- "Well, that is very, very sweet. But how about... “Scientific and Technological Advanced Research Laboratories” or S.T.A.R. Labs, for short? Because in the vast night sky, you, Harrison Wells, are the only star I see."
- —Tess to her husband, Harrison Wells[src]
Tess Morgan (died 2000) was a scientist and the wife of Dr. Harrison Wells.
She and her husband, Dr. Harrison Wells, lived in Starling City. In 2000, Harrison had an idea for a laboratory in and discussed this concept with Tess while on a date at the beach, which made her smile and even developed the name.
Tess and Harrison founded S.T.A.R. Labs and saw their new company in its prime, in the year 2020, they created the particle accelerator, and likely survived the explosion; however, unknown to Tess and Harrison, the unknown energies released from the particle accelerator explosion created many meta-humans, including Barry Allen/The Flash.
Like her husband, Tess was a very kind and caring person. Tess was shown to be very humble as S.T.A.R. Labs was going to be named after her but she came up with the former name.
- Genius-level intellect: Tess was far more intelligent than Harrison Wells, a recognized genius himself. Her insight allowed her to to finish research and development in a fraction of the time it would take her husband to finish.
- "The Flash Is Born" (mentioned)
- "The Sound and the Fury" (mentioned)
- "Tricksters" (flashback)
- "All Star Team Up" (mentioned)
- "Who is Harrison Wells?" (mentioned)
- Due to Randolf Morgan on Earth Nineteen sharing of surnames with Tess, and a close relationship with H.R. Wells, Randolf is possibly a gender bend counterpart of Tess.
Behind the scenes
- In a deleted scene from "Fast Enough", Joe West questions Eobard about how he managed to pretend to care about Tess. Eobard reveals that when stealing Harrison's likeness, he also took Harrison's memories, thoughts and feelings, thus the heart still ached with real love for Tess, who Eobard never knew and ultimately killed.