Shawna Baez (born June 20, 1987), nicknamed Peek-a-Boo by Caitlin Snow, is a meta-human from Central City. After the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator accident, Shawna gained the power to teleport. She became an inmate in the S.T.A.R. Labs Pipeline. However, she was released by Leonard Snart and Lisa Snart along with the rest of the imprisoned meta-humans, and took the opportunity to teleport away. Roughly two and a half years later, Shawna resurfaced and went on a crime spree, but was stopped by Kid Flash, Vibe, and Joe West and arrested again.
Reunited with Clay
Shawna broke her boyfriend, Clay Parker, out of prison with her new meta-human power of teleportation. She wanted to run with him away from Central City, but Clay stated that he had to pay a debt to Marcus Stockheimer before he could leave.
They robbed an armored truck, and the Flash showed up to stop them. However, her powers overwhelmed Barry, and she distracted him long enough that Clay almost shot him through the neck. They then teleported away.
Shawna and Clay later met with the crime lord to pay off the latter's debt, but when Shawna showed off her powers, Stockheimer decided to keep the two around for a crime spree. However, CCPD stormed the hideout and in the subsequent firefight, Clay was wounded, forcing Shawna to teleport them both to safety.
The next night, the couple raided an armored truck before attempting to depart Central City, only to be confronted by the Flash in a tunnel. Shawna briefly fought him before rejoining Clay in the car. However, the Flash used wrenches to destroy the tunnel lights before taking out the car's headlights, rendering Shawna unable to teleport if she can't see where to go.
Clay then abandoned Shawna, leaving her to be captured by the Flash. She was then imprisoned in the Pipeline, her cell fitted with a one-way mirror so she can't get out. Only able to hear her captors, she confessed that despite Clay's desertion, she still loved him.
Escape from the Pipeline
When the team discovered the Reverse-Flash had been altering the particle accelerator, he freed Shawna and she attacked the team while Barry chased the Reverse-Flash. She nearly killed Caitlin Snow for imprisoning her but was knocked out by Iris West and returned to her cell. After being sedated by having knockout gas sprayed in her cell, Shawna was moved out of S.T.A.R. Labs in a truck with the other meta-humans. She and the other metas awoke and began squabbling. However Leonard and Lisa Snart sabotaged the truck, and Shawna and the others escaped. A battle ensued, but Shawna decided to take the opportunity to escape, teleporting away. 
One night in early 2016, while working on making Barry's suit bulletproof, Cisco fell asleep. He dreamt that Shawna infiltrated S.T.A.R. Labs. In the dream, she neutralized Cisco and pointed a gun at him, sarcastically saying "Peek-a-boo" to him, referencing her nickname. She then asked him to make her a high-tech gun like Lisa Snart's. After Cisco refused, she shot him. However, Cisco survived due to having inadvertently created a working serum to bulletproof the suit by spilling orange soda on himself. Shawna decided to teleport Cisco into the Pipeline and raid S.T.A.R. Labs herself. Cisco then awoke, though he found a bullet on the ground, leading him to question whether it was a dream or not.
Return and Crime Spree
6 months after Barry Allen disappeared into the Speed Force, Shawna returned to Central City. However her crime spree was short lived as Cisco Ramon, Wally West and Joe West pursued her throughout the city. Thanks to Iris West at S.T.A.R. Labs Shawna's teleportation pattern was figured out and she was intercepted by Wally and Cisco. She managed to gain the upper hand and pulled out two guns to shoot them before Joe shot her with the B.O.O.T., knocking her out. The CCPD then arrested her.
Powers and abilities
- Meta-human physiology: After Shawna was struck by the energy of the Particle Accelerator explosion, this altered her DNA cells, augmenting her physiology to access her powers.
- Teleportation: After surviving the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator explosion, Shawna gained the ability to teleport, which allows her to instantly travel anywhere within her range of vision. Shawna has refined her ability over time and can rapidly teleport from one location within her field of vision to another traveling great distances at a speed rivaling Kid Flash.
- Skilled Hand-to-hand combatant: Shawna has some skill in close combat. Using her teleportation and her telescope as a weapon she was able to repeatedly strike Barry.
- Skilled Markswoman: Shawna is proficient in the use of firearms.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: In Cisco's dream, Shawna had shot him in the spot of the juice stain, and Cisco remained alive holding on to her while he sprayed her with hydrogen peroxide that temporarily blinded her, but, on the way to the pipeline, she regained her vision, teleporting Cisco into the cell and leaving with his phone while he was locked in there.
- Sightlessness: If her vision is blocked, unable to see her desired location, Shawna is unable to teleport there.
- Power-dampening tech: Shawna's powers could not work while she was imprisoned in the pipeline. Her cell was fitted with a one-way mirror so she could not look outside of it.
- Handheld telescope: To compensate somewhat for limited range of vision affecting her range to teleport, Shawna would carry around a telescope, looking through it to significantly improve her range. She also uses the telescope as a blunt weapon in combat.
- "Flash Back" (photo)
Chronicles of Cisco
The Chronicles of Cisco
- In a deleted scene from "Grodd Lives", Caitlin says that Shawna's favorite food is enchiladas.
- This is further referenced in the first post of The Chronicles of Cisco, along with Cisco's obsession for her.
Behind the Scenes
- In the DC comics, Peek-a-Boo's first name is Lashawn; although she is an enemy to the Flash, her encounters were mostly with Wally West.