- "What happened to you on that island?"
- —Mr. Blank shocked at Oliver's hand-to-hand combat skills[src]
"Mr. Blank" was an assassin hired by Edward Rasmus.
Edward sent Mr. Blank to kill the Moore family after they were going to sue him for stealing their life savings. Blank successfully killed the parents, Eric and Nancy, but their son Taylor escaped. He made a second attempt going after the boy in Laurel's apartment after killing the cops guarding the place. It was here, he encountered The Hood, however he managed to escape as The Hood seemingly held back not wanting to kill him in front of Tommy. Later on, he met with his client in jail and killed him due to his client having seen his face. Eventually, he went to the Queen Mansion in search of Taylor, and led to a fight with Oliver. After an intense battle, Oliver killed him with a poker, but said it was the work of bodyguard Mr. Robbins, despite Blank having killed Robbins earlier.
Mr. Blank displayed a calm and almost emotionless personality. For whatever reason, he seems to take part in forming a conversation with his targets. He had a rule against people seeing his face, especially the ones who hired him. He was also unreasonable and psychopathic, even when Edward Rasmus, his hirer told him to forget about the Moore kid, and that he already confessed to being behind the Moore family's murder and attempted son's murder.
He is also cautious, not allowing anyone to see his face, even a child once they've seen him perform his duties as an assassin.
- Skilled marksman: Mr. Blank's weapon of choice was a silenced automatic pistol. He showed a standard level of skill at using them.
- Skilled hand-to-hand combatant: Mr. Blank was a skilled hand-to-hand combatant, and could almost keep up a fight with Oliver.
- Skilled tactician: Mr. Blank was able to kill his targets in their homes. He was able to infiltrate the heavily guarded Queen Mansion.
- Physiology knowledge: He had knowledge of deadly pressure points, which he used to kill Rasmus, and tried to use on Oliver.
- Stealth: Mr. Blank was able to move quietly and was almost able to surprise Oliver.
- "Kapiushon" (memory)
Behind the scenes
- Mr. Blank was portrayed by J. August Richards in one episode of the first season of Arrow.
- Mr. Blank's role was originally going to be filled by the DC character, Onomatopoeia, but the decision was made by Andrew Kreisberg that this character wouldn't translate well from page to screen, after heard the statements of Kevin Smith. Like the DC character, Mr. Blank used a silenced automatic pistol as his primary weapon but no sniper rifle or knife.
- Mr. Blank's calm and almost emotionless personality, looks and methods resemble another DC chararacter, the second Tally Man.