John Wesley Shipp (born January 22, 1955) is an American actor. He portrayed Henry Allen in a recurring role in the first three seasons of The Flash, and Jay Garrick/The Flash in the second and third seasons.
- Shipp along with the Arrow actors Colton Haynes and JR Bourne and the Supergirl actor Tyler Hoechlin appeared in the TV show Teen Wolf.
- Archive footage of Shipp playing Barry Allen from the 1990s series can be seen on another Earth in "Welcome to Earth-2".
- Although Shipp portrayed Jay Garrick/The Flash, it is unknown who portrayed the character (as the "Man in the Iron Mask") in previous episodes.
- Shipp portraying Barry Allen/The Flash in the 1990 series of the same name, while having portrayed the father of Barry Allen/The Flash in the 2014 series of the same name is parallel to how Helen Slater portrayed Kara Zor-El/Supergirl in the 1984 film of the same name, but currently plays the mother of Supergirl in the current "Supergirl" series, which is linked to the current Flash series via shared multiverse.
- Ironically, both actors' character's direct relation as well as their role and involvement in their superhero children's' lives are quite opposite. Henry Allen is Barry Allen's biological father and was wrongfully arrested when Barry was a child, which led to Barry growing up without him and could never see him outside of visits to his prison, until he was finally released. Eliza Danvers on the other hand is Kara Danvers' adoptive mother who Kara spent most of her life with (if one doesn't count the 24 years she spent sleeping in the Phantom Zone), and heavily influenced Kara's upbringing and blending into the human lifestyle.
- Ironically, Shipp also provided the voice for Eobard Thawne in the animated series Batman: The Brave and the Bold.