- "Some place called Project Cadmus, which I'm guessing isn't an all-inclusive resort."
- "No. It's the reason that Clark won't work with the government. Okay, so if, if the D.E.O. is a prison, then Cadmus is a dissection lab. It's genetic engineering facility that treats aliens like lab rats. Amputated, skinned, drained, injected with experimental drugs."
- —Kara Danvers and James Olsen[src]
Project Cadmus, simply known as Cadmus, is a research lab formerly associated with the D.E.O. They are tasked with experimenting on extraterrestrial threats.
By 2016, however, under the leadership of Lillian Luthor, Project Cadmus had gone rogue, and no longer had formal ties with the government.
After Jim Harper interrogated J'onn J'onzz he was told he was being taken to Project Cadmus for study. James Olsen told Kara Danvers about the lab and they decided they needed to rescue Hank. After they rescued J'onn from Jim Harper he erased Harper's memory of having remembered meeting him but discovered that Jeremiah Danvers was alive at Project Cadmus. Alex Danvers told Kara that she would go with J'onn to find Cadmus.
With President Marsdin proposing the Alien Amnesty Act, Cadmus cut its ties to the government and went rogue, declaring war against all aliens. They have since been officially labeled as a terrorist organization.
- Lillian Luthor (leader; incarcerated)
- Jim Harper (status unknown)
- John Corben/Metallo (pawn; deceased)
- Dr. Gilcrist (scientist and pawn; deceased)
- J. McGill (double agent; deceased)
- Chet Miner (pawn; deceased)
- Jeremiah Danvers (forcibly; switched sides back to D.E.O.)
- Lena Luthor (faked)
- Since president Olivia Marsdin signed/initiated the alien embassy act, which allows aliens to come to Earth whenever they want to and gives them the same equal rights as humans, Project Cadmus can now be considered a terrorist organization, as they have publicly declared war against all aliens.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Project Cadmus is the name of a genetic engineering project to study cloning. They are known for experimenting on extraterrestrials and they are responsible for the creation of several clones of both heroes and villains.
- The Cadmus of myth created a new race by sowing dragons' teeth into the earth, creating new life, similar to what Project Cadmus does.