- "No one could find trouble faster than your father. Literally."
- —John Constantine to Liv Aberdine.[src]
In his teenage years, Jasper met a teenage girl at a concert, and they had a one-night stand, when he discovered that he accidentally got that girl pregnant with his child, he was forced to reluctantly keep his distance from his daughter, Liv Aberdine, in order to protect her from supernatural forces. Despite this, Jasper had secretly kept an eye on Liv, watching her grow up from a distance, even taking photos of his daughter without her knowing.
At some point, Jasper met and became good friends with John Constantine. Prior to his death, he made John promise; that if his daughter Liv Aberdine was ever attacked by supernatural forces, John would give her the keys to his (Jasper's) house. A year before Liv was attacked by the demon Furcifer, Jasper was killed (presumably) by a demon.
Powers and abilities
- Visions: Jasper was able to see the dead, this power was passed down to his daughter, Liv Aberdine.
- Divination: Jasper was practicing seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means.
- Occult knowledge: Jasper possessed a great knowledge of the occult.
- Cartography: Jasper taught himself cartography.
- Crossbow: Jasper had a crossbow.
- Artifacts: Jasper had stashed lots of artifacts in his house.
- Skull-shaped box: Among the other artifacts there was a distinctive box in the shape of a skull.
- Golden helmet: Among the other artifacts there was a distinctive golden helmet.
- "Non Est Asylum" (vision)
- "A Feast of Friends" (mentioned)
- "The Rage of Caliban" (mentioned)
- "The Saint of Last Resorts: Part Two" (mentioned)
- "A Whole World Out There" (mentioned)
- "Angels and Ministers of Grace" (mentioned)
Behind the scenes
- In the DC Comics a character named Baron Winters is also a mysterious occultist affiliated with John Constantine, whose house was a mysterious place full of magical artifacts, albeit, he was never a member of Newcastle Crew. Jasper appears to be loosely based on Baron and also resembles him physically, although the look is modernized.