|Occupation||Leader of Blood Cult|
ASIS agent (formerly)
Captain of the Amazo (formerly)
Member of ASIS Unit (formerly)
|Family||Joe Wilson (son)|
- "To kill you now would be a mercy. You cannot die until you have suffered the same way I have suffered, until you have known complete despair, and you will, I promise."
- —Slade's vow to Oliver Queen[src]
Slade Wilson (born 1968) is a former member of the Australian Secret Intelligence Service/Team 7, and the leader of Blood Cult. He is also the former friend and ex-partner of the late Billy Wintergreen, the father of Joe Wilson, and one of the former mentors and a good friend of Oliver Queen, a good friend of Sara Lance, and the lover of the late Shado. He was sent to Lian Yu to recover Yao Fei, along with his then friend and partner, Bill. Both of them wore the same bi-colored masks as a part of Team 7. Sometime after he and Oliver rescued Shado from Edward Fyers, Slade developed romantic feelings for Shado, and he confessed his romantic feelings to Shado before her death. Eventually, it was revealed that he is alive, and intends to destroy Oliver and everyone he cares about. He is one of the main antagonists of Season 2. It is revealed that Deathstroke is the codename for him by A.R.G.U.S..
Some time before 2007, Slade Wilson and his partner, Billy Wintergreen, arrived on Lian Yu by plane to rescue Yao Fei, as well as to uncover what Edward Fyers was planning. However, their plane was shot down and they were captured by Fyers. Slade was tortured by Fyers for almost a year, but Slade didn't give him any information. Slade was put in a cell with Yao Fei. Yao asks who he is, but Slade refuses to tell him. However, Yao figures out that Slade is from ASIS (Australian Secret Intelligence Service) because of his accent and In order to escape, Yao temporarily cuts off Slade's blood flow slowing down his heart rate to make him appear dead. Yao lures a guard into the cell telling him that Slade is dead but when the guard goes to examine Slade, Yao takes him out. Yao takes the keys off the guard, and uncuffs himself and Slade. Slade and Yao flee the cell and attempt to find Billy, who to Slade's shock and dismay has joined Fyers. Slade and Billy fight, with Slade ultimately knocking Billy unconscious and fleeing the camp with Yao. Not much is known about what occurs afterwards, other than that Yao Fei and Slade had plans on escaping the island together on a supply plane that comes on the island every few months.
In "Betrayal", when Oliver searches a crashed plane, that turned out to be the one Slade came on, Slade attacks him. Although Oliver reveals that Yao sent him there, Slade views him as a liability and knocks him unconscious. When Oliver comes to, his wrists are tied and he's sitting in a chair. Slade explains that he had to kill him but before he does, Oliver frees himself, dislocating his thumb in the process and punching Slade in the face, proving that he's worth keeping alive. Slade explains that he needs another person to help kill guards in order to escape the island via a supply plane. When Oliver is choosing a weapon, he finds Slade's mask which is identical with the one his torturer wore when he was first captured. Oliver accuses Slade for deceiving him but Slade explains that it is the mask worn by him and his ex-partner Wintergreen to protect their identities. He also reveals that they are in the service of ASIS (Australian Secret Intelligence Service), who wanted to free Yao Fei from the island.
In "The Odyssey", Slade begins training Oliver, who struggles and nearly gives up until Slade gives him the option to escape or die. Choosing escape, Oliver continues his training. They only have 10 days before the plane arrives that they will attempt to escape on, leaving very little time to train. They ventured towards the camp, but Oliver got himself caught on a land mine, presumed to be from World War 2. When some of Edward's men begin to approach, Slade seemingly abandons Oliver, only to return, swiftly killing all of the men and rolling one of the bodies over the mine, freeing Oliver.
That night Slade reveals that Billy betrayed him immediately after they were captured, and that he was the godfather of Slade's son. Once they reached the camp, Slade proceeds to take out the soldiers with his sniper rifle as Oliver reaches the communications tower, his only duty to kill the man in the tower. However, Oliver hesitates and after a brief fight, is left with a gun pointed at his head. Slade comes to his aid, killing the man right before he gets to shoot Oliver. Disgusted that he couldn't complete one task, Slade instructs him to stay in that one spot until he comes back. He promptly returns, disconnecting the phone after Oliver calls Laurel Lance, furious that he risked them being caught. Slade reveals that after they leave, he will call in airstrike and blow up the island. When Oliver asks about Yao, Slade states that it's not his concern anymore. However, a determined Oliver left to find and bring Yao back with him. Slade stays, warning Oliver that he has 3 hours or Slade will leave him alone.Oliver gets captured and right before he is executed by Slade's ex-partner, Bill, Slade himself causes a distraction in the form of multiple explosions. As Oliver runs to safety, Slade snipes a large number of soldiers. Once it was clear, Slade came out to face Bill. The two fought, ending with Slade stabbing him in the eye, killing him. Believing they were safe, Oliver and Slade began to walk away, only for Slade to be shot in the arm by Fyers. Oliver brings Slade back, at one point overpowering a soldier and disarming him as Slade taught, to the plane and removes the bullet from Slade's arm. Slade acknowledges that Oliver has proved that he had grown as a fighter and can survive, and the two of them begin a partnership.
In "Dodger", Oliver brings water to Slade whose bullet wound is getting infected. Oliver recalls Yao Fei having special herbs in the cave, that are capable of healing Slade's wound, and goes back to the cave to get them. Oliver returns with the herbs which help Slade's wound. Slade says to Oliver "I owe you one". He then asks Oliver if he got into any trouble to which Oliver says "No, not a bit".
In "Dead to Rights", he is training while Oliver attempts to fix the damaged radio. Not believing that Oliver can fix it, he jokes that 'pigs will fly' before he fixes it. Ironically Oliver does fix it as the radio begins to work much to Slade's shock. Slade attempts to call for rescue but the radio is only going one way so they can't call for rescue. Later Slade tunes the radio into the soldiers frequency, overhearing Fyers talking to an unknown male. They talk about Scylla, and Oliver explains that Scylla was in the Odyssey, and was a monster. Slade leaves to meet this monster with Oliver tagging along. They find Scylla and it is a missile launcher.
In "The Huntress Returns", Slade pretends to be captured by Oliver to get near the missile launcher before he kills all the soldiers. He and Oliver are about to destroy the launcher until Oliver takes the circuit board stopping the launcher from working. Slade is impressed seeing as they now have leverage over Fyers. He gives the radio to Oliver to talk to Fyers saying "Your plan, your call."
In "Salvation", following after the last episode, Slade & Oliver make an agreement with Fyers with the circuit board traded for a way off the island. When meeting, Fyers questions if they have the circuit board but Oliver mentions it is safe. When asked if they would be truthful, Slade mentions he wouldn't but Oliver has a thing of principles. Fyers' takes advantage of that and reveals Shado, Yao Fei's daughter and threatens to kill her. Slade threatens Fyers which leads to a fight. Slade, Oliver, Shado & Yao Fei escape but Yao Fei is shot and tells them to leave. Later after discovering the circuit board is missing, Slade is angry at Oliver for being played, until Shado mentions that Fyers couldn't risk Slade & Oliver leaving knowing what was going to happen.
In "Unfinished Business", he is having a fight with Shado and both are equally matched. When Shado asks how Oliver is in a fight, Slade mentions that he has tried to train Oliver with limited success. Shado then decides that she will try to train him. Later he returns to find Oliver slapping water, which he has been doing all day. It is then revealed that the water slapping was all part of a plan to get Oliver stronger allowing him to draw the bow they have, which impresses Slade.
In "Home Invasion", Slade & Shado are discussing in how to rescue Yao Fei, mentioning how they would need someone to watch their backs and when Shado mentions Oliver in watching their back with a bow, he mentions that Oliver is not ready. Shado takes Oliver away to train him to shoot and if he hasn't by the end of the day, they will try a new plan. After returning, Slade finds out that Oliver failed to hut a target, but before anything can be done, Yao Fei arrives having betrayed them as the soldiers surround them. Angry, Slade attempts to grab Yao Fei but is knocked down by one of the soldiers.
In "Darkness on the Edge of Town", Slade, Oliver and Shado are taken to Fyers' camp and is shot in the leg by Fyers when he wants to make a point to Yao Fei. Slade witnesses Yao Fei's death when Fyers shoots him in the head after his usefulness reaches its end.
In "Sacrifice", Slade, along with Oliver and Shado, break their bonds and fight Fyers and his men. Slade survives the blast from the missile launcher and jokes how Oliver couldn't save the day without making a mess. Fyers arrives with Shado revealing that he has survived and is angry that Oliver derailed his two-year operation. Oliver uses Yao Fei's bow to kill Fyers, impressing Slade that he has ended Fyers.
In "City of Heroes", Slade continues to mentor Oliver. While sparring, Oliver gets distracted and he hits him saying, "You're not the first one to learn the hard way. Women are a distraction". A few minutes later, a proximity detector device they had salvaged from the wreckage of Fyers' camp goes off, and they go looking for the people the device had detected, but Shado is quickly captured and Oliver and Slade chase after her. Later, Slade and Oliver catch up with Shado and the people who captured her. Slade tries to stop Oliver from doing anything rash, but the leader hits Shado, and Oliver becomes enraged and attacks the leader while Slade attacks the others. Slade and Shado are shocked when Oliver is unable to control himself and kills the leader. Moments later, Slade picks up a radio that goes off, and the three are left wondering how many more men are on the island and where they came from.
In "Identity", Slade talks to Shado and, knowing what he's going through, asks her to comfort Oliver. He finds a map, similar to the one provided to him by ASIS. Later, Slade sees Oliver and Shado by the river, becoming closer. He reminds Oliver that women can be a distraction, and that that can get him killed, as they leave the riverside. They go to the location in the picture, and Oliver soon after directs him and Shado to a cave. There he discovers a blade, in which he says is 60 years-old, and they also discover the remains of World War II Japanese soldiers.
In "Broken Dolls", Slade has Oliver tag along with him to scout for the new threat to the island, telling him that Shado can take care of herself as they leave. As they are going up to higher ground, Slade once again reminds Oliver that woman can be a distraction, while in conversation Slade almost falls off the cliff side if not for Oliver catching him in time. Slade and Oliver make it to the top of the cliff and spy the ship firing at a fixed location where they work out is where the plane is which causes Oliver to run with Slade giving chase. Slade is chasing Oliver while the area is still under fire. Slade is last seen being hit by an explosion, with his hands and the right side of his face on fire, yelling in pain.
In "Keep Your Enemies Closer", it is revealed in a flashback that Slade survived the attack and is seeking refuge on the island. The explosion has left severe burns on one side of his face, however, as Shado tends to his wounds. Despite his warning to leave him for safety, Shado declares that she is here to stay, and would never leave anyone she cared for alone.
In "State v. Queen", Slade is still weak and extreme pain, with a herbal ointment covering to the right side of his face. When Anthony Ivo's soldiers attack the plane, Slade and Shado hide. Although quite bruised, they later managed to rescue Oliver and Sara Lance from Ivo. Oliver says that if they find the serum, it could possibly heal Slade's wounds. In "The Scientist" the group find the submarine and the Mirkauru onboard but can't find a sedative to give Slade first. Oliver gives Slade a choice as the injection without a sedative could kill him but Slade agrees but before Oliver gives it to him he confesses his romantic feelings for Shado. Oliver then injects the Mirakuru into him. The injection causes blood to come out of his eyes, then he collapses into unconsciousness though the others believe him to be dead.
In "Three Ghosts" During the flashbacks, when Ivo catches up with the group he checks Slade's pulse and appears to be dead. But Slade awakens a few minutes after his injection with Mirakuru, calling Shado's name. He runs to the site where Ivo has killed Shado, and thanks to his Mirakuru-enhanced physical capabilities, he easily slaughters Ivo's men. He then picks up Shado's body and vows that the person responsible for her death will suffer. In the present day, Oliver is suffering from psychological hallucinations Slade being one of three deceased friends he sees. Oliver first sees "Slade" when talking to Quentin Lance about Cyrus Gold on a rooftop. Later when Oliver is practicing archery in the cave "Slade" reappears catching his arrow, but Oliver states that he is dead and can't be there before "Slade" criticises Oliver's mission claiming it's not for his father's sins but rather his own. "Slade" then attacks Oliver throwing him around the cave telling him it's time to join him in death before disappearing. Contrary to what Oliver believes though, Slade Wilson remains alive in the modern day and is the true leader of the Blood Cult, allowing Sebastian Blood to use the Mirakuru from his blood to make more. Afterwards Sebastian asks him if he knows who The Arrow is. Slade responded that he is his friend, and he will not stop until he has taken from Oliver everything and everyone he values. Then he will drive an arrow through his eye.
In "Blast Radius" Slade, Oliver and Sara bury Shado next to Yao Fei and Robert Queen's gravesites where Slade hands Oliver Shado's hood acknowledging that Ollie was the one she cared for. Later Slade wants to get geared up to kill Ivo and his men but Sara tells him that he can't handle it by himself but this enrages Slade as Sara was working for Ivo but when Oliver tries to break them up, Slade starts chocking Oliver to death until Sara uses a tree branch to stop him before he Sara tells him that the Mirakuru is affecting his mind. Later without Sara or Oliver, Slade takes the Mirakuru serums and heads after Ivo himself.
In "Blind Spot Slade arrived in Sebastian's campaign office reading the police report of his father's murder, pondering if Sebastian was slipping in his adult life after he was able to convince the cops as a child he didn't kill his father, he ordered Sebastian to take care of Laurel Lance calling her a problem and reminding him not to let him do it himself. After Laurel and Oliver kill Daily, Sebastian and a set of body guards arrived in Slade's office informing him Laurel was taken care of, Slade spoke to them in an echo then attacked, killing the three body guards and warning Sebastian in full Deathstroke armor that if he failed him again, he would kill him.
In "Tremors", on the island Slade had made a series of calculations from on caves and used Fyers, missile launcher and intended to open fire on the freighter until he was confronted by Oliver and Sara who threatened to kill Oliver but Oliver reminded him that Shado loved him, just not how he wanted her to and that Shado would have died in vain if Slade wasn't able to go home and get back to his son Joe. He then sat down and questioned what was happening to him, Oliver took the gun away from Slade and promised him that he wasn't going to give up on his friend and soon proclaimed they were going to take the freighter from Ivo.
In "Heir to the Demon", Slade is watching Moira Queen's announcement to run for mayor and is soon joined by Sebastian. Slade reprimands him for not taking Moira seriously and tells Sebastian that rather then letting him handle her, Slade will handle it himself.
In "Time of Death", in a flashback Slade, Oliver and Sara are observing Ivo's ship from a cliphead until they hear a plane flying overhead. The three try to get it's attention but it is shot down, the pilot dying. Slade and Oliver rush back to the plane to get medical supplies but arrive too late. They do however find a parachute in the pilot's plane. In the present day Slade visits Moira himself who when Oliver returns home introduces Slade to him, unaware of Oliver and Slade's history together, which leaves Oliver in a state of shock.
In "The Promise", Slade is offered a tour of the Queen Mansion by Moira Queen. During the tour, Oliver calls Felicity to inform Sara that Slade is alive, where Sara recognizes Slade by his voice. Sara warns the team and plans on killing Slade and for good this time. They would however fail as Slade was fully aware of any plan. It was later revealed he planted bugs all over the Queen mansion during the tour while in guise of seeing the American Landscape arts. In the flashback, Slade agrees that they should burn the last remaining mirakuru prior to their attack on the freighter. As they reach the freighter, Slade tells Oliver and Sara not to kill Ivo as he wants Ivo for himself. Slade learns the truth about Shado after listening in to Oliver and Ivo's conversation. An enraged Slade attacks Oliver violently but Oliver slips away from him as explosions occur on the freighter. As Oliver attempts to escape the freighter, Slade grabs Oliver by the leg and imprisons him. When the Butcher, the ship's captain orders him to enter the cell with Oliver, he refuses. He crushes the skull of the Butcher who attempts to shoot him and declares himself the new captain. Later, he would ask Ivo to show him how he killed Shado and then lacerates Ivo's hand. Slade then promises to Oliver he will make him suffer in the same way he suffered before killing him.
In "Suicide Squad", Slade tails, in his Deathstroke uniform, Oliver as he searches for him, taunting him by leaving the same tattered mask that he left on the island to mark his death. He later kills Alexi Leonov who had dug up information on him, leaving him to be found by Oliver when he sneaks into his office. Realizing that Slade is too good for him to find on his own Oliver infiltrates A.R.G.U.S. There he informs Amanda Waller that Slade is alive, suggesting an unknown past between the three. Waller realizes Slade is the same, previously unidentified mercenary A.R.G.U.S had tracked operating in several countries, nicknamed "Deathstroke".
In "Birds of Prey", in a flashback, Slade has ordered one of the Amazo's crew to beat up Oliver while his hands are tied up. In a short pause of the torture, Slade lets Oliver speak and Oliver says "please". Slade turns his back and walks to one of the crew and asks why the ship isn't moving and demands the crew member to get the ship fixed. Slade contacts Sara through a walkie talkie and Slade tells her that Oliver is in pain. Slade explains why he can't leave with the ship and wants mr Hendrik to come and repair the ship. Slade hears that mr Hendrik is not there with Sara and Slade lets Oliver speak to Sara shortly before a crew member electrocutes Oliver with higher current each time. Oliver wakes up and asks Slade what he is doing to him. Slade explains that back in the Roman days, criminals were branded to remind them what they've done and tells Oliver he will have Shado's tattoo on his back for the rest of his life. Sara calls Slade and tells him that she complies to his demands. Back in the present day, Slade stops with his car by the street and offers Thea a ride home.
In "Deathstroke", in the flashbacks Slade returns Oliver and Anthony both to the island in exchange for Hendrick, who has been secretly rigged with explosives, but as his men take him outside Slade senses the explosives due to Mirakuru and removes and disables them. He then wants to kill Sara and Oliver but has a hallucination about Shado who tells him to leave them on the island forever. As Slade walks outside he tells Oliver that once the ship is ready, he is going after his family. In the present day Slade drives Thea to the middle of nowhere and loudly tells her to get out but when she does, Brother Blood kidnaps her. Slade then sends a tape to the D.A's office for Moira and Blood's debate event. Deathstroke has Thea crying a room by herself and taunts Moira telling her "what would you do to have your daughter back?". Oliver, Sara and Roy then find Slade's hiding place and head out. Roy punches Slade right in the face but seems to have minimal effect before Oliver shoots him with an arrow poisoned with snake venom and has Detective Lance arrest him. However due to lack of evidence Slade is released. Before he is Oliver tries to get Slade to tell him where Thea is but he refuses and Lieutenant Frank Pike releases him. Oliver, Sara, Roy and John Diggle try to follow his car but he gets away. Slade returns to Thea's holding place and tells her that she is free to go, but Slade tells her that Oliver has a secret and she stays to hear it. Later it is revealed the Isabel Rochev is actually working with Slade and was planted there to get him back in Starling and due to Oliver assigning her temporary CEO, she has taken total control of the company. Later Deathstroke stops a prisoner bus transfer, kills the guards and tells the prisoners that he has a proposal for them all and has the bus hijacked. Thea is eventually escapes and arrives at the SCPD where she reveals that Mr. Wilson told her that Malcolm Merlyn is her father. Slade is then publicly exposed for being Thea's kidnapper. Slade later meets with Sebastian and Isabel in Oliver's office where Sebastian is frustrated that Moira is getting the voters support but Slade angrily tells him that he is holding up his end. When Isabel reveals that Queen Consolidated's applied sciences is ready to replicate Mirakuru Slade decides it's time to expose one more secret of Oliver's, again seeing a hallucination of Shado. He later turns up at Laurel's apartment and tells her that Oliver is the Arrow.
In the flashbacks, unlike the DC comics character counterpart he was based on, Slade appears less cold and distant, but retains his appearance of an anti-hero. Slade is a man of good morals, who puts up a tough act, but underneath is a caring individual, as shown by his rescue of Oliver from Edward Fyers and Billy Wintergreen, even after stating that he'd leave the island if Oliver didn't return in time. Slade does not take well to traitors, which he shows by killing Billy Wintergreen, his friend and partner for many years until he betrayed him for his own life. Slade only trusts and cares for people who have proven themselves to him, as he trusts Oliver and Shado but has been less trusting of Sara Lance as they have barely known each other. Slade does not take well to losing those he cares about at other's hands as just a day after he buried Shado he became angry and vengeful towards Dr. Ivo for killing her.
Slade's personality takes a turn for the worse after his injection with Mirakuru, which combined with his grief over the loss of Shado makes him impulsive, reckless, and bent on revenge.
In the present day Slade's anger has increased more to the point of full vendetta against Oliver for reasons currently unknown, however it is assumed that it is because Slade discovered Oliver's role in Shado's death and Oliver shooting Slade in the eye with an arrow from currently unknown circumstances. Slade also does not seem to be very tolerant of those who fail him as he threatened to kill Blood more than once, even killing his own bodyguards to make an example.
Slade also seems to suffer from hallucinations as seen twice in both the past and present in the episode "Deathstroke" he saw Shado.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Physical Condition: To save his life, Slade received the serum Mirakuru. The injection initially made him faint, with extreme pain and bloody tears. after his awakening, his whole body boosted to limits that far exceed those of a normal human. Among their physical capacity were increased stamina, strength, durability and reflexes, in addition to an accelerated healing factor.
- Enhanced Strength: Thanks to the Miracle serum, Slade's muscular system allows for incredible strength. He was capable of effortlessly launching Ivo's men several meters away, breaking an assault rifle with his bare hands, and piercing the chest of a man with only his fist with extreme ease.
- Enhanced Durability: Serum increased the density of the muscle and bone structure of Slade, causing them to become more durable than a normal human's. When Sara hit Slade with a large tree branch, it hardly had any effect.
- Enhanced Stamina: The Miracle, reduces the effects of fatigue allowing Slade to exert himself at peak capacity greater then any human Could.
- Enhanced Speed: Slade can run at speeds out-performing any Olympic athlete. He was able to run the path of the submarine, to the location of Oliver and Shado in minutes while they took at least a few hours. Slade also managed to kill three of Sebastian Blood's men behind him, dive in front of Blood and disappear again in a matter of seconds.
- Enhanced Senses: Slade was able to smell the TNT of a Japanese landmine strapped to Hendrick Von Arnim.
- Rapid Cell Regeneration The Miracle injection has greatly enhanced Slade's ability to heal. By the time he awoke after the injection, the injuries on the right side of his face and the after effects of his injuries earlier were completely healed. There appear to be limits to this ability, however, as Slade's missing eye did not regenerate. In The Promise, he is shown to be shot through the chest, and it does not affect his abilities. According to his words in Deathstroke, Slade was carried under the water after somehow being defeated by Oliver and was badly torn apart by the rocks, but his body, excluding his eye, was eventually healed.
- Master marksmanship: Slade is shown to be an excellent marksman as he took out many soldiers with his sniper rifle in the episode "The Odyssey", and was able to take out several soldiers with only two handguns in "The Huntress Returns".
- Master hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Slade is shown to be an expert hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist, and mentors Oliver in his ways. He sparred with Shado in "Unfinished Business", in one of Oliver's flashbacks, and was able to stalemate her in combat, although it can be implied that Slade held back a little. He was also able to beat his partner in combat, even though Billy Wintergreen was able to beat Yao Fei in a fight. His main fighting style is Eskrima with Muay Thai and other unidentified fighting forms in the mix. His combat skills are at the very least on par with Oliver's though, considering Slade was one of Oliver's mentors on the island.
- Master swordsmanship: Slade has shown himself to be a master swordsman, cutting down multiple armed mercenaries in mere seconds. He has explicitly stated his weapon of choice are swords. He killed his former partner in a sword-fight, who was also a master swordsman.
- High tolerance for pain: Slade has a high tolerance for pain. In "The Odyssey", Oliver had to pull the bullet out of Slade's arm without any form of anaesthetic, albeit he had to tie him up (on Slade's suggestion) because he might kill Oliver otherwise. He was also able to take down several of Edward Fyers' henchmen with an injured leg in "Sacrifice".
- Custom Swords: On the island, Slade wields custom swords that he carries on his back.
- Sword: In the present day, Slade wields a sword, similar in appearance to a katana. In "Blind Spot", he used it to kill three of Sebastian's bodyguards in a matter of seconds.
- Sidearm: In both the present day and several times on the island, Slade carries a handgun.
- Deathstroke Costume: In the present day, Slade wears a costume as his villain alter-ego Deathstroke, to hide his identity from his victims. It is a personal suit of body armor custom tailored to his needs.
- Deathstroke Mask: Slade possesses a black and orange mask. The version kept on the island is a solid mask with a black/orange fabric balaklava. The version in the present day appears to be a metal helmet, with the black side acting as an eyepatch. Slade wears this mask as his villain alter-ego Deathstroke, to hide his identity from his victims.
- A Deathstroke mask is seen mounted on a wooden stake in "Pilot", as Chinese fishermen investigate Oliver's distress signal and in "City of Heroes", when John Diggle and Felicity Smoak travel to Lian Yu to find Oliver. In both occurrences the mask seems to be burnt, which Oliver references having to burn someone injected with "The Miracle" to kill them. In "Tremors", Oliver tells Diggle and Felicity that he had to put an arrow through Slade's eye, furthering the likelihood that it was Slade's mask in the Pilot.
- In "The Odyssey", Slade mentions that Billy Wintergreen was the godfather of his son. Slade has had three children in the comic books, two boys and a girl. His oldest son, Grant, was known as Ravager, and his other son, Joseph, was the Teen Titan Jericho. His daughter, Rose, became the new Ravager after Grant's death.
- Unlike most other incarnations outside of the comics, this version of Slade appears more heroic. However, this changes as of "Three Ghosts".
- Slade Wilson was Oliver Queen's second mentor, after Yao Fei.
- Slade has been promoted to main cast for Season 2 from his recurring role in Season 1.
- In "State v. Queen" the scar tissue and medicine on his face, made his face look like the Deathstroke mask he and Billy Wintergreen used to wear.
- In "Three Ghosts", we see that Slade has an eyepatch over his right eye, and says that he wants to drive an arrow through Oliver's eye, indicating that it was Oliver who caused Slade to lose his right eye. This is confirmed as Oliver tells Roy Harper in "Tremors" that he had put an arrow through Slade's eye. This may be a reference to an event in the comics where, during a battle, Green Arrow stabs Deathstroke in his right eye socket with an arrow.
- Slade Wilson is the fourteenth person aware of Oliver Queen's secret identity, the Arrow. He discovered this, because of The Green Hood, Oliver wears that once belonged to his late mentor Yao Fei, and his late daughter Shado.
- Slade is the first antagonist to be credited as a main character.
- Slade Wilson is usually an adversary of Batman or the Teen Titans, lead by Batman's sidekick Robin, and is usually an American soldier.
- In "Blind Spot", Slade officially dons his iconic Deathstroke costume.
- The bi-colored "Deathstroke mask" on the island closely mirrors the one worn by Deathstroke in the DC comic books. The metal helmet seen in present day resembles Deathstroke's portrayal in Batman: Arkham Origins as well as various cartoons.
- In the Flashpoint Universe, Slade Wilson was also a ship captain.
- Slade seems to have knowledge of Thea Queen's true parentage to Malcolm Merlyn, though it is currently unknown how he obtained this information as the only living people who know are Malcolm himself, Moira Queen, Oliver Queen, Felicity Smoak, Walter Steele and Thea's doctor Dr. Gill (who was paid lots of money by Walter to keep that very fact a secret).
- As of Deathstroke, Slade has almost completely crippled Oliver's mission as his actions lead to Roy leaving the team, Quentin being arrested, Thea hating Oliver and Laurel finding out Oliver's secret will most likely have falling out.