Barry has his hands full when he takes on a dangerous meta who can control technology, while also confronting an obstacle in his personal life: the ramifications of abandoning Iris for six months to balance the Speed Force. Meanwhile, Gypsy breaches in for a hot date with Cisco, but she gets annoyed when his work keeps them apart.
- The scene with Barry dancing in his briefs while preparing breakfast is a reference to the dance scene performed by Tom Cruise in Risky Business.
- Barry watches a sped-up version of all of his favorite shows in order to catch up. Amongst these shows includes Jon Snow from the TV series Game of Thrones dying and coming back to life, which occurred in the episodes "Mother's Mercy" and "Home", respectively.
- Cisco likens Deacon's revenge spree to Richard Hendricks from the TV series Silicon Valley killing everyone in his company, Pied Piper. Barry suggests that he's more like Bertram Gilfoyle, though Cisco believes him to be more Erlich Bachman than Gilfoyle.
- Cisco uses the expletive "frak" from the Battlestar Galactica franchise when Deacon locks him out of his own programming.
- When Barry and Iris said the names of the people they lost, one of the names Iris mentioned was Laurel. However, Iris never met Laurel on-screen.
- Cisco mentions how Earth Nineteen has Saint Shaquille O'Neal's Day, referencing the popular retired basketball player.
- At Sharon Finkel's office, Barry finds a newspaper article that reports about the discovery that Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow. This is a reference to the twist at the end of the Arrow episode "Fallout" (which aired one week before this episode), when there was a report on the news about the discovery.
- The video game being played by Sheila Agnani before Tim Kwon enters the room was Dying Light.
- DeVoe claims to have completed Schubert's unfinished eighth symphony.
- Barry's HUD display is brought up by lenses that go on his eyes. In the comics, when Wally was the Flash, he also had lenses similar to this. However they were white.
- This is the fourth episode of the series not to feature Tom Cavanagh.
- In Barry's new Flash suit, there is a feature called Babel protocol, which is a self-destruct mode created by Cisco, defending its creation on the grounds that they have already faced one evil version of Barry. This could be an Easter egg reference to the popular storyline JLA: Tower of Babel, in which Batman is revealed to have studied the weaknesses of his teammates, including Flash, and planned methods to take down each of them, in case they went rogue (in Batman's case, his protocol for stopping the Flash was a 'vibro-bulllet' fired at Wally West that caused him to experience seizures at lightspeed).
- Iris' "We are The Flash" line would eventually be used as the title to the fourth season finale.
- ↑ The Flash - Episode 4.02 - Mixed Signals - Promos, Sneak Peeks, Inside The Episode, Promotional Photos & Press Release - SpoilerTV
|The Flash season 4|
|"" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|