- "Well, you guys are a special kind of stupid."
- —Jeremy Tell to Team Arrow[src]
Stint with H.I.V.E.
Jeremy was hired by Mina Fayad to help deal with the vigilante situation in Star City. When Mina Fayad presented Jeremy Tell to Damien Darhk, Darhk was skeptical on Jeremy. Jeremy proved himself by killing a "ghost" with tattoos that turned into cards. Jeremy said that killing the "ghost" was free but killing the Green Arrow was going to cost.
Jeremy faked a robbery situation to lure Green Arrow. He shocked Green Arrow when he peeled cards from his skin and hurled them toward him. The two engage in a brief battle where Tell managed to hit Green Arrow in an arm.
After failing to kill Green Arrow, Jeremy Tell was threatened by Damien Darhk. Darhk told Jeremy to kill him, though Jeremy was shocked when Darhk has powers of his own. After Darhk killed Mina Fayad with his card, Darhk hurled the card toward Jeremy, stopping just before it pierced his neck, telling him that demonstration was for him.
Jeremy went to Palmer Technologies and told Felicity Smoak and Curtis Holt that the first person who could tell him where Green Arrow is could live. After the two managed to flee, Jeremy found them in the Arrowcave beneath Palmer Technologies. While hurling cards around the Arrowcave, Jeremy was shot in the shoulder by Felicity, and he fled.
Jeremy decided to flee back to Central City but was intercepted by Spartan and Green Arrow. Jeremy hurled cards at the two but was quickly subdued. Spartan demanded that Jeremy tell him more about H.I.V.E. but Jeremy told him that he didn't scare Jeremy half as much as Darhk. Tell managed to hurl a card at Spartan while subdued, but Green Arrow took the hit. Jeremy was then hit by Spartan several times, and presumably knocked unconscious. Jeremy was then brought to Iron Heights Prison and locked in the meta-human wing.
Powers and abilities
- Meta-human physiology: After Jeremy was struck by the energy of the Particle Accelerator explosion, this altered his DNA and supercharged his cells, augmenting his physiology into beyond peak human condition.
- Substance creation: Jeremy is capable of creating playing cards from the tattoos on his skin, with another tattooed card appearing in its place as soon as he peels one from his skin. The cards have been shown to cut quite easily through skin and even steel. The cards contain motor proteins, proprioreceptors, magnetite, and a neural net. Magnetite is also the key component in tattoo ink, as Tell was getting tattoos during the particle accelerator explosion. While it is also able to guide the internal compass of birds, specifically homing pigeons, it is therefore possible to use the magnetite in the card to locate Tell, though he could also track his cards much faster than anyone could track him with them.
- Expert marksman/Card thrower: Jeremy is able to quickly throw cards with exceptional precision.
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant: During his fight with Green Arrow, Jeremy was able to defend himself long enough to create distance and use his cards again.
Behind the scenes
- In DC Comics Double Down is an enemy of the Flash. Instead of being a mutated meta-human, his origin is that of a gambler and a conman who was affected with the mystical powers of his cursed deck of cards.