- "Robin of Locksley. I taught him how to use a bow. He taught me how to not feel pain."
- —Vandal Savage on Robin[src]
Robin of Locksley (fl. 1183), otherwise known as Robin Hood, was a legendary Middle Ages archer and a folktale hero.
At some point immortal Vandal Savage encountered Robin, learning from him how to resist pain, which was crucial for Savage, as he, while being immortal and being able to heal from most of the injuries, was not pain resistant. In exchange Vandal taught Robin archery, which began Robin's legacy as a known archer.
Powers and abilities
- Pain Tolerance: Robin was highly tolerant to pain, an acquired skill which he taught to Vandal Savage.
- Archery: In exchange Vandal taught him archery to such a level, that Robin become a legendary archer on his own.
- Leadership: Robin led a group of "merry men".
- Bow and arrow: Robin was a very proficient archer.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Behind the scenes
- Robin Hood is a heroic outlaw in English folklore who "stole from the rich and gave to the poor", a highly skilled archer and swordsman. He is, indeed sometimes attributed as a possible native of the village of Locksley, Nottinghamshire, also historical evidence is scarce and nearly impossible to confirm.
- There are numerous versions of Robin Hood in the DC Comics, the main one being inspired by the folklore hero.
- It should be noted that original comic book depiction of Oliver Queen was clearly inspired by Robin Hood, including archery and a traditional green costume often attributed to the folklore hero.
- Oliver Queen is also called "The Hood" in the series, an alias which is used by another character inspired by the Robin Hood mythos.