An unknown person nicknamed "Jack the Ripper" was a serial killer in 1800's operating in Victorian London.
In 2013 after Clifford DeVoe gained meta-human power of accelerated thinking, his wife Marlize DeVoe asked him who Jack the Ripper was. After pointing at Kosminski, DeVoe shared his own masterfully crafted theory that the Ripper was Catharine Jewell, Kosminski's nurse at Colney Hatch Asylum.
- Advanced surgery: Jack the Ripper was a very skilled surgeon.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Behind the scenes
- In real life Jack the Ripper was an infamous serial killer known for a loosely connected string of murders committed in Whitechapel, a district in London in late 1800's. While never convicted or caught, one of the fewer known non-speuclative facts about that person is that he indeed had some medical background due to victims being surgically dissected.
- There are numerous versions of Jack the Ripper character in DC Comics, main one being posessed by demon Calibraxis.
- In some cases Vandal Savage himself is heavily hinted to be the one behind at least some of the Whitechapel murders, most known example being in DCU Villains Secret Files and Origins #1.
- In Smallville TV series (also by CW) Curtis Knox, a character based on Vandal Savage was Jack the Ripper. Earth One version of Vandal Savage used Curtis Knox as alias, further cementing the conncetion.