- The images that are currently used fit nicely and do not waste space. —MakeShift (talk · contribs) 07:16, October 27, 2012 (UTC)
- It is because you removed an image, as well as added unconfirmed information, thus it was, in theory, seen as incorrect. —MakeShift (talk · contribs) 05:49, November 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, he is a murderer, but that's generally what the show revolves around! —MakeShift (talk · contribs) 23:22, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
Why has Oliver not been called by a proper superhero name? As far as I've heard he's only been called the hood and I've not heard him ever being called the arrow.Svärd (talk) 15:02, November 30, 2012 (UTC)
Did anyone else notice that they got Deathstroke wrong in this wiki. They said he was Billy Wintergreen when Deathstroke is actually Slade Wilson...
- Both Slade and Billy are known as "Deathstroke", it's a codename used by both of them while wearing their orange-and-black balaclavas. —MakeShift (talk) 16:37, June 30, 2013 (UTC)
I read on the newspaper from The Flash episode "The Trap", a newspaper from the year 2024, says that Oliver goes by Green Arrow, just like in the comics. So there's hope! Maymichael (talk) 20:40, April 29, 2015 (UTC)
I noticed some things on the wiki about the bows were incorrect, as it refers to Yao Fei's longbow as a compound bow and Oliver Queen's newest bow as a recurve instead of a compound (yes, the limbs are recurved, but there are cams close to the riser, it's a lever compound bow; an Oneida Kestral to be precise)
Can someone correct these?
I think we should add Olivers membership in the Bratva.
Is it still a spoiler that Oliver was not allways on the island, as Oliver reveald it to Diggle in both season 1 and 2?
I've seen a few rumors floating about saying how we will see Oliver learn to fly in Season 3, and I would like to remind everyone that we learned in Season 1 that he already could as his father taught him. Karlito 1997 (talk) 12:58, May 16, 2014 (UTC)
- No, we actually found out that Oliver was good at working on planes, no actually flying them, he said his dad did his own maintenance and Oliver helped. Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 13:35, May 16, 2014 (UTC)
I'm really looking forward to geting to see Oliver discovering that he has a child and I hope he has an amazing reaction when he finds out. I believe that he will discover this when he makes a appearance in the Flash, since the mother of his child lives in Central City. I also strongly believe that the kid will get kidnapped or put in danger by Malcolm, now that he's a main character.
- We don't know, we know he spent at least 2 years there, and probs a year in Hong Kong, the other 2 years we don't know anything about. Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 15:36, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks for the answer :).
- Don't forget he was rescued from the island in year 5. --Revan's Exile (talk) 22:37, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
- How do we know that it was two years when the flashbacks during season 2 were only a few weeks ?Svärd (talk) 08:18, August 9, 2014 (UTC)
List of People Who Know
I think we should have a list of all the people who know that Oliver is the Arrow, to keep track on everyone. The list should show the number of the episode in which the character found out. I think we should also have a list for Barry Allen, and maybe for others who have a secret identity, but we should at least have a list for Oliver and Barry. Strawhat1 (talk) 16:40, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
If we were to do such a thing it would be redundant, adding a link to the category page would make more sense. --184.108.40.206 12:55, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
I'm for keeping the category, it's much cleaner, having a section for people who know his secret is pointless. Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 13:04, July 31, 2014 (UTC)
Someone explain to me why Oliver's child isn't listed as his family member? Even if there was an actual miscarraige, it is still his child so why not list the child with its status as "unknown".Cloudtheavenger (talk) 07:32, October 12, 2014 (UTC)
- A woman can have a number of miscarriages and yet you don't list all of those miscarriages as actual babies, hence why Oliver's child isn't listed. —MakeShift (talk page) 09:01, October 12, 2014 (UTC)
Can we please change the abilities page. Oliver has actually been seen catching an arrow now when he caught one shot at him by Komodo.
Small grammar error.
Abilities ■Peak of human physical condition: "... Oliver is able to dodge an arrow, his reflexes also allowed him to catch a flechette thrown at him by Roy Harper, and he can possibly an arrow thrown at him as well."
Oliver is able to dodge an arrow, his reflexes also allowed him to catch a flechette thrown at him by Roy Harper, and he can possibly catch an arrow thrown at him as well.
Small error but it's there nonetheless.
That last part sounds like speculation, so it won't be added. Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 23:41, November 7, 2014 (UTC)
I think you misunderstand. It's already there but with a grammatical error. If we want to remove the entire sentence "and he can possibly an arrow thrown at him as well." for speculation reasons, fine, but that's not what I was trying to say. -- Scott Spear 220.127.116.11 00:31, November 8, 2014 (UTC)
Oliver Queens Status
May want to change his living status to dead now...
18.104.22.168 10:14, December 11, 2014 (UTC)
we've seen images of upcoming episodes, so we know that he isn't dead. Wraiyf You never know when life will hit you hard, but then you hit it back. 10:21, December 11, 2014 (UTC)
Yeah, somebody edit it. Oliver isn't dead. Anyone who thinks he is dead is a dumbass! Lol.
I suggest changing Deceased to Unknown
We're it anyone other than the main character I would agree with deceased, however as it is the main character I agree with the unsigned comment above me. --Gboy4 (talk) 18:51, December 11, 2014 (UTC)
Oliver dead, yeah comic book logic everyone, if Ra's al Ghul said he is possibly older then 100 years from which we can assume, then oliver queen is as dead as my social life. No not true people. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Lord Shockwave (talk • contribs)
He was just stabbed twice and kicked off the cliff.(A VERY HIGH CLIFF NO WAY HE SURVIVES THAT) Pretty sure he's dead. I think they'll probably use the Lazarus Pit to bring him back. Sherlock Holmes (talk) 01:39, December 12, 2014 (UTC)
Doesn't matter what was done to him, there is no confirmation that he is dead. People have survived being shot in the head twice, people have survived 14k drop when their parachute failed to deploy, there are numerous things that should kill someone but they survive. Oliver could have survived the stabbing and the fall quite easily. --Revan's Exile (talk) 02:43, December 12, 2014 (UTC)
But being stabbed twice and kicked off the top of a mountain? Yeah..also the promo of him lying on the ground should be enough. If Sara didn't survive three arrows to the chest and the fall from a rooftop. Ollie isn't surviving getting stabbed twice and kicked off a mountain Sherlock Holmes (talk) 03:42, December 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Sure, Ollie could've survived, it could happen. But using that logic, almost literally anyone on the show could've survived, so no. We're not using that logic. —MakeShift (talk page) 05:24, December 12, 2014 (UTC)
Man what a mid season finale, how Oliver was defeated by ra's al ghul, but he can't be dead right? He the protagonist of the series and besides why would they kill him off after 3 seasons? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Jaketynan (talk • contribs)
- You'd generally assume that they wouldn't kill Oliver off, but never say never! It'd definitely send things in a new direction! —MakeShift (talk page) 15:21, December 12, 2014 (UTC)
Can someone change the status to unkown? We dont know for sure that he is dead. From the pictures and articles that has been poping up recently it is more of a chance that he is still alive!
Also this page needs a serious trivia cleanup. A lot of it belongs else where or doesn't belong there at all. IE his scars, his arrests (which is background) I moved them to the proper section but someone moved them back. I think people are getting that idea from the TVD wikia where they blow up the trivia section like it's plot material.Cloudtheavenger (talk) 08:58, January 7, 2015 (UTC)
Oliver's middle name is Jonas. He reveals this during Season 2: Episode 15 while under Ivo's "truth serum." Although Oliver is able to counteract the effects of the serum, it wouldn't make sense for him to lie about his middle name.
- It was there before. Some random vandalized and changed the name and someone changed it back but forgot to add the middle name.—TIMESHADE /TALK/CONTRIBS/ 23:50, January 15, 2015 (UTC)
22.214.171.124 23:20, January 15, 2015 (UTC)
Oliver's fate after Season 3 midseason finale
Surely Oliver "died" after his defeat at Ra's al Ghul's hands? (I know he's now alive as of recent episodes). There is no way anyone could survive the fall after being impaled by a sword. (Yes, granted this show requires us to suspend our disbelief with character "deaths" i.e. Deadshot, Merlyn ).....anyways, I'm just speculating this now until they give more information in the show. But I do leave with this - the Demon's Head is supposed to not take any prisoners, so why would he not have given a fatal blow at the end of the duel? Samael M (talk) 14:37, February 2, 2015 (UTC)
- In Midnight City, Tatsu said the cold and Oliver's will to live kept him alive.—TIMESHADE /TALK/CONTRIBS/ 17:55, February 2, 2015 (UTC)
Tolerance for Poison
Does anyone believe Oliver has superior poison tolerance or was it simply because the poison entered his bloodstream via his arm so it took longer to take effect?Cloudtheavenger (talk) 20:40, February 27, 2015 (UTC)
Hello Oliver(Arrow) I'm your fan. Please tell me something <3 please. I'm from Georgia.
Why does Oliver live with the guilt of his father death, when his death was not his fault and I don't get why he remembers his father as a good person when he seconds before his suicide he murderd an inocent man
Survivor's guilt. His father sacrificed himself and the other boatman so that his son could live and survive. His father admitted his mistakes and told Oliver to right the wrongs. Samael M (talk) 17:04, July 29, 2015 (UTC)
Oliver Queen has been through a lot of money because he is five and he can't manage money. He is awesome, but he should just get laid. He seems too tense what an idiot
I'm not sure if this is the right choice, but should we add Oliver to the villains category as he is evil now?
Honestly how can Oliver be so fucking stupid to let Malcolm become Ra's al Ghul when he murderd 503 people including Tommy in the undertaking, forced his mother to work with him and murderd Sara in a plot that resulted in Oliver geting stabbed and pushed of mountain. Also Malcolm is the one responsible for Oliver geting stranded on Lian Yu. Svärd (talk) 05:07, May 14, 2015 (UTC)
Please do not change Oliver's marital status
Oliver is still married to Nyssa, and no where does it say that he divorced her. if Oliver can divorce her at all. I'd thank you StevenAlex22 if you will refrain yourself from making any changes in the character bar.Superior Spider-Man (talk) 04:10, May 22, 2015 (UTC)
Oliver's Death Year
If you don't agree with it revert and we'll talk it here but my reason for that is in according to the spoiler policy. We must go by current show information. As such, any assumption of any time alterations is to be excluded until otherwise shown. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Cloudtheavenger (talk • contribs)
- You do realize the rest of us know how to do basic math right? His exact death date and year weren't confirmed, so you need not put it. Neptune - Everything's impossible until somebody does it. 07:46, July 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, we go by current show information, but Eobard mentioned how old he was when he died in his timeline; because time travel is so confusing and basically anything creates a new timeline, any sort of information like that purporting to be fact is dubious, as a lot of present-day events are occurring, making those events even less likely, hence the inclusion of, for example, a "Future" section, which is merely just possible facts. —MakeShift (talk page) 08:19, July 18, 2015 (UTC)
Epidisode Intro quotes?
So, He says this thing at the beginning of each episode, about how he spent 5 years on an island and wanted and had ot become someone else. The latest one ends with "I had to become... the Green Arrow!" IIRC Can we get those collected somewhere?
I propose for any aliases which are not obvious (Green Arrow being the s4e1 title doesnt need referencing) we cite where it was used. Then people would know when it first happened and proper sourcing prevents made-up stuff leaking in.
Does anyone know which char in which ep calls him EA for example? I don't recall.
"Chatty Cathy" on the other hand, cartoonish as it sounds, was used as an official alias during fieldwork in Lost Souls by Felicity, so I think we should add that. If E was not uzed at least that often then I question if it deserves prime bolded mention if CC does not. 126.96.36.199 19:42, November 12, 2015 (UTC)
I think that we need a separate article to list all the victims, killed by Oliver Queen, like ones on Dexter Wiki and Hannibal Wiki. I actually had a rough draft started a year ago which was lost, sadly, because of hard disk failure. As it is a wiki about a few series it may, as well, be a Main Protagonists Kill List as both Barry Allen and John Constantine already have on-screen kills. As far as I know Oliver had already killed at least 50 people on the series and the number is growing rapidly, especially in flashbacks. --Тостер (talk) 21:22, November 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Even if we do that, we won't be using capitals in first letter of each word. That only happens when it's an official name. When using a name that only describes what it is, you don't use capitals.—TIMESHADE /TALK/CONTRIBS/ 21:26, November 24, 2015 (UTC)
a skilled teacher?
I really enjoy how now infoboxes show all of the alter-egos of characters, as I really love the feature and now it is even better. May be just me, but shouldn't he also be listed and pictured as Ra's Al Ghul as well? While his tenure was very brief, he technically battled Eobard Thawne while being one and, as well, he had a ring and a slightly different look then in Al Sah-him persona (mask removed). Also, when he was The Hood he lacked mask as well so he looked differently then "The Arrow" persona. --Тостер (talk) 21:44, February 23, 2016 (UTC)
- I was thinking another way we could add images of all past alteregos in infobox is something like this. I didn't bother adding the proper alterego images but this is just a general mock up I did on my sandbox wiki. I also did a minor tweak to how we could possibly add actors who portrayed a young version of said character. These are all just suggestions and nothing is finalized.—TIMESHADE /TALK/CONTRIBS/ 23:36, February 23, 2016 (UTC)
- The idea on actors is quite interesting too. As for the alter egos - the option we see now is a really beautiful invention of this wiki and I think it's great to have switchable pictures for any variant of alter-ego - it shows visual history and progression of some characters nicely. Successors, though, should probably just be listed under the alter ego in the infobox, textually, in my opinion. I think we need this for Vandal Savage, by the way, with years. --Тостер (talk) 00:44, February 24, 2016 (UTC)
Where's the list of people that Oliver has killed? I know Thea and Snart have ones and probably so do others but where's his? He's killed a lot of people during these past 4 seasons.--RA (talk) 20:33, February 27, 2016 (UTC)
I noticed that Flash has his former alter egos. Why not have the Green Arrow's alter ego's listed?
If a character is not publically known to be related to another, shouldn't it be biological? Like Thea is Merlyn's biological daughter because she is not publically known as Merlyn's daughter. Therefore, William should be listed as "biological son".Cloudtheavenger (talk) 23:07, April 1, 2016 (UTC)
The only reason one would ever need to include biological is if they had an adoptive/foster/step-parent and you were trying to make it clear which is which. William doesn't have an adoptive/foster/step-father. To refer to him as biological is absolutely unnecessary. --Revan's Exile (talk) 00:30, April 2, 2016 (UTC)
Two minor questions
Sorry if either of these random questions have been answered before, but I'm curious...
- Was Oliver Queen ever referred to as the Emerald Archer in the series? — Thinking about the names given to the character throughout the 4-5 seasons, I've yet to recall him being referred to as such. Or perhaps am I forgetting a specific scene or episode where this has occurred. I know it's part of the Comics canon and it is on at least one Arrow-related shirt but I'm asking about the TV series itself.
- Is Oliver still killing in Season 5? — It's a dumb question, I know, but it is a little confusing. There are posts saying he's still killing after noticing his more violent actions as well as killing his captors as Mayor Queen. We know in post-Season 2, Oliver is against killing; only main instances are the first Count Vertigo (for knowing his secret/threating Felicity), Ra's al Ghul (for his mass genocide), and Damien Darhk (countless reasons). Other times are if the random thugs see Oliver's face or perhaps any deaths have happened by accident. I'm assuming that hasn't changed in Season 5, aside from the aforementioned scene in the first episode...perhaps by the lecture Thea gave him afterwards? Or maybe I'm thinking too much about this.
- Oliver was called the Emerald Archer once by Chien Na Wei in season 2.—TIMESHADE /TALK/CONTRIBS/ 17:22, November 3, 2016 (UTC)
I was wondering if we could change the profile picture for the alter ego into this one:
it's in brighter lighting, plus you can see the suit in a better angle.
I asked this in the Forum and I was told to ask it here. I personally think the current pp for Green Arrow is a bit too dark and at a strange angle. I was hoping to see if this option could possibly be seen a better choice. It shows Ollie in a better light so you can see the suit clearer plus it still gives a meanacing demeanor to him and shows the upper half of his body better. StarkResilientAvengers (talk) 07:53, December 29, 2017 (UTC)