- "There is no shame in wanting to be greater, to reach higher, to walk on the moon."
- —Eobard Thawne
When the Legends track Commander Steel to NASA Headquarters in 1970, they learn where Nate’s grandfather hid the last fragment of the Spear of Destiny. The team notices a time aberration during the Apollo 13 mission and believes that the Legion of Doom might be involved. As the Legends journey into space to intercept Apollo 13, the Waverider suffers massive internal damage and Ray’s life is left in jeopardy when he is stranded on the moon. Meanwhile, tension grows between Rip and Sara as to who is the leader of the team.
- Multiple references to The Martian.
- Ray states that he knows "how Matt Damon felt", referencing his role as an astronaut who is marooned alone on Mars after an accident with a spacecraft and is forced to repair the MAV in order to escape. Similarly, Ray was stranded on the moon after the LEM detached from the main body of the Apollo 13, and is forced to fix the LEM.
- He later starts recording a video log similar to how Matt Damon's character Mark Watney did, even quoting his line, "I'm gonna have to science the crap out of this."
- The method of using the gravitational pull of the Moon to attach the LEM to Apollo 13 mirrors the method that NASA used to attach the MAV to Hermes.
- Martin Stein sings "Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)", the best known version by Harry Belafonte, to distract the mission control. A video clip of him singing the song with the rhythm was shown at the ending credits. His singing foreshadows his appearance on The Flash episode:"Duet" to which he will sing as a different character in the Music Meister reality.
- This could be a reference to the finale of the film Guardians of the Galaxy, where Peter Quill distracts Ronan with a song and dance. This method was also adapted to many other versions of media, in which a character creates a distraction from a crucial moment by song, dance, or both.
- When Henry hits Rip and says his press crondentials are not accurate. It is similar to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where Indy on the Zeplin says No Ticket and everyone on the Zeplin shows a ticket. Nathaniel being a great fan of the Indiana Jones Series.[]
- When Ray walks on the moon, the song 2001 A Space Odessy is played.
- Thawne references working with Cisco and Caitlin, despite having been pulled from the timeline before he would have started impersonating Harrison Wells and worked with them in Season 1 of The Flash.
Preparation ran from December 14, 2016 until January 9, 2017, with a winter hiatus from December 19, 2016 until January 2, 2017. Shooting ran from January 10 until January 19, 2017.
- ↑ Legends of Tomorrow Spoilers: “Moonshot” Description - DCLegendsTV
- ↑ Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) - Twitter
|DC's Legends of Tomorrow season 2|
|"Out of Time" • "The Justice Society of America" • "Shogun" • "Abominations" • "Compromised" •"Outlaw Country" • "Invasion!" • "The Chicago Way" • "Raiders of the Lost Art" • "The Legion of Doom" • "Turncoat" • "Camelot/3000" • "Land of the Lost" • "Moonshot" • "Fellowship of the Spear"|
|"Doomworld" • "Aruba"|