Matching wits with The Thinker, who by season's end had harnessed the powers of all twelve bus metas he created, stretched Team Flash to their limits, but with the help of some new allies, Barry Allen (aka The Flash) and company were able to put a stop to the Enlightenment and save Central City once again.
However, with the arrival of Barry and Iris' speedster daughter, Nora, who arrived from the future admitting to having made a "big mistake", things are anything but status quo. Will parenthood be the challenge that finally slows The Flash down?
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West-Allen
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Vibe
- Danielle Nicolet as District Attorney Cecille Horton
- Hartley Sawyer as Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man
- Jessica Parker Kennedy as Nora West-Allen/XS
- Tom Cavanagh as Sherloque Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
- Chris Klein as David Hersch/Cicada
- Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West/Kid-Flash
- Susan Walters as Dr. Carla Tannhauser
- TBA as Dr. Thomas Snow
- Kiana Madeira as Spencer Young/Spin
Confirmed plot points
- There will be a new threat this season.
- There will be a three-show crossover with Supergirl and Arrow. The crossover will introduce Batwoman and Gotham City.
- One of the themes for this season is family. Another theme for the season is "legacy".
- Iris will be on the field investigating and writing more.
- We will see more of Ralph's detective side.
- Tom Cavanagh will play a funny and unique version of Wells.
- Wally West will appear in the season premiere and two other episodes.
- Danielle Panabaker will direct the 18th episode.
- Tom Cavanagh will direct the 100th episode which will also be the mid-season finale.
- There may be a lot of deaths this season.
- Fans will learn why and how Caitlin got her Killer Frost powers.
- Cisco's powers are going to be challenged like they never have before, in a perilous situation.
- A possible episode in the second half of Season 5; an episode featuring both Gorilla Grodd and King Shark.
- The show will introduce a new LGBT character this season.
- Barry Allen will receive the Flash ring and a new suit.
- Caitlin and Ralph's friendship will be explored but it won't turn into a romance.
- Dr. Thomas Snow will appear this season.
- There will be a few new versions of Wells.
- Cisco and Ralph's friendship will be explored.
- Jesse Wells and Jay Garrick may return.
- Dr. Carla Tannhauser will return.
- Spencer Young/Spin will appear this season.
- Unlike previous seasons, there will not be a time jump and "" will pick up 12 hours after the events of "".
- Peter Merkel/Rag Doll will appear in at least one episode this season with the possibility to recur.
Confirmed new characters
- David Hersch/Cicada: A grizzled, blue-collar everyman whose family has been torn apart by meta-humans, Cicada now seeks to exterminate the epidemic -- one metahuman at a time.
- Sherloque Wells: A very intelligent human who is maybe not to be trusted.
- Dr. Thomas Snow: Dr. Snow is an extremely intelligent geneticist who has been MIA for a few decades. As he returns to Central City, Dr. Snow will do his best to make up for lost time with his daughter Caitlin and his wife Carla. But what they don’t know about Thomas is that he is keeping a big and mysterious secret.
- Spencer Young: A young aspiring social media influencer who seizes the opportunity to make herself famous when she discovers there is a new hero in Central City.
- Peter Merkel: An incredibly emotional damaged criminal who has the power to bend out of shape and fit his whole body into small spaces. As he is enjoying his criminal activities, Team Flash will be challenged by the Rag Doll in shocking ways as his sick plan is revealed. 
|#||Episode name||Directed by||Story by||Teleplay by||Original airdate|
|1||""||TBA||TBA||October 9, 2018|
|The Flash season 5|
|"" • ""|