- "Hail Mon-El, Prince of Daxam."
- —Queen Rhea
"Star-Crossed" is the sixteenth episode of the second season of Supergirl, and the thirty-sixth episode overall. It aired on March 20, 2017. The end of the episode served as the beginning of a musical crossover between The Flash and Supergirl, which continuing with the seventeenth episode of the third season of The Flash.
A new villain comes to National City, putting Supergirl on high alert. Meanwhile, Winn's girlfriend, Lyra, gets Winn in trouble with the law. Maggie attempts to help Winn but old loyalties get in the way. The Music Meister attacks Supergirl.
- The term star-crossed means "thwarted by a maligned star". It is used to describe lovers that have their relationship threatened by outside forces beyond their control. The episodes title refers to Kara and Mon-El being star-crossed lovers who have their positions of being from Krypton and Daxam, opposing planets, coming between them.
- Kara says "six seasons and winter isn't coming" which refers to TV show "Game of Thrones".
- Also Kara mentions musical "Funny Face" with "Fred Astaire" and "Audrey Hepburn".
- When Lyra breaks the museum's circuit, Winn refers to her as a "She-Hulk", referring to the Marvel Comics character.
- After Lyra frames Winn, Kara claims that she will "Nancy Drew the crap out of" the situation, referring to the fictional detective.
- Winn calls Lyra a femme fatale, which Alex proceeds to tell him that he has a type. This refers to Winn's last relationship with Siobhan Smythe, who later became the super villain Silver Banshee.
- The alien that Alex interrogates asks for Hamilton tickets. Alex agrees, reasoning that the actor who plays King George is an alien from Rimbor Five, owing her a favor. At the time of the episode's airing, the actor portraying the Broadway version of King George II was Taran Killam.
- When Music Meister first sees Kara, he says, "Oh, there you are. I've been looking for you," which is also the same line Darren Criss's character Blaine says on Glee when he confesses his feelings for Kurt. Coincidentally, it was also on the sixteenth episode of the second season.
- At the end of the episode, a card that says "To be continued on The Flash" is seen. This is the same card used in "Medusa", which was part of the 4-night crossover and was followed by The Flash episode "Invasion!".
|Supergirl season 2|
|"The Adventures of Supergirl" • "The Last Children of Krypton" • "Welcome to Earth" • "Survivors" • "Crossfire" • "Changing" • "The Darkest Place" • "Medusa" • "Supergirl Lives" • "We Can Be Heroes" • "The Martian Chronicles" • "Luthors" • "Mr. & Mrs. Mxyzptlk" • "Homecoming" • "Exodus" • "Star-Crossed" • "Distant Sun" • "Ace Reporter" • "Alex" • "City of Lost Children" • "Resist" • "Nevertheless, She Persisted"|