- "They'll be safe here, I promise."
"I know. Thanks, Mum."
- —Rip Hunter thanks his past caretaker
The team is targeted by The Pilgrim, a deadly assassin who wants to erase the Legends from the timeline by killing their younger, non-superhero selves. As a protective countermeasure, Rip decides Sara, Snart, Rory, Professor Stein and Jax need to kidnap their past selves first before The Pilgrim gets to them (Rip and Kendra are safe as Rip's past is a mystery and Kendra's ability to reincarnate makes killing her relatively pointless, and the only 'safe' point for the Pilgrim to attack Ray occurs when he is an adult and able to defend himself). Coming face-to-face with the younger versions of themselves proves to be both a physical and emotional challenge for certain members of the team who would rather forget their past. Rip tells them he has a refuge for their precious cargo – an orphanage that raises future Time Masters and where he himself grew up.
- "I just pulled younger me's head out of his ass."
"I doubt it will stick."
- —Jax helps Mick see that some things cannot be changed
Preparation ran from January 25 until February 2, 2016. Shooting ran from February 3 until February 16, 2016.
- At approximately 31:24, The Pilgrim is holding a multi-functional mouse as a controller.
- Rip points out that he is safe due to his original name not being known to the Time Masters, thus they cannot track him. Kendra is not targeting as killing her is pointless, due to reincarnation.
- Although never seen, Anna Lorging and Golden Glider,Clarissa Stein were kidnapped as well.
- Interestingly, the Pilgrim goes after the teenage versions of Mick, Sara and a version of Ray before he became The Atom while targeting Jax and Snart as newborns. It's likely she chose the later method as the Legends were able to get their past selves to run to safety on the Waverider.
- The combined powers of Firestorm, the Heat Gun, the Cold Gun, the A.T.O.M. Exosuit and Rip's pistol are capable of reducing a target to nothing but smoking ash.
- They technically shouldn't have had anything happen to them because the idea of an assassin going back to kill them would be the grandfather paradox but instead of killing their grandfather, the assassin killed them. If the young versions of themselves died the assassin in the future would have no reason to go back in time to kill them.
- ↑ An Assassin Targets the Team In New "Legends of Tomorrow" Synopsis - Comic Book Resources
- ↑ Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) - Twitter
|DC's Legends of Tomorrow season 1|
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • ""|