In flashbacks, the Thinker observes Becky Sharpe, a woman with seemingly unending bad luck, and determines that she will be easily manipulated. In the present, Becky robs a bank, and gets away when Barry slips on marbles.
Harry arrives from Earth-2, and tells Wally that Jesse has decided to break up, (through the use of an atlantean breakup cube) in order to focus on her vigilantism.
Cisco deduces that Becky is a metahuman with the power of favorable luck while inducing misfortune to others. Barry realizes that the portal he used to escape the Speed Force exposed an entire busload of people, including Becky and Deacon, to transformative dark matter.
Harry informs Cisco that Jesse has expelled him from her crime-fighting team due to his attitude. Becky's powers expand out of control, reactivating the particle accelerator, which Harry deliberately allows, nullifying Becky's powers and leading to her incarceration.
Cisco and Harry identify twelve new metahumans created on the bus, and the latter suspects that an unknown party has manipulated events surrounding Barry's return.
Wally decides to leave on a journey to find himself following his breakup with Jesse.
The Thinker is revealed to be one step ahead of Team Flash as it is shown that he has been spying on S.T.A.R. Labs through the "Samuroid" helmet.
Back at Joe's house, he learns that Cecile is pregnant.
- The title is a reference to the song of the same name, featured in the musical Guys and Dolls. The song played in the episode as well, as sung by Frank Sinatra.
- During a game of laser skirmish, Cisco yells "you have failed this city", the former catchphrase of the Arrow.
- The breakup cube is made of Atlantean plastic, a reference to Atlantis, the home of DC superhero Aquaman.
- Harry Wells is stated to have "total recall", even though he has forgotten things in the past before.
- When the plumber goes to describe the house, Joe suggests the word "bitchin'", a throwback to the season premiere in which they decode a message from an entranced Barry that seemingly says "this house is bitchin'".
- Wally leaves Central City in this episode
- The sequence with the airplane and the geese and the old man is reference to Chesley Sullenberger and the US Airways Flight 1549.
- Becky's blackjack dealer outfit is a reference to Hazard's suit in the DC Comics.
|The Flash season 4|
|"The Flash Reborn" • "Mixed Signals" • "Luck Be a Lady" • "Elongated Journey Into Night" • "Girls Night Out" • "When Harry Met Harry..." • "Therefore I Am" • "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 3" • "Don't Run" • "The Trial of The Flash" • "The Elongated Knight Rises" • "Honey, I Shrunk Team Flash" • "True Colors" • "Subject 9" • "Enter Flashtime" • "Run, Iris, Run"|
|"Null and Annoyed" • "Lose Yourself" • "Fury Rogue" • "Therefore She Is" • TBA • TBA • TBA|