- For the episode of the same name, see Deathstroke.
|Civilian - Deathstroke|
|Occupation|| Leader of the Church of Blood (formerly)|
ASIS agent (formerly)
Member of ASIS Unit (formerly)
Captain of the Amazo (formerly)
|Family||Joe Wilson (son)|
- "To kill you now would be a mercy. You cannot die until you have suffered the same way I have suffered, until you have known complete despair, and you will, I promise."
- —Slade's vow to Oliver Queen[src]
Slade Joseph Wilson (born 1968), codenamed Deathstroke by A.R.G.U.S., is a former member of the Australian Secret Intelligence Service/ASIS Unit, the former leader of the Church of Blood and the second season's main antagonist. He is also the former friend and ex-partner of the late Billy Wintergreen, the father of Joe Wilson, and one of the former mentors/friend turned enemy of Oliver Queen, friend turned enemy of Sara Lance, and a good friend of the late Shado, who Slade was in love with despite her being Oliver's lover.
Slade began as an ally of Oliver on the island who taught him most of his combat skills whilst attempting to stop the plot of Edward Fyers with Oliver and Shado. A year later, Slade turned on Oliver with a mission of vengeance against Anthony Ivo for killing Shado but turns on Oliver upon learning that he allowed Shado to die so Sara could live. He also appears in present day, as the main antagonist, with a mission of vengeance to take away everything Oliver cares about for him getting Shado killed, working with Sebastian Blood and Isabel Rochev to do so. However, at the end of the season finale, his plan failed, he was cured of the Mirakuru, and he was imprisoned in an A.R.G.U.S. supermax back on Lian Yu.
Shipwrecked on Lian Yu
In 2006 Slade and Billy were tasked with rescuing Yao Fei, a former Chinese military commander purposely shipwrecked on the island by his government to conceal a massacre they made 8 years previously, and uncovering the plot of Edward Fyers who held Yao Fei hostage for reasons unknown to them. However their plane was shot out of the sky and the two were captured by Fyers’ men. Fyers’ made them two men an offer to join his cause but whereas Slade refused Billy accepted and Slade was held in the camp for over a year until Yao Fei finally freed Slade and both of them took refuge in the wreck of his plane. Slade and Yao Fei planned to escape the island by stealing a supply plane on an air strip but before they could do so the two were separated.
6 months later a young man named Oliver Queen, shipwrecked there, searches a crashed plane, that turned out to be the one Slade came on, Slade attacks him. Although Oliver reveals that Yao sent him there, Slade views him as a liability and knocks him unconscious. When Oliver comes to, his wrists are tied and he's sitting in a chair. Slade explains that he had to kill him but before he does, Oliver frees himself, dislocating his thumb in the process and punching Slade in the face, proving that he's worth keeping alive. Slade explains that he needs another person to help kill guards in order to escape the island via a supply plane. When Oliver is choosing a weapon, he finds Slade's mask which is identical with the one his torturer wore when he was first captured. Oliver accuses Slade for deceiving him but Slade explains that it is the mask worn by him and his ex-partner Wintergreen to protect their identities. He also reveals that they are in the service of ASIS (Australian Secret Intelligence Service), who wanted to free Yao Fei from the island. Slade begins training Oliver, who struggles and nearly gives up until Slade gives him the option to escape or die. Choosing escape, Oliver continues his training. They only have 10 days before the plane arrives that they will attempt to escape on, leaving very little time to train. They ventured towards the camp, but Oliver got himself caught on a land mine, presumed to be from World War 2. When some of Fyers’ men begin to approach Slade kills them and uses one’s body to free Oliver. That night Slade reveals that Billy betrayed him immediately after they were captured, and that he was the godfather of Slade's son. Once they reached the camp, Slade proceeds to take out the soldiers with his sniper rifle as Oliver reaches the communications tower, his only duty to kill the man in the tower. However, Oliver fails his task and Slade comes to his aid, killing the man right before he gets to shoot Oliver. Slade reveals that after they leave, he will call in airstrike and blow up the island. When Oliver asks about Yao Fei, Slade states that it's not his concern anymore. However, a determined Oliver left to find and bring Yao Fei back with him. Slade stays, warning Oliver that he has 3 hours or Slade will leave him alone. However Slade goes back for him at the camp and kills Billy before getting shot in the arm by Fyers’. Slade acknowledges that Oliver has proved that he had grown as a fighter and can survive, and the two of them begin a partnership.
Slade’s bullet wound becomes infected and Oliver is forced to head out to find herbs which can heal the wounds. Oliver succeeds but claims not to have encountered any problems. Slade trains while Oliver attempts to fix the damaged radio. Not believing that Oliver can fix it, he jokes that 'pigs will fly' before he fixes it. Ironically Oliver does fix it as the radio begins to work much to Slade's shock. Slade attempts to call for rescue but the radio is only going one way so they can't call for rescue. Later Slade tunes the radio into the soldiers frequency, overhearing Fyers talking to an unknown male. They talk about Scylla, and Oliver explains that Scylla was in the Odyssey, and was a monster. Slade leaves to meet this monster with Oliver tagging along. They find Scylla and it is a missile launcher.  Slade pretends to be captured by Oliver to get near the missile launcher before he kills all the soldiers. He and Oliver are about to destroy the launcher until Oliver takes the circuit board stopping the launcher from working. Slade is impressed seeing as they now have leverage over Fyers. He gives the radio to Oliver who contacts Fyers. Slade & Oliver make an agreement with Fyers with the circuit board traded for a way off the island.  When meeting, Fyers questions if they have the circuit board but Oliver mentions it is safe. When asked if they would be truthful, Slade mentions he wouldn't but Oliver has a thing of principles. Fyers' takes advantage of that and reveals Shado, Yao Fei's daughter and threatens to kill her. Slade threatens Fyers which leads to a fight. Slade, Oliver, Shado & Yao Fei escape but Yao Fei is shot and tells them to leave. Later after discovering the circuit board is missing, Slade is angry at Oliver for being played, until Shado mentions that Fyers couldn't risk Slade & Oliver leaving knowing what was going to happen.
Slade begins training with Shado and both are equally matched. When Shado asks how Oliver is in a fight, Slade mentions that he has tried to train Oliver with limited success. Shado then decides that she will try to train him. Later he returns to find Oliver slapping water, which he has been doing all day. It is then revealed that the water slapping was all part of a plan to get Oliver stronger allowing him to draw the bow they have, which impresses Slade. Slade & Shado are discussing in how to rescue Yao Fei, mentioning how they would need someone to watch their backs and when Shado mentions Oliver in watching their back with a bow, he mentions that Oliver is not ready. Shado takes Oliver away to train him to shoot and if he hasn't by the end of the day, they will try a new plan. After returning, Slade finds out that Oliver failed to hut a target, but before anything can be done, Yao Fei arrives having betrayed them as the soldiers surround them. Angry, Slade attempts to grab Yao Fei but is knocked down by one of the soldiers.  Slade, Oliver and Shado are taken to Fyers' camp and is shot in the leg by Fyers when he wants to make a point to Yao Fei. Slade witnesses Yao Fei's death when Fyers shoots him in the head after his usefulness reaches its end. Slade, along with Oliver and Shado, break their bonds and fight Fyers and his men. Slade survives the blast from the missile launcher and jokes how Oliver couldn't save the day without making a mess. Fyers arrives with Shado revealing that he has survived and is angry that Oliver derailed his two-year operation. Oliver uses Yao Fei's bow to kill Fyers, impressing Slade that he has ended Fyers. 
5 months later Slade continues to mentor Oliver. While sparring, Oliver gets distracted and he hits him saying, "You're not the first one to learn the hard way. Women are a distraction". A few minutes later, a proximity detector device they had salvaged from the wreckage of Fyers' camp goes off, and they go looking for the people the device had detected, but Shado is quickly captured and Oliver and Slade chase after her. Later, Slade and Oliver catch up with Shado and the people who captured her. Slade tries to stop Oliver from doing anything rash, but the leader hits Shado, and Oliver becomes enraged and attacks the leader while Slade attacks the others. Slade and Shado are shocked when Oliver is unable to control himself and kills the leader. Moments later, Slade picks up a radio that goes off, and the three are left wondering how many more men are on the island and where they came from. 
Slade talks to Shado and, knowing what he's going through, asks her to comfort Oliver. He finds a map, similar to the one provided to him by ASIS. Later, Slade sees Oliver and Shado by the river, becoming closer. He reminds Oliver that women can be a distraction, and that that can get him killed, as they leave the riverside. They go to the location in the picture, and Oliver soon after directs him and Shado to a cave. There he discovers a blade, in which he says is 60 years-old, and they also discover the remains of World War II Japanese soldiers.  Slade has Oliver tag along with him to scout for the new threat to the island, telling him that Shado can take care of herself as they leave. As they are going up to higher ground, Slade once again reminds Oliver that woman can be a distraction, while in conversation Slade almost falls off the cliff side if not for Oliver catching him in time. Slade and Oliver make it to the top of the cliff and spy the ship firing at a fixed location where they work out is where the plane is which causes Oliver to run with Slade giving chase. Slade is chasing Oliver while the area is still under fire. Slade is last seen being hit by an explosion, with his hands and the right side of his face on fire, yelling in pain. 
Slade survived the attack and is seeking refuge on the island. The explosion has left severe burns on one side of his face, however, as Shado tends to his wounds. Despite his warning to leave him for safety, Shado declares that she is here to stay, and would never leave anyone she cared for alone.  Slade is still weak and extreme pain, with a herbal ointment covering to the right side of his face. When Anthony Ivo's soldiers attack the plane, Slade and Shado hide. Although quite bruised, they later managed to rescue Oliver and Sara Lance from Ivo. Oliver says that if they find the serum, it could possibly heal Slade's wounds.  The group find the submarine and the Mirkauru on-board but can't find a sedative to give Slade first. Oliver gives Slade a choice as the injection without a sedative could kill him but Slade agrees but before Oliver gives it to him he confesses his romantic feelings for Shado. Oliver then injects the Mirakuru into him. The injection causes blood to come out of his eyes, and then he collapses into unconsciousness though the others believe him to be dead.  When Ivo catches up with the group he checks Slade's pulse and appears to be dead. But Slade awakens a few minutes after his injection with Mirakuru, calling Shado's name. He runs to the site where Ivo has killed Shado, and thanks to his Mirakuru-enhanced physical capabilities, he easily slaughters Ivo's men. He then picks up Shado's body and vows that the person responsible for her death will suffer. 
Slade, Oliver and Sara bury Shado next to Yao Fei and Robert Queen's gravesites where Slade hands Oliver Shado's hood acknowledging that Oliver was the one she cared for. Later Slade wants to get geared up to kill Ivo and his men but Sara tells him that he can't handle it by himself but this enrages Slade as Sara was working for Ivo but when Oliver tries to break them up, Slade starts chocking Oliver to death until Sara uses a tree branch to stop him before he Sara tells him that the Mirakuru is affecting his mind. Later without Sara or Oliver, Slade takes the Mirakuru serums and heads after Ivo himself. Slade uses Fyers’ missile launcher and intended to open fire on the freighter until he was confronted by Oliver and Sara who threatened to kill Oliver but he managed to make him see reason using Shado and Joe. He then sat down and questioned what was happening to him, Oliver promised him that he wasn't going to give up on his friend and soon proclaimed they were going to take the freighter from Ivo.  Slade, Oliver and Sara are observing Ivo's ship from a cliphead until they hear a plane flying overhead. The three try to get it's attention but it is shot down, the pilot dying. Slade and Oliver rush back to the plane to get medical supplies but arrive too late. They do however find a parachute in the pilot's plane. 
Slade observes Oliver’s training and is impressed. Slade agrees that they should burn the last remaining Mirakuru prior to their attack on the freighter. Before attacking the ship Slade notes the first time they attempted to escape was as strangers but now was as brothers. As they reach the freighter, Slade tells Oliver and Sara not to kill Ivo as he wants Ivo for himself. Slade learns the truth about Shado after listening in to Oliver and Ivo's conversation. An enraged Slade attacks Oliver violently but Oliver slips away from him as explosions occur on the freighter. As Oliver attempts to escape the freighter, Slade grabs Oliver by the leg and imprisons him. When the Butcher, the ship's captain orders him to enter the cell with Oliver, he refuses. He crushes the skull of the Butcher who attempts to shoot him and declares himself the new captain. Later, he would ask Ivo to show him how he killed Shado and then lacerates Ivo's hand. Slade then promises to Oliver he will make him suffer in the same way he suffered before killing him. 
Slade continues to torture Oliver on the Amazo while having his crew repair the ship, but are unable to repair the damage to the engines. Slade contacts Sara on the island and demands that Hendrick Von Arnim, an engineer who escaped in the siege, be handed over or Oliver dies, electrocuting him in the process. Slade also brands Oliver with the same tattoo Shado had to remind him of her death until his death, eventually Sara also agreed to hand Hendrick over. 
Slade returns Oliver and Ivo both to the island in exchange for Hendrick, who has been secretly rigged with explosives, but as his men take him outside Slade senses the explosives due to Mirakuru and removes and disables them. He then wants to kill Sara and Oliver but has a hallucination about Shado who tells him to leave them on the island forever. As Slade walks outside he tells Oliver that once the ship is ready, he is going after his family. 
Later Slade had his men take Sara on the island  and locked her in a cell. When Oliver sneaks aboard to free her and find the Mirakuru cure Ivo mentioned, Slade was waiting with the cure in his hands and had Oliver and Sara captured. 
Slade forces Oliver and Sara to watch as he injects unwilling prisoners with the remaining Mirakuru but Oliver and Sara pleaded with him to release them and to come to his senses, but his hallucinations of Shado instead convince him to kill them. He puts his mask on and prepares to kill both, but Anatoly fires a torpedo from the submarine, which causes the ship to split in half and Oliver uses the chance to destroy the Mirakuru in a resulting fire. But Slade engages Oliver and throws Sara into the split which apparently causes her to drown. Oliver out of anger attempts to fight back but is completely outmatched. Before he can kill Oliver however some rubble falls from the ceiling and traps Slade. Oliver has the choice to either kill Slade or cure him. However, after more taunts from Slade, Oliver chooses to kill Slade by stabbing him in the eye with his arrow. The ship sinks and Oliver is saved by A.R.G.U.S. from the remains of the ship. 
After Lian Yu
While it was presumed that he was dead Slade in fact survived Oliver's attack. He swam to the nearest coast line but was cut down to the bones by the rocks and debris in the ocean. The Mirakuru regenerated everything but his eye. After the island Slade attempted to forget everything that happened but it would still haunt him. Slade would eventually become a mercenary that A.R.G.U.S. would codename “Deathstroke” 
When Oliver was rescued by Chinese fishermen near the island Slade’s Deathstroke mask could be seen on the shoreline. 
Plotting Oliver's downfall
When Oliver became the Starling City vigilante called Arrow/Hood and exiled himself back to the island after failing to stop Malcolm Merlyn’s undertaking , Slade planned a mission of vengeance to take away everything Oliver cared about and destroy Starling City with an army of Mirakuru enhanced soldiers, to cause enough damage to force Amanda Waller to airstrike Starling City and leave nothing left. He also became associated with Isabel Rochev who he planted in Queen Consolidated to take over in order to draw Oliver back. He also trained Isabel how to fight which she claims almost killed her. He also funded the mayoral campaign of alderman Sebastian Blood and promised him control of the city using an army of Mirakuru enhanced soldiers which would be used to reduce the city to a state of desperation and in that desperation the people would turn to Blood for guidance. To accomplish this Slade had Sebastian use his influence to put together a cult to find people to test a new strain of the serum on and would manipulate them using a skull mask masquerading as “Brother Blood”. Slade also had Isabel take control of Oliver's company so that he would lose everything from his funds, house, his Arrowcave and even his former club.
Oliver begins suffering from psychological hallucinations Slade being one of three deceased friends he sees. Oliver first sees "Slade" when talking to Quentin Lance about Cyrus Gold on a rooftop. Later when Oliver is practicing archery in the cave "Slade" reappears catching his arrow, but Oliver states that he is dead and can't be there before "Slade" criticizes Oliver's mission claiming it's not for his father's sins but rather his own. "Slade" then attacks Oliver throwing him around the cave telling him it's time to join him in death before disappearing. Contrary to what Oliver believes though, Slade Wilson remains alive in the modern day and is the true leader of the Church of Blood, allowing Sebastian Blood to use the Mirakuru from his blood to make more. Afterwards Sebastian asks him if he knows who The Arrow is. Slade confirms and informs him that he is his friend, and he will not stop until he has taken everything and everyone the Arrow values. Then he will drive an arrow through his eye.
Slade arrived in Sebastian's campaign office reading the police report of his father's murder which he obtained days earlier as Oliver and Laurel were onto Blood, criticizing Sebastian for almost allowing Arrow and Laurel Lance to obtain the file, and ordered Sebastian to take care of Laurel, reminding him not to let him do it himself. After Laurel and Oliver kill Daily impersonating Brother Blood, Sebastian and a set of body guards arrived in Slade's office informing him, Slade however attacked, killing the three body guards in full Deathstroke armor. Deathstroke then warned Sebastian that if he failed him again, he would kill him. Slade watched Moira Queen's announcement to run for mayor and is soon joined by Sebastian. Slade reprimands him for not taking Moira seriously and tells Sebastian that rather than letting him handle her, Slade will handle it himself. 
Slade visited Moira himself who when Oliver returns home introduces Slade to him, unaware of Oliver and Slade's history together, which leaves Oliver in a state of shock. Slade continued to socialize with Moira and Oliver but secretly taunting Oliver about their past and is offered a tour of the Queen Mansion by Moira Queen. During the tour, Oliver calls Felicity to inform Sara that Slade is alive, where Sara recognizes Slade by his voice. Sara warns the team and plans on killing Slade and for good this time. They would however fail as Slade was fully aware of any plan, having Isabel, as Ravager, take care of Diggle trying to snipe him. It was later revealed he planted bugs all over the Queen mansion during the tour while in guise of seeing the American Landscape arts.
Slade tails, in his Deathstroke uniform, Oliver as he searches for him, taunting him by leaving the same tattered mask that he left on the island to mark his death. He later kills Alexi Leonov who had dug up information on him, leaving him to be found by Oliver when he sneaks into his office. Realizing that Slade is too good for him to find on his own Oliver infiltrates A.R.G.U.S. There he informs Amanda Waller that Slade is alive. Amanda realizes Slade is the same, previously unidentified mercenary A.R.G.U.S had tracked operating in several countries, nicknamed "Deathstroke". 
Whilst driving Slade stops his car by the street and offers Thea a ride home. Slade drives Thea to the middle of nowhere and loudly tells her to get out but when she does, Brother Blood kidnaps her. Slade then sends a tape to the D.A's office for Moira and Blood's debate event. Deathstroke has Thea crying in a room by herself and taunts Moira telling her "what would you do to have your daughter back?". Oliver, Sara and Roy then find Slade's hiding place and head out. Roy punches Slade right in the face but seems to have minimal effect before Oliver shoots him with an arrow poisoned with snake venom and has Officer Quentin arrest him. However due to lack of evidence Slade is released. Before he is Oliver tries to get Slade to tell him where Thea is but he refuses and Lieutenant Frank Pike releases him. Oliver, Sara, Roy and John Diggle try to follow his car but he gets away. Slade returns to Thea's holding place and tells her that she is free to go, but Slade tells her that Oliver has a secret and she stays to hear it. Later it is revealed the Isabel Rochev is actually working with Slade and was planted there to get him back in Starling and due to Oliver assigning her temporary CEO, she has taken total control of the company. Later Deathstroke stops a prisoner bus transfer, kills the guards and tells the prisoners that he has a proposal for them all and has the bus hijacked. Thea is eventually escapes and arrives at the SCPD where she reveals that Slade told her that Malcolm Merlyn is her father. Slade is then publicly exposed for being Thea's kidnapper. Slade later meets with Sebastian and Isabel in Oliver's office where Sebastian is frustrated that Moira is getting the voters support but Slade angrily tells him that he is holding up his end. When Isabel reveals that Queen Consolidated's applied sciences is ready to replicate Mirakuru Slade decides it's time to expose one more secret of Oliver's, again seeing a hallucination of Shado. He later turns up at Laurel's apartment and tells her that Oliver is the Arrow.
Team Arrow destroys Queen Consolidated's applied sciences to prevent Slade from mass producing the serum. Enraged by this and needing a new replacement for the applied sciences Deathstroke visits the Arrowcave and waits for the team. When they get back he fires at them repeatedly. Sara then charges him but Deathstroke strangles and tosses her into a table, tosses Diggle into the glass suit container and engages Oliver in hand to hand combat but easily over powers him before he leaves with the Skeleton Key. Deathstroke uses the Skeleton Key to infiltrate a S.T.A.R. Labs facility to steal a bio-transfusor to take Mirakuru from once injected subject to multiple others at once. Deathstroke found what he was looking for but Caitlin Snow and Cisco Ramon sees him and he chases them but Cisco was able to use a special gun to distract him and made their getaway, though Deathstroke still escaped . Later Slade had Roy Harper abducted and used his blood for the machine and Oliver, as Arrow, found where and attacked it. However Slade was waiting with Isabel and the two fought him but Slade is temporarily knocked out by Oliver, Isabel was shot by Diggle and Roy was taken back. However the machine had served it's purpose and Slade now had his army, and used his own personal blood to inject Isabel and restored her to life. 
Slade used a truck to crash the Queens limo. Whilst they were unconscious he tied Oliver up and held Moira and Thea at gun point in a scenario identical to Ivo holding Sara and Shado at gun point and also told Oliver to choose. Slade also exposed to Moira and Thea that he was on the island with Oliver and Oliver's relationship with Shado, but before he could force Oliver to choose Moira stood up and begged Slade to kill her instead. Slade aimed the gun but lowered it before impaling her with his sword and killed her. As Slade walked off, he told Oliver that he will kill one more person, before he kills Oliver.  Slade's murder of Moira send Oliver into a state of depression and was even considering turning himself into Slade. However Moira's murder was also so Sebastian could become mayor of Starling which succeeded. Once Sebastian did become mayor Slade called him, impersonating his father to remind him that he still works for him before hanging up. 
As his army destroyed Starling Slade sat back and watched from Isabel's CEO room at Queen Consolidated. Later Slade, having tapped Oliver and all his allies' phones, learned of the Mirakuru cure from Central City and send his bodyguard to retrieve it. As Slade continued to watch the destruction Sebastian barged into his office and demanded an explanation to why the entire D.A.'s office had been slaughtered and Slade gave none before angrily reminding Blood once again that he held up his end and that Oliver Queen must be made to suffer which will happen when Starling is nothing more than a grave-site. Slade later sent Isabel to kill Sebastian when he stole the Mirakuru cure and listened on the phone telling him goodbye. 
Arrow and Canary, knowing the cure works and arming themselves with injection arrows, stormed the office where Deathstroke, Ravager and a number of henchmen were waiting for them. Though Deathstroke was confident they could defeat the two. Suddenly the League of Assassins lead by Nyssa al Ghul stormed the office, defeated the soldiers and killed Isabel but Deathstroke escapes. Slade made his final move, vowing to kill the woman he loves, forcing him to chose between Felicity and Laurel, the way Oliver chose Sara over Shado. Oliver arrives and tries to talk Slade out of killing one of them. Slade disagrees with everything Oliver says but Felicity, suddenly then injects a hidden syringe (with the Mirakuru cure) into Slade's neck, taking his powers away. He then duels Oliver. Finally, Oliver restrains Slade against a pillar, with Slade telling Oliver to kill him and Oliver refusing. Some time later, Slade was incarcerated in a A.R.G.U.S. supermax on Lian Yu. Oliver visits him and tells Slade that he made him a hero by forcing him to become a killer on the Amazo. He thanks him and leaves, with Slade vowing to get out.
In the flashbacks, unlike the DC comics character counterpart he was based on, Slade appears less cold and distant, but retains his appearance of an anti-hero. Slade is a man of good morals, who puts up a tough act, but underneath is a caring individual, as shown by his rescue of Oliver from Edward Fyers and Billy Wintergreen, even after stating that he'd leave the island if Oliver didn't return in time. Slade does not take well to traitors, which he shows by killing Billy Wintergreen, his friend and partner for many years until he betrayed him for his own life. Slade is very open about his options of people frequently calling Oliver an idiot and doesn't hide that he likes Shado which she often smiles at. Slade only trusts and cares for people who have proven themselves trustworthy to him, as he trusts Oliver and Shado but was less trusting of Sara Lance as they had barely known each other.
Slade's personality takes a turn for the worse after his injection with Mirakuru, which combined with his grief over the loss of Shado makes him impulsive, reckless, aggressive, violent, and bent on revenge against Ivo. Once he discovers Oliver's shared role in Shado's death he becomes completely hell bent on revenge against him which would stay for years after, tarnishing the brotherly bond they once had and making them bitter enemies.
In the present day Slade's anger and hatred has increased more to the point of full vendetta against Oliver upon learning of his survival on the island. Slade is intelligent, calculating, and patient; as he waited 5 years to get/plan his revenge against Oliver. He is also overconfident and boastful of his Mirakuru powers and abilities and has no fear of Oliver because of them. These traits are well deserved as bullets do no harm to him and even getting cut to the bone doesn't affect him as it all heals back, though explosives and poisons can still harm him but only for a brief time, He is rarely caught off guard. Slade also has little tolerance for disobedience and disloyalty, as multiple times he threatened to kill Sebastian Blood for his failures, eventually having him killed for betraying him, He displays little emotion when killing innocent people. He also has developed a complete disregard for human life as watched amused as his army tore Starling City apart, his only regret being that Shado couldn't be there. He also holds little regard for his own allies as he cared little for his own men being cured, however Slade seems to be close to Isabel as he seemed desperate to have her revived by Mirakuru. However Slade was still willing to abandon her to Oliver during the attack and it's unknown if he is aware of Isabel's death at Nyssa's hands or how he feels about it. Slade also suffers from hallucinations of Shado which have lasted from the past to present. Even when cured from Mirakuru the physiological effects have still remained as he still vows to kill Oliver even when confined and defeated.
Powers and Abilities
- Peak of human physical condition: Slade has shown to be in top physical condition for a man of his age. His reflexes allowed him to catch an arrow shot at him by Oliver (a feat only the highly skilled Billy Wintergreen, Malcolm Merlyn, Al-Owal, and the formidable Helena Bertinelli and Roy Harper have demonstrated).
- Master marksman: Slade is shown to be an excellent marksman as he took out many soldiers with his sniper rifle in the episode "The Odyssey", and was able to take out several soldiers with only two handguns in "The Huntress Returns".
- Master hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Slade is shown to be an expert hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist, and mentors Oliver in his ways. He sparred with Shado in "Unfinished Business", in one of Oliver's flashbacks, and was able to stalemate her in combat, although it can be implied that Slade held back a little. He was also able to beat his partner in combat, even though Billy Wintergreen was able to beat Yao Fei in a fight, however, it should be noted that Billy caught Yao Fei off guard, and he was forced to surrender when more of Edward Fyers' soldiers arrived. His main fighting style is Eskrima with Muay Thai and other unidentified fighting forms in the mix. His combat skills are at the very least on par with Oliver's though, considering Slade was one of Oliver's mentors on the island. In the present day, after he was cured from his Mirakuru powers and abilities, Slade was not able to defeat Oliver, despite the fact that he is more skilled and experienced in combat than Oliver, either this was due to the fact after he was cured from his Mirakuru powers and abilities, that he was physically weakened, or he has relied on the Mirakuru for so long, his skills has diminish, either way, he was defeated by Oliver.
- Master swordsman: Slade has shown himself to be a master swordsman, cutting down multiple armed mercenaries in mere seconds. He has explicitly stated his weapon of choice are swords. He killed his former partner in a sword-fight, who was also a master swordsman. In the present day, do to his Mirakuru powers and abilities, Slade's swordsman skills have increased to the point when he was able to kill three of Sebastian's bodyguards in a matter of seconds. Beside his prowess at close range he was also shown to be able to kill a guard by drawing his sword and throw it in one single motion. He also killed another guard with a throwing knife.
- Expert leader/Tactician: Slade is a great tactician, he is able to create plans to combat infiltration and extremely efficient, even great disadvantage, or with few resources. He with the help of Oliver quickly formulated a plan capable of mastering a track lands crowded with troops, and later managed to destroy much of Edward Fyers' compound alone, using only improvised explosives and distraction. Later Slade was seen doing various mathematical calculations, to program a missile launcher directly to the ship Ivo. He proved an expert in fighting techniques, developing specific plans to attack his targets, using the environment to his advantage and distractions. After the island getaway, Slade went on to a personal vendetta against Oliver, he devised an extremely complex plan that could keep his enemies, like The Arrow overwhelmed, as well as infiltrate within the government of Starling City, taking the company from Oliver, and by the end create an army of Super Humans can generate chaos and destruction throughout the city. Slade is also a capable leader, he was able to form an organization known as Church of Blood, and led it in secret.
- High tolerance for pain: Slade has a high tolerance for pain. In "The Odyssey", Oliver had to pull the bullet out of Slade's arm without any form of anesthetic, albeit he had to tie him up (on Slade's suggestion) because he might kill Oliver otherwise. He was also able to take down several of Edward Fyers' henchmen with an injured leg in "Sacrifice".
- Stealth: In "The Man Under the Hood", Slade was able to enter Verdant, and then enter the Arrowcave, without being seen, notice, or making any alarms go off,
Former Powers and Abilities
- Peak of superhuman physical condition: To save his life, Slade received the Mirakuru serum. The injection initially made him faint, with extreme pain and bloody tears. after his awakening, his whole body boosted to limits that far exceed those of a normal human. Among their physical capacity were increased stamina, strength, durability and reflexes, in addition to an accelerated healing factor. He was cured by Felicity in the season 2 finale.
- Enhanced strength: Thanks to the Mirakuru serum, Slade's muscular system allows for incredible strength. He was capable of effortlessly launching Ivo's men several meters away, breaking an assault rifle with his bare hands, and piercing the chest of a man with only his fist with extreme ease.
- Enhanced durability: The Mirakuru serum, increased the density of the muscle and bone structure of Slade, causing them to become more durable than a normal human's. When Sara hit Slade with a large tree branch, it hardly had any effect. In addition, in "Deathstroke", when Slade was punched by Roy, also injected with the mirakuru, he was barely fazed.
- Enhanced stamina: Thanks to the Mirakuru serum, reduces the effects of fatigue allowing Slade to exert himself at peak capacity greater then any human Could.
- Enhanced speed: Slade can run at speeds out-performing any Olympic athlete. In "Three Ghosts", he was able to run the path of the submarine, to the location of Oliver and Shado in minutes while they took at least a few hours. In "Blind Spot", Slade also managed to kill three of Sebastian Blood's men behind him, dive in front of Blood and disappear again in a matter of seconds. In "Suicide Squad", when Oliver was out on patrol looking for Slade, Slade was already behind him on one of the rooftops, when Oliver turned around, he was already gone, possibly, Slade is so fast he will disappear in a second when someone looks away or is not looking at him.
- Enhanced agility: Thanks to the Mirakuru serum, Slade is more agile than any normal human could be.
- Enhanced senses: Slade was able to smell the TNT of a Japanese landmine strapped to Hendrick Von Arnim. It can also be assumed that he can see and hear, far better then any normal human could.
- Rapid cell regeneration: The Mirakuru serum injection has greatly enhanced Slade's ability to heal. By the time he awoke after the injection, the injuries on the right side of his face and the after effects of his injuries earlier were completely healed. There appear to be limits to this ability, however, as Slade's missing eye did not regenerate. In "The Promise", he is shown to be shot through the chest, and it does not affect his abilities. According to his words in "Deathstroke", Slade was carried under the water after somehow being defeated by Oliver and was badly torn apart by the rocks, but his body, excluding his eye, was eventually healed. In "Unthinkable", It was revealed that Slade, was not defeated by Oliver; the reason why he ended up under the water, was because become immobilized by falling debris, from the Amazo what was sinking.
- Customized Swords: On the island, Slade wields customized swords that he carries on his back.
- Sword: In the present day, Slade wields a sword, similar in appearance to a katana. In "Blind Spot", he used it to kill three of Sebastian's bodyguards in a matter of seconds.
- Sidearm: In both the present day and several times on the island, Slade carries a handgun.
- AK-47: On the island, Slade uses a stolen assault rifle to kill several soldiers.
- Sniper Rifle: On the island, when Slade stormed the runway with the help of Oliver, he used a sniper rifle to kill most of the soldiers.
- Combat Knife: In both the present day and on the island, Slade carries a combat knife in his boot.
- ASIS Uniform: During his time at ASIS and on the island, used a customized military uniform. It had the predominant color black, was composed by a bulletproof vest, along with the protective shoulders and forearms. The uniform also had a holster for pistol, a support for grenades, and two sheaths for swords back.
- Deathstroke Costume: In the present day, Slade wears a costume as his villain alter-ego Deathstroke, to hide his identity from his victims. It is a personal suit of body armor custom tailored to his needs. It is predominantly black, however adds blue protective plates, composite fiberglass, these overlap feet, shin, forearm, chest and shoulders. The costume also has orange details in all joints. The various equipment Pockets with wrapped legs, and arms, the costume also has a support for grenades and ammunition, along with a sheath for the sword back.
- Deathstroke Mask: Slade possesses a black and orange mask. The version kept on the island is a solid mask with a black/orange fabric balaklava. The version in the present day appears to be a metal helmet, with the black side acting as an eyepatch. With the back of a strip of bandana. Slade wears this mask as his villain alter-ego Deathstroke, to hide his identity from his victims.
Arrow: Season 2.5
- "Return" (montage)
- In "The Odyssey", Slade mentions that Billy Wintergreen was the godfather of his son. Slade has had three children in the comic books, two boys and a girl. His oldest son, Grant, was known as Ravager, and his other son, Joseph, was the Teen Titan Jericho. His daughter, Rose, became the new Ravager after Grant's death.
- Unlike most other incarnations outside of the comics, this version of Slade appears more heroic. However, this changes as of "Three Ghosts".
- In the DC comics, his full name is Slade Joseph Wilson.
- Slade Wilson was Oliver Queen's second mentor, after Yao Fei, and arguably his most effective as he taught Oliver most of his melee combat and athletic skills.
- In "State v. Queen" the scar tissue and medicine on his face, made his face look like the Deathstroke mask he and Billy Wintergreen used to wear.
- In "Three Ghosts", we see that Slade has an eye patch over his right eye, and says that he wants to drive an arrow through Oliver's eye, indicating that it was Oliver who caused Slade to lose his right eye. This is confirmed as Oliver tells Roy Harper in "Tremors" that he had put an arrow through Slade's eye. This may be a reference to an event in the DC comics where, during a battle, Green Arrow stabs Deathstroke in his right eye socket with an arrow.
- Slade Wilson is the fourteenth person aware of Oliver Queen's secret identity; The Arrow. He discovered this, because of the green hood, Oliver wears that once belonged to his late mentor Yao Fei, and his late daughter Shado.
- It is unknown if Slade saw his son Joe again, after he got off the island of Lian Yu.
- Slade is the first antagonist to be credited as a main character.
- Slade Wilson is usually an adversary of Batman or the Teen Titans, lead by Batman's sidekick Robin, and is usually an American soldier.
- In the time on the Island he and Oliver were shown training stickfighting. In te present day Oliver is regulary training with sticks.
- Despite wearing two swords on the Island he was never seen wielding two swords at once during combat.
- In "Blind Spot", Slade officially dons his iconic Deathstroke costume.
- The bi-colored "Deathstroke mask" on the island closely mirrors the one worn by Deathstroke in the DC comic books. The metal helmet seen in present day resembles Deathstroke's portrayal in Batman: Arkham Origins as well as various cartoons.
- In the Flashpoint Universe, Slade Wilson was also a ship captain.
- Slade has knowledge of Thea Queen's true parentage to Malcolm Merlyn, he presumably learned this through Isabel Rochev, since she knew about it through being Robert Queen's mistress.
- Slade became the second main antagonist to kill a main character when he killed Moira. The first was Malcolm Merlyn killing his son Tommy, albeit that was indirect which would make Slade the first main antagonist to intentionally kill a main character.
- It has been speculated that since the cure to Mirakuru was synthesized from the replicated version Brother Blood made, which would be slightly weaker though still deadly, Slade may have not completely lost any of his powers and abilities, as he was injected with the original strain.
- Slade is one of the deadliest men alive, next to Oliver, Malcolm Merlyn, and Ra's al Ghul, even after losing his powers
- ↑ Arrow - Arrow Character Bios - Facebook
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Betrayal"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "The Odyssey"
- ↑ "Dodger"
- ↑ "Dead to Rights"
- ↑ "The Huntress Returns"
- ↑ "Salvation"
- ↑ "Unfinished Business"
- ↑ "Home Invasion"
- ↑ "Darkness on the Edge of Town"
- ↑ "Sacrifice"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 "City of Heroes"
- ↑ "Identity"
- ↑ "Broken Dolls"
- ↑ "Keep Your Enemies Closer"
- ↑ "State v. Queen"
- ↑ "The Scientist"
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 "Three Ghosts"
- ↑ "Blast Radius"
- ↑ "Tremors"
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 "Time of Death"
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 "The Promise"
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 "Birds of Prey"
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 24.3 "Deathstroke"
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 25.3 "City of Blood"
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 "Streets of Fire"
- ↑ "Unthinkable"
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 "Suicide Squad"
- ↑ "Pilot"
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ "Crucible"
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 "The Man Under the Hood"
- ↑ "Blind Spot"
- ↑ "Heir to the Demon"
- ↑ "Seeing Red"