Isabel Rochev (died May 2014) was the vice president of acquisitions at Stellmoor International and later the CEO of Queen Consolidated. She was on "The List" and was also revealed to be a partner of Slade Wilson. She was also a member of the Church of Blood, and of Slade Wilson's army.
Isabel Rochev was born in Moscow, Russia and raised there until she was 9 years old, when she was adopted by a family and moved to America. She had trouble making friends in school because of her accent, which she says took years to eliminate. Isabel eventually went to business school, which lead to interning at Queen Consolidated. She caught the eye of CEO Robert Queen, who started cheating on his wife Moira with her. The affair went on so long that Robert was even going to leave the company, Moira, their son Oliver, and Robert's legal daughter Thea, who was really the daughter of Malcolm Merlyn. When Thea fell off her horse Robert went to check on her the day they were planning to leave. Isabel begged Robert not to, as Thea wasn't his own, but Robert assured her that they would leave the next day. However Isabel's internship was canceled and Robert never spoke to her again. She also became vice-president of Stellmoor International. During her time at Stellmoor, Rochev consistently bought up Queen Consolidated holdings whenever possible in an attempt to damage the company.
Allying Slade Wilson
Isabel, still resentful of Robert Queen, became associated with Slade Wilson who trained her in the art of combat, in a process which she says almost killed her, but her desire for revenge against Robert's family kept her going. Slade began Isabel's training in a warehouse in Central City, at first training her with sticks as he had with Oliver on Lian Yu. When Isabel told Slade she believed she was ready to use real swords, Slade agreed and dueled her briefly, cutting her several times and leaving her lying in a pool of her own blood. When Oliver left Starling City after failing to stop Malcolm Merlyn's Undertaking, Slade planted Isabel in Queen Consolidated to take it over, in order to draw Oliver back.
Revenge on the Queens
When Queen Consolidated started plummeting, Isabel attempted a hostile takeover of the company. Having already bought 45% of the company's shares, she mentioned her wish to Oliver Queen of buying out the last 10%, effectively having power over the company. However, her plan was derailed when Oliver was able to get 5% thanks to support from Walter Steele, as did Isabel, thus making them equal partners. Oliver was warned by his mother not to trust her, believing her to be dangerous.
Isabel was present at a party awaiting Oliver to arrive. When he finally does arrive, she comments on how there is blood on his face and then tells him how being late at his club was okay but not as CEO. Later, she was with Sebastian Blood when Oliver introduced them, though she called herself Oliver's superior, he says they are partners, to which she responded with "only on paper". She then argued with Oliver about sponsoring a "Guns for Cash" charity drive.
When Oliver Queen, Felicity Smoak and John Diggle traveled to Moscow, secretly on a quest to break Lyla Michaels from the Koshmar prison, Isabel followed them, pretending that she thought that her rival is going on a business trip announced. She and Oliver talked over drinks, discussing their shared history in Russia and talking over the past. She had a one-off affair with Oliver while in Moscow.
Later on she strongly opposed the return of Moira Queen to Queen Consolidated, claiming that it will send a bad message to the investors and the city. She believes herself right when Oliver's welcome back party for Moira turns out unsuccessful. Moira implies that Oliver working with Isabel shows that he is not a good judge of character, reaffirming her suspicions.
Having to concentrate on the threat of Deathstroke, Oliver temporarily appointed Isabel as CEO after Thea was kidnapped. Isabel seized the opportunity to call an emergency board meeting, and convinced the board members to make her appointment permanent. Oliver confronted her, learning that she was working with Slade the whole time, and only bought part of the shares of Queen Consolidate to draw Oliver back to Starling City. When Oliver asked about her motives, Isabel revealed that she had a connection to Oliver's father, but attacked him before going any further, yet revealing Thea's location. In a meeting with Deathstroke and Sebastian Blood, she stated that she is applying all of Queen Consolidated's resources towards mass-producing the Mirakuru for Slade Wilson's army.
Meeting Oliver Queen again, now as an enemy, Isabel revealed her relationship with Robert Queen to Oliver. She told him that they were going to leave everything behind and run away together, but after Thea Queen fell off a horse, Robert decided to stay with his family despite knowing that Thea was actually Malcolm Merlyn's daughter, and then terminated Isabel's internship at Queen Consolidated, ending the relationship. Isabel then attempted to shoot Oliver, before being shot by John Diggle twice in the chest. Isabel later awakened after being injected with the Mirakuru and receiving a blood transfusion from Slade himself.
Diggle and Felicity became concerned as to why the press hasn't mentioned Isabel's death, still believing in her apparent demise.
Isabel attended the reception service of Moira's funeral, after she was murdered by Slade, and revealed to Diggle and Felicity that they will be Slade's next targets. Isabel later met with Thea to tell her that her club is part of Queen Consolidated and she must vacate the facility within a few days. Oliver, who was already aware of her survival, called her to tell Slade that he is giving up. Later Isabel, as Ravager, attacked Diggle who was attempting to plant bombs around a bridge leg to crush Slade's army beneath ground, and told him that she was eager for revenge.
Fighting Diggle, Isabel demanded the location of Felicity Smoak, eager to kill her. The brawl was stopped when she was hit by Felicity's van, allowing the vigilantes to escape while Isabel struggled to stand up. She later observed the destruction of Starling City together with Slade from Queen Consolidated and witnessed Sebastian and Slade's argument regarding the city's survival as part of the plan. Later, Isabel was tasked to kill Sebastian after he gave the Mirakuru cure to Oliver, stabbing Sebastian Blood with both of her swords.
Finally, at Queen Consolidated, Isabel and some of Slade's soldiers stood guard, expecting a fight against the Arrow and the Canary, but were also faced with the League of Assassins led by Nyssa al Ghul. Isabel fought Sara and Nyssa but was overwhelmed. As she boasted about how she took Felicity to Oliver, Nyssa snapped her neck, killing her.
After Adrian Chase was exposed as Prometheus after months of acting as Oliver's friend and the city's district attorney, Oliver reflected to Thea that Chase's deception made Isabel's seem like a bad joke.
Isabel was a driven and determined woman, but she stated that she was lonely. She was also impressed with Oliver when he stood up to protect his family's company, despite the rumors of Oliver being a lazy, rowdy rich boy (however it was later revealed that Isabel was aware that Oliver is not a lazy, rowdy rich boy; she learned this through Slade). She took her job at Queen Consolidated very seriously and was highly annoyed when Oliver kept missing meetings and didn't put all his focus on his job.
Isabel was obsessed with revenge on the Queen family because of Robert's jilting her, she blamed Thea for breaking up her relationship with Robert, claiming that they were "soulmates" and that he would have run away with her and left his family behind, if not for Thea when she fell off her horse and injured herself. To this end, Isabel teamed up with Slade Wilson and trained hard to gain his trust, including training that she claimed almost killed her. She proved her worth so much so that she was even entrusted with the Arrow's secret.
Though it was only Robert who betrayed Isabel, according to Moira Queen, Isabel was a dangerous and untrustworthy individual, willing to betray even those who have shown her kindness. She was also quite immoral, because although she knew Slade planned to destroy Starling City, she didn't care as long as she got to take revenge on Robert's family.
Powers and abilities
- Enhanced physical condition: Isabel received Mirakuru by a blood transfusion from Slade. Her physical capacity was increased in terms of stamina, strength, durability and reflexes, in addition to an accelerated healing factor (the latter of which appeared to save her life after being shot). She also survived being run over by a van.
- Enhanced strength: Due to the Mirakuru serum, Isabel was much stronger than a normal human.
- Enhanced speed: Due to the Mirakuru serum, Isabel was able to move much faster than a normal human.
- Enhanced durability: Due to the Mirakuru serum, Isabel was able to take more damage than a normal human. After Felicity Smoak ran over her with a van, she quickly recovered and showed no signs of being damaged.
- Enhanced reflexes: Due to the Mirakuru serum, Isabel was able to react much faster than a normal human.
- Enhanced stamina: Due to the Mirakuru serum, which reduces the effects of fatigue, Isabel could exert herself at peak energy capacity greater than any normal human could.
- Accelerated healing factor: Thanks to the Mirakuru serum, Isabel was able to heal much faster than a normal human. She was shot by John Diggle twice, but after being injected with the Mirakuru serum, her gunshot wounds completely healed, and after Felicity ran over Isabel with a van, she quickly healed from her injuries.
- Skilled combatant: Isabel had some training in combat, due to the fact that she was brutally trained by Slade Wilson, as she mentioned and displayed when she briefly fought Oliver Queen. However, she was nowhere near as skilled as Oliver or Slade, as Oliver easily defeated her twice.
- Bilingual: As a native Russian, Isabel speaks that language fluently, in addition to English. She reveals that when she took up English, it took her a while for her Russian accent to disappear.
- Ravager suit: Isabel wore a leather suit as her supervillainess alter-ego, Ravager, to hide her identity from her victims. It is a suit similar to Slade's Deathstroke suit. It was most likely given to her by Slade after he injected her with the Mirakuru.
- Ravager mask: Isabel wore a mask as her supervillainess alter-ego Ravager, to hide her identity from her victims. It is visually similar to the Deathstroke mask, however the colors are inverted, has a rounder shape and her nose and mouth are visible.
- Customized swords: Isabel used customized dual swords, similar in appearance to those used by Slade on Lian Yu.
- Sidearm: Isabel carried a sidearm on her right leg.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Isabel Rochev was an enemy of Green Arrow's, called The Queen. As in the show, she had a connection with Robert Queen and came to take over his company after his death, believing she had been his soulmate.
- In "", Isabel wears a specially-made Deathstroke-like mask and suit which is extremely reminiscent of the DC comic book villain, Ravager, the identity of Rose Wilson, the daughter of Slade Wilson. Isabel and Rose also share the Ravager alias, which Isabel was officially given in promotional material and the novel Arrow: Vengeance.