeping kryptonite as weapons.
- From this episode onwards Calista Flockhart is no longer a series regular. This is due to the show's production team relocating from Los Angeles to Vancouver Canada, as Flockhart was averse to moving out of LA. Despite this, she continues to be in involved in the show (albeit as a recurring/guest star).
- The episode's title is a reference to The Adventures of Superman comics, as well as the Adventures of Supergirl digital tie-in comic book series. The word "Adventures" has been used by several Superman themed TV and radio sows including: The Adventures of Superman, The Adventures of Superpup, The New Adventures of Superman, The Adventures of Superboy (animated and live action) and Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.
- Clark references "Great Caesar's Ghost" to Perry White which he says in the TV series The Adventures of Superman.
- Cat's new assistant, Miss Teschmacher, is a reference to Lex Luthor's assistant from Superman: The Movie and its sequel, Superman II.
- Lena's quote "Statistically speaking, of course, it's still the safest way to travel" is from Superman: The Movie.
- Winn mentions an earthquake that Superman stopped in the San Andreas fault, a reference to Superman: The Movie.
|Supergirl season 2|
|"The Adventures of Supergirl" • "The Last Children of Krypton" • "Welcome to Earth" • "Survivors" • "Crossfire" • "Changing" • "The Darkest Place" • "Medusa" • "Supergirl Lives" • "We Can Be Heroes" • "The Martian Chronicles" • "Luthors" • "Mr. & Mrs. Mxyzptlk"|
|"Homecoming" • "Exodus" • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA|