- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Vibe
- Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West/Kid Flash
- Neil Sandilands as Clifford DeVoe/The Thinker
- Tom Cavanagh as Dr. Harrison "Harry" Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
- Danielle Nicolet as District Attorney Cecile Horton
- Kim Engelbrecht as "The Mechanic"
- Patrick Sabongui as Captain David Singh
- Jessica Camacho as Gypsy
- Danny Trejo as "Breacher"
- Hartley Sawyer as Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man
- Katee Sackhoff as Amunet Black/Blacksmith
- Anne Dudek as Tracy Brand
"Running up against an evil time remnant version of yourself is something no one should ever have to do, but that’s exactly what faced Barry Allen (aka The Flash) as he fought to save the life of fiancée Iris West from the God of Speed known as Savitar."
"Barry’s victory was short-lived, however, as an unbalanced Speed Force began to wreak havoc on Central City, forcing Barry to sacrifice himself for the greater good."
"With The Fastest Man Alive now trapped inside an extra-dimensional energy, and unknown dangers lurking in the shadows, it will be up to Team Flash to free Barry from his own personal Hell."
Confirmed plot points
- There will be a four-way crossover with Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow.
- The crossover will take place over two-nights and will consist of 2 "two-hour miniseries". The first "two-hour miniseries" will consist of Supergirl and Arrow while the second one will consist of The Flash and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.
- The crossover will have high emotional stakes and emotional payoffs with romance in the air.
- The title of the crossover is Crisis on Earth-X.
- The live-action debut of The Ray will happen in the crossover.
- Iris & Barry will get married in the crossover.
- A superhero from the DC Comics called Elongated Man will make a recurring appearance throughout this season.
- Gypsy's father will be introduced.
- Harrison "Harry" Wells will be a part of the season but another version of Harrison Wells might show up.
- Tom Cavanagh will direct at least one episode this season.
- Tracy Brand will return at some point but she won’t be a full-fledged member of Team Flash.
- A villain named Hazard will appear in the third episode.
- Felicity Smoak will appear in the fifth episode "Girls Night Out".
- Ralph Dibny is a private investigator. He and Barry will not get along as they have this shared, checkered past.
Confirmed new characters
- Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man: Ralph has the ability to stretch his body to super-human lengths and sizes... however, while resculpting his old body is easy to do, Dibny finds losing the old misguided sense of truth and slobbery, even after joining the team at S.T.A.R. Labs, is a far more difficult task to accomplish.
- Breacher: Earth-19 bounty hunter Gypsy's imposing father. Also a feared bounty hunter, he seeks to prevent any inter-dimensional traveler from threatening life on his planet - especially his daughter's.
- Rebecca "Becky" Sharpe/Hazard: Perpetually down-on her luck and is convinced her life is cursed — until a freak accident changes everything. With the universe on her side, she poses a threat to both Team Flash and Central City.
- Amunet Black/Blacksmith: A steely and badass boss of an underground black market for supervillains. Amunet uses every means possible, including the long list of metahumans under her thumb, to ensure her illicit enterprise thrives.
|#||Episode name||Directed by||Story by||Teleplay by||Original airdate|
|1||"The Flash Reborn"||Glen Winter||Andrew Kreisberg||Todd Helbing & Eric Wallace||October 10, 2017|
|With Barry in the speed force, Iris, Kid Flash, Joe and Vibe have taken over protecting Central City. However, when a powerful armored villain threatens to level the city if The Flash doesn't appear, Cisco makes a risky decision to break Barry out of the speed force. However, the Barry that comes out isn't the same Barry that went in.|
|2||"Mixed Signals"||Alexandra La Roche||Jonathan Butler & Gabriel Garza||October 17, 2017|
|Barry has his hands full when he takes on a dangerous meta who can control technology, while also confronting an obstacle in his personal life; the ramifications of abandoning Iris for six months to balance the Speed Force. Meanwhile, Gypsy breaches in for a hot date with Cisco, but she gets annoyed when his work keeps them apart.|
|3||"Luck Be a Lady"||Armen V. Kevorkian||Sam Chalsen & Judalina Neira||October 24, 2017|
|Barry and the team are hit by a string of bad luck and realize it is the handiwork of a new meta, Becky nicknamed Hazard, who has the ability to give others bad luck, while cashing in the benefits for herself. Meanwhile, Harry Wells returns to Earth-1 to give Wally a message from Jesse.|
|4||"Elongated Journey Into Night"||Tom Cavanagh||Sterling Gates & Thomas Pound||October 31, 2017|
|Cisco is shocked when Gypsy's father, Breacher, shows up on Earth-1. Breacher takes an immediate disliking to Cisco and decides to hunt him. Meanwhile, Barry runs into his old nemesis, Ralph Dibny.|
|5||"Girls Night Out"||Laura Belsey||Lauren Certo & Kristen Kim||November 7, 2017|
|Having received an ominous threat from her old boss, Amunet, Caitlin fears that her past time as Killer Frost may be back to haunt her. Felicity comes to Central City to help the girls celebrate Iris’s bachelorette party, while Cisco, Joe and the guys take Barry out for a night on the town.|
|6||"When Harry Met Harry"||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|7||"Therefore I Am"||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|8||"Crisis on Earth-X, Part 3"||TBA||TBA||TBA||November 28, 2017|
- ↑ The CW renews seven series including 'Arrow,' 'The Flash,' 'Supernatural' and 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' - LA Times
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 ‘The Flash’ Cast on Season 4, Barry’s Return, and Killer Frost’s Future - Collider
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Flash Casts Villainous Thinker, Adds Danny Trejo as (Spoiler)'s Dad - TVLine
- ↑ 'The Flash' Casts Iconic Justice League Member For Season 4 - Comicbook.com
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 'The Flash' season 4 spoilers: The Mechanic, Elongated Man reportedly coming - http://cartermatt.com
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 'The Flash' adds Katee Sackhoff as DC Comics villain - EW
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 ‘The Flash’ Spoilers: Is Anne Dudek Returning For Season 4? - ibtimes.com
- ↑ The Flash Season 4 SDCC Panel Info Released - Comicbook.com
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 CW sets two-night event for four-way superhero crossover - Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ Arrowverse Crossover: (Spoiler)'s Wedding Confirmed in Key Art - TVLine
- ↑ - Youtube
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 ‘The Flash’ Casts Sugar Lyn Beard as Hazard (EXCLUSIVE) - Varirety
- ↑ The Flash’s Elongated Man Has a History with Barry Allen - CBR.com
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 14.4 The Flash Episode #4.3 Description: "Luck Be A Lady" - FlashTVNews
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 15.4 The Futon Critic
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Flash “Girls Night Out” Description: Emily Bett Rickards & Katee Sackhoff Guest Star - FlashTVNews
- ↑ 'The Flash' - Episode 4.06 - 4.07 - Titles Revealed - SpoilerTV
- ↑ Upcoming Episode Titles - Various Shows - 8th October 2017 - Spoiler TV
- ↑ CW sets two-night event for four-way superhero crossover - Entertainment Weekly
|The Flash season 4|
|"The Flash Reborn" • "Mixed Signals"|
|"Luck Be a Lady" • "Elongated Journey Into Night" • "Girls Night Out" • "When Harry Met Harry" • "Therefore I Am" • "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 3" • TBA • TBA|