- "Holy crap, I've made out with the Flash!"
- —Linda Park to Barry Allen after he revealed he is the Flash.[src]
Linda Park is a sports journalist for Central City Picture News, and former news reporter for KSFZ Channel 8. She is also the ex-girlfriend/friend of Barry Allen. As part of a failed plan to capture "Zoom", Linda also briefly masqueraded as Dr. Light, her Earth Two counterpart.
Working for KSFZ Channel 8
Dating Barry Allen
After Barry Allen and an intoxicated Caitlin Snow performed a duet at a bar, Linda Park complimented Barry's singing. She then gave Barry her number and told him he could do what he wished with her number. Later on, she was picked up by Barry Allen at the Central City Picture News headquarters for a lunch date. Afterwards, they went on another date for spicy tacos, which Barry has little tolerance for. On their third date, Linda cancelled Barry's plans to go out in favor of simply making out with him in his living room; both of them ended up shirtless, though Linda kept her bra on. During their make out session, Barry briefly vibrated due to his increased heartbeat. Enjoying the feeling, Linda asked him to whatever it was again. However, Barry was called away to perform some duties as The Flash. Linda, unaware of this, believing he still harbored feelings for Iris, decided to end things, only for Barry to prove his worth by threatening to eat a very spicy pepper (referencing to their second date) if she didn't agree to go out with him. Barry eventually decides to break up with Linda after he finds out that Iris loves him (though his relationship didn't kick off due to his time travel).
Meeting her Earth-2 counterpartDr. Light attacks her workplace and everyone escapes except for her, Iris, and Eric. The villain tells Linda of her plan to kill her and take over her life. Eric tries to stop her but Dr. Light accidentally kills him in the process. Iris shoots off Dr. Light's mask revealing herself to look exactly like Linda, who escapes shortly after. Linda is shaken that someone who looks like her wanted to kill her and murdered her boss, but is thankful for Iris' intervention. She is taken into police custody by Patty Spivot until the Flash captures her villainous counterpart.
After Dr. Light escaped from the The Pipeline by hijacking the security systems, Barry devised a plan to have Linda pose as Dr. Light and pretend to kill The Flash in an effort to trick Zoom into emerging from the breach where he could be captured by the team. Donning Dr. Light's suit, helmet and gloves created by Cisco Ramon to simulate Light's powers, she was trained to practice her accuracy by shooting cardboard cutouts of The Flash. Having doubts about her abilities to pull off the plan, Barry visited her and motivated her that she could do it and that he believed in her, before removing his mask and revealing himself as The Flash, leaving her stunned. Flash and "Dr. Light" managed to successfully pull off acting like Light and removed Barry's emblem, throwing it through the breach. Zoom, onto their plan, failed to show up and later captured Linda at Central City Picture News and took her to the roof of S.T.A.R. Labs, where he tossed her off but she was saved when Barry rotated his arms to create wind tunnels and slow her fall and she was told to run. To protect her from Zoom and Dr. Light, Linda relocated to Coast City with a friend for the time being. It's apparent she move there for good even though the threat of Zoom being after her is gone as nobody mentioned her being being back in the city although it's unknown if post Flashpoint reality played a part in this.
Linda is shown to be outgoing. She is also very fast in relationships and dating as she was already making out with Barry on their second date when Barry had made plans for them to go out. Linda is also shown to be very emotionally mature and understanding, accepting that Barry's romantic feelings are still towards Iris and ultimately she had a very civil and friendly break-up with him. She is also now good friends with Iris and has been shown to highly respect her as a writer. She is also shown to be very brave as she agreed to The Flash's plan for her to masquerade as her Earth Two counterpart to lure out Zoom, despite the risk.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Linda Park is the love interest of Wally West, the third Flash.
- Linda Park was originally simply an Easter egg in the Arrow episode, "". Played by Olivia Cheng, she was seen on Barry Allen's Central City Police Department laboratory television, reporting on the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator disaster. Since that scene was crucial to the plot of The Flash pilot, Cheng's Arrow scenes were reprised in that initial episode of The Flash and then again in an Arrow season 5 episode as part of a flashback. Technically then, Cheng never filmed scenes specifically for The Flash. As the first season of The Flash progressed, the producers decided to bring back the character as the fourth leg of the "love rectangle" also involving Barry, Iris and Eddie. This time, the character wasn't a television reporter, but instead a print sports reporter. According to actor Malese Jow in a February 2015 interview, the casting and character change was something "we don't really clarify". And because Cheng was really "the Arrow Park", Jow correctly implied that her version of the character was "The Flash Park".
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ Ng, Philiana. "Barry Allen, Meet Linda Park! 'The Flash' Star on Their Intriguing New Romance". etonline.com. 3 February 2015
|Other Versions of Linda Park|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth Name below for that earth's counterpart of Linda Park.|
|Earth: One• Two|