Katie McGrath is an Irish actress. She portrays Lena Luthor in a recurring role in the second and in a series regular role in the third season of Supergirl. She will return as a series regular in the fourth season.
Before acting, Katie McGrath wanted to work in fashion journalism.
McGrath was cast in Damage, an Irish TV-movie in 2007. She also starred in Bedrock Production's play La Marea at the Dublin Theatre Festival 2007.
In 2008 through 2012, McGrath starred as Morgana Pendragon in British fantasy-adventure Merlin.
Katie McGrath also starred in a five-part docudrama for Channel 4, exploring the life of Queen Elizabeth II, in which she played a young Princess Margaret.
In 2010, McGrath was cast in Madonna's directorial debut W.E., a King Edward VIII biopic. It was later revealed that McGrath is to play Lady Thelma Furness, the king's former mistress who introduces him to Wallis Simpsons .
In February 2011, McGrath began filming the comedy-drama film A Princess for Christmas in Romania.
In September 2011, McGrath started voice recording for a character in an upcoming animated short film Trìd an Stoirm. Later that month, McGrath was cast as Oriane in Labyrinth, a three-part series based on the 2005 novel of the same name, due to air in 2012.
In February 2013, McGrath portrayed Lucy Westenra in an upcoming television drama called Dracula , based on the classic novel of the same name by Bram Stoker.
In 2016, McGrath starred in Slasher a Canadian horror anthology about a woman who moves back into the house her parents were murdered in and someone named "The Executioner" starts terrorizing the town.
In March 2017, it was announced McGrath had been made a series regular for Supergirl's third season.
Awards and Nominations
- Nominated for the Virgin Media TV Award in the category of Best Actress, and Hottest Female for her role of Morgana in Merlin, December 2011.
- Won the Virgin Media TV Award in the category of Best Baddy for her role of Morgana in Merlin, December 2011.
- Nominated for the National TV Awards 2012, in the category of Best Drama Performance for her role of Morgana in Merlin.
- Nominated for the 51st Monte Carlo Television Festival in the category of Outstanding Actress/Drama for her role of Morgana in Merlin, Monaco June 2011.
- Nominated for the 49th Monte Carlo Television Festival in the category of Best Actress for her role of Morgana in Merlin, Monaco June 2009.
- Won the 2012 Anglo Fan Favourites in the Woman's category against Helena Bonham-Carter and many other favourable women.
- Her favourite jewellery item is her great-grandmother's gold watch chain which she wears all the time.
- Katie's past jobs include working in a piercing studio and in a cocktail bar.
- She has a tattoo on her back that says Purity, which is her name in Greek.
- Katie has several piercings in her ears, 12 in total. 8 in her right and 4 in her left.
- She has worked for a fashion magazine and in the costume department of The Tudors.
- She claims to be a big comic-geek.
- She never aspired to become an actress but rather it was recommended for her when she was working crew on The Tudors.
- Her favourite bands are Violent Femmes and Guns 'N Roses.
- Graduated in history from Trinity College in Dublin
- Katie was in the debating society in school, she was the president.
- She has two older brothers called Sean and Rory.
- She is a fan of the Firefly TV series
- She is a fan of the Transformers franchise.
- She is a fan of the Star Wars franchise.
- at the