- For the titular town, see Midvale (location).
Kara and Alex head home to Midvale for a little R&R. While there, Kara recalls a painful memory of a childhood friend’s death and how that traumatic experience brought the Danvers sisters closer together.
- As of this episode, Kara is the only character to appear in every episode as this is the first episode in which Winn does not appear.
- This is the first episode in which the Supergirl suit does not appear.
- This episode features the smallest main cast of any episode of the series at three.
- While in Alura's form, J'onn uses the pseudonym Noel Neill. The name references the actress who portrayed Lois Lane in the 1948 serial Superman and 1950 serial Atom Man vs. Superman, in addition to in the TV series Adventures of Superman. Neill also made appearances in the TV series Superboy (as Alexis), the 1978 film Superman (as Ella Lane), and in the 2006 film Superman Returns (as Gertrude Vanderworth).
- Kara mentioned Clark's friend Chloe, who is a computer hacker who has a "Wall of Weird", referencing Chloe Sullivan from the 2001 TV series Smallville.
- Young Kara notes that Kryptonian children were doing Calculus work by the age of 4.
- In a continuity error, the flashback notes it was 10 years prior to the episode. However, young Kara was age 15 at the time, and adult Kara was age 25 in the first season episode "Pilot". This should note the flashback as 12 years ago.
- After Kenny is shot, Jake exclaims "oh my god, they killed Kenny", referencing the popular recurring phrase from the TV series South Park.
|Supergirl season 3|
|"Girl of Steel" • "Triggers" • "Far From the Tree" • "The Faithful" • "Damage" • "Midvale" • "Wake Up" • "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 1" • "Reign" • "Legion of Super-Heroes" • "Fort Rozz" • "For Good" • "Both Sides Now"|
|"Schott Through The Heart" • "In Search of Lost Time" • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA|