- This article is about one of the two characters whose fusion make up Deathstorm.
- For the conjoint meta-human, see Deathstorm.
- For his Earth One equivalent, see Ronnie Raymond.
- "Oh, I haven't let him out in years. Doesn't talk much anymore."
- —Ronnie referring to not letting out Martin Stein out of his body.[src]
Ronnie Raymond (died February 2016), was a criminal who along with Martin Stein was affected by Harrison Wells' particle accelerator and both men were was transmuted and conjoined into the meta-human Deathstorm. Ronnie along with his wife Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost served "Zoom" as his enforcers in Central City under the direct leadership of his right-hand man Reverb.
Ronnie was one of the many affected by Harrison Wells' particle accelerator around 2013 and the dark matter released merged him and Martin Stein together into a conjoined meta-human named "Deathstorm". However Ronnie decided to use these powers for evil and became a criminal seemingly against the desires of his other half, as Ronnie begun shutting out Stein and refused to separate from him and eventually Stein stopped talking to him. At some point Deathstorm met and married fellow meta-human criminal Caitlin Snow, later known simply as Killer Frost. These two became employed by "Zoom", under direct command of his right-hand man Reverb, to be his enforcers in Central City to keep other criminals in line and kill any who disobeyed Zoom's rules.
Hunting Barry Allen
Ronnie was informed by Reverb that someone from Earth One had crossed over onto Earth Two and Ronnie went to inform Caitlin as she tracked down disobeying criminals. Ronnie arrived in time to dispatch the last surviving criminal before he could shoot Caitlin and the two shared a passionate kiss as Ronnie informed Caitlin of the situation and retrieved the stolen money.
The two tracked the breacher to Jitterbugs where Caitlin interrogated the customers. No one spoke, but they were quickly confronted by Detective Iris West. Ronnie and Caitlin attacked her, but as Ronnie fired a nuclear blast at Iris her father Joseph intervened and Ronnie blasted him instead. Eventually the breacher, Barry Allen, revealed himself and sped the two outside the bar, engaging Caitlin. When she couldn't hit him, Ronnie chased Barry around Central City. However Barry used the helmet on a nearby Jay Garrick statue to redirect a nuclear blast onto Caitlin and Ronnie tended to her, vowing their fight wasn't over.
Later Ronnie and Caitlin lured Iris, Floyd Lawton and Cisco Ramon into an abandoned warehouse on orders from Reverb, seeking to meet his Earth One counterpart. While there they watched Reverb try to convince Vibe to join his side and help him overthrow Zoom, though Ronnie and Caitlin were skeptical of Reverb's motives, but quickly fell in line when he threatened to kill them. Eventually Flash arrived and fought the three meta-humans. However, Flash was outnumbered and outmatched and Ronnie and Reverb easily subdued him. They continued to attack him impulsively, despite instruction not to from Zoom. Killer Frost noted this, but he continued, causing Zoom to appear, phasing his hand through Deathstorm's back and killing Ronnie and Stein instantly.
Ronnie was impulsive, reckless, temperamental and perfectly willing to kill innocent civilians. He also seemed to be disobedient and arrogant as he shut out Martin Stein's voice from his head to avoid listening to him or letting him interfere with his work, and tried to kill the Flash, disregarding Zoom's orders to bring him back alive, an action which lead to his death. He was shown to care for his wife Caitlin dearly, always following her orders without question and only disobeying when she was hurt. Whenever she was hurt by someone, mainly Earth One Barry, Ronnie would angrily attack them out of spite.
Powers and abilities
- Nuclear physiology: When Ronnie merged with Martin, the two created the nuclear-powered composite being Deathstorm. When they achieved physical contact, they merged into a singular being, choosing the stronger body of the two (namely, Ronnie).
- Pyrokinesis: Due to the nuclear nature of the transmutation of the two bodies, Ronnie was able to produce nuclear energy in the form of fire from parts of his body. One blast was capable of being fatal. However, beings such as the Flash were noticeably more resilient to these fiery blasts.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Deathstorm was initially the Black Lantern infused corpse of Ronnie Raymond; following Flashpoint, Deathstorm was instead Firestorm's Earth Three counterpart, created when Martin Stein merged with a corpse to harness the power to oppose the Crime Syndicate.
The Chronicles of Cisco