- "Well, that is very, very sweet. But how about... “Scientific and Technological Advanced Research Laboratories” or S.T.A.R. Labs, for short? Because in the vast night sky, you, Harrison Wells, are the only star I see."
- —Tess to her husband, Harrison Wells[src]
Tess Morgan (died 2000) was a scientist and the wife of Dr. Harrison Wells.
She and Dr. Harrison Wells, in which was her husband, lived in Starling City. In 2000, Harrison had an idea for a laboratory in and discussed this concept with Tess while on a date at the beach, which made her smile and even developed the name.
Original timeline: Tess and her husband founded S.T.A.R. Labs and saw their new company in its prime, in the year 2020, they created the particle accelerator, and likely survived the explosion; however, unknown to Tess and Harrison, the unknown energies released from the particle accelerator explosion created an unknown number of superhumans known as meta-humans, including Barry Allen/The Flash. Presumably, she and Wells had a son or a daughter (that could had been Jesse's Earth One counterpart), but their personal families lives weren't mention leaving it up to speculation.
Current timeline: Although Tess and her husband never got the chance to start S.T.A.R. Labs and see their new company in its prime, S.T.A.R. Labs still exists in the timeline because of the actions of Eobard Thawne, including the particle accelerator (in the original timeline, however, the particle accelerator was not created until the year 2020). Eobard founded the company under the guise of Harrison Wells and (to the detriment of her husband's reputation) used his knowledge of the future to create and activate the particle accelerator, ensuring that Barry Allen would be struck by the lightning bolt that turns him into the Flash so that Barry could ultimately get him back to his own time.
Tess like her late husband was a very kind and caring person. Tess was shown to be very humble as S.T.A.R. Labs was going to be named after her but she came up with the former name.
- Genius-level intellect: Tess was far more intelligent than Harrison Wells, a recognized genius himself. Her insight allowed her to to finish research and development in a fraction of the time it would take her husband to finish.
- "The Flash Is Born" (mentioned)
- "The Sound and the Fury" (mentioned)
- "Tricksters" (flashback)
- "All Star Team Up" (mentioned)
- "Who is Harrison Wells?" (mentioned)
- Tess Morgan's Earth Two counterpart, is likely Jesse Quick's late mother.
- Though there exists no known relation between the two characters, Randolf Morgan shares Tess' last name, and currently inhabits Earth Nineteen.
Behind the scenes
- In a deleted scene from "Fast Enough", Joe West questions Eobard about how he managed to pretend to care about Tess. Eobard reveals that when stealing Harrison's likeness, he also took Harrison's memories, thoughts and feelings, thus the heart still ached with real love for Tess, who Eobard never knew and ultimately killed.