Stephen Amell (born May 8, 1981) is a Canadian actor. He portrays Oliver Queen in the lead role on Arrow, in a guest starring role in the first, second and third seasons of The Flash and the first and second seasons of DC's Legends of Tomorrow, and as a special guest star in Vixen. He also briefly portrayed Werner Zytle as he takes the form of Oliver in his very own Vertigo-induced hallucination.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- "Pilot, Part 1" Oliver Queen/Green Arrow (special guest star)
- "Star City 2046" Oliver Queen/Green Arrow (special guest star)
- "Out of Time" Oliver Queen (special guest star)
- "Invasion!" Oliver Queen/Green Arrow (special guest star)
- Stephen's cousin, Robbie Amell, appears in a guest starring role as Ronnie Raymond/Firestorm in the first season of The Flash. The two appeared on-screen together later that season in the episode, "Rogue Air".
- Stephen has been the subject of a number of articles on the internet highlighting his extreme physical exercise regimen, describing him as a performer who trains like a real-life superhero.
- Stephen Amell was cast as Casey Jones, another vigilante character from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, the second film in the rebooted live-action Ninja Turtles film series. Stephen Amell compared the roles, stating Casey Jones is "almost like the Oliver Queen people know from the older comic books".
- Stephen once auditioned for the role of Spartacus in the Starz original series Spartacus: Vengeance. The role was won by Liam McIntyre who portrays Mark Mardon/Weather Wizard, on The Flash.
- He is one of the 6 only actors and actresses to have been in all four CW's series (Arrow, The Flash, Vixen, DC's Legends of Tomorrow), along with Grant Gustin, Carlos Valdes, Brandon Routh, Emily Bett Rickards and Katie Cassidy.
- Stephen is a huge fan of WWE. During the summer of 2015, he made a few appearances on the program and even competed in a Tag Team Match against former enemy Cody Rhodes who later appears in season 5.