- For its Earth One equivalent, see S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator.
The particle accelerator was designed by S.T.A.R. Labs under the orders of Dr. Harrison Wells to power all of Central City with clean energy. However, when they turned it on, something went horribly wrong and the particle accelerator exploded underneath S.T.A.R. Labs, sending a huge shock-wave of dark matter in to the clouds and through the entire city, subsequently creating an unknown number of meta-humans.
Known victims of the particle accelerator explosion
- Adam Fells/Geomancer
- Dante Ramon/Rupture (killed by Hunter Zolomon)
- Francisco Ramon/Reverb (killed by Hunter Zolomon)
- Ronnie Raymond/Deathstorm (killed by Hunter Zolomon)
- Martin Stein/Deathstorm (killed by Hunter Zolomon)
- Al Rothstein/Atom-Smasher (killed by Team Flash)
- Eddie Slick/Sand Demon (killed by Barry Allen)
- Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost (killed by Hunter Zolomon to save her doppelganger)
- Hunter Zolomon/The Flash/Zoom/Black Flash (killed by Caitlin Snow)
- Unlike the Earth One version, the accelerator didn't explode publicly above ground. This could explain why Earth Two S.T.A.R. Labs is still operational while Earth One S.T.A.R. Labs was crippled.
- "Who Are You?" (indirectly mentioned)