Simon Lacroix, known under the codename Komodo, is a mercenary. He was believed to have killed Sara Lance, but had an alibi proving that he was in Blüdhaven at the time of her murder in Star City. He did, however, kill several civilians in Star City under contract.
Simon was born in Sainte-Sophie, Quebec, raised by his single mother. At some point he became a mercenary known as Komodo, and is wanted for murder in 7 countries. Despite his status as a wanted man, he manages to frequently call his mother.
Simon is a ruthless mercenary who is willing to kill people for money. He seemed to take great pride in his work as he even tracked down one of his surviving targets to the hospital to finish him off. He mentioned he did not kill Sara Lance and admitted he would have said it if he had as he is proud of his work. Despite seemingly killing without qualms he only killed targets he got paid for. He did not shoot Laurel even though he easily could have. When attacked by the Arrow he shot him and then quickly fled instead of trying to finish him off. In all confrontations against the Arrow and Arsenal he only used enough violence to create a window of escape and seemingly did not want to engage them; implying that Simon does not kill anyone who gets between him and his target(s).
- Peak of human physical condition: As a highly skilled mercenary, Simon is in top physical condition.
- Expert archer: Simon is able to kill several targets with single precision shots and even injured the Arrow during a confrontation.
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Simon is shown to be highly skilled in close combat and used his bow as a striking weapon similarly to other archers like Yao Fei Gulong, Oliver Queen and Malcolm Merlyn. He was able to hold his own for a while against Oliver. He was also able to take on both the Arrow and Arsenal, at the same time.
- Expert driving skills: Simon is skilled at driving and maneuvering at high speeds. While driving his motorcycle he was able to fight The Arrow who also drove a motorcycle. While driving he fired arrows and managed to hit Oliver.
- Carbon Fiber Long Bow: Simon as Komodo, uses as his weapon of choice a Carbon Fiber Long Bow combined with his arrows to kill his targets, like Oliver, Simon also uses it as an improvised quarterstaff.
- Customized Hunting Arrows: Like Oliver, Simon uses customized arrows.
- Trick arrows: Like Oliver, Simon uses trick arrows such as rope tying arrows that, can tie around a person's legs, and hang that person upside down.
- Komodo suit: Simon wears a suit as his villain alter-ego, Komodo, to hide his identity from his victims, when he is out on an assignment.
- Komodo Mask: Simon wears a mask as his villain alter-ego, Komodo, to hide his identity from his victims, when he is out on an assignment.
- Quiver: Simon has a black/brown arrow container, to carry his arrows with him, as his villain alter-ego, Komodo.
- Simon Lacroix's Motorcycle: As Komodo, Simon uses a motorcycle to get to his targets faster.
- In the New 52, Simon Lacroix is a darling of Richard Queen, Oliver's father, until he betrayed and killed him, trying to attain enlightenment for himself; for the fabled Arrow Clan totem, also his skills in archery and unarmed combat surpasses that of Green Arrow's, he still has considerable marksmanship skills even after being blinded in one eye, in the Arrowverse, his skills in archery and unarmed combat are equal to Oliver's.