Sometime after March 18, 2000, Henry Allen was incarcerated in Iron Heights after being wrongfully convicted for the murder of his wife. He was regularly visited by his son Barry Allen and friend Joe West many times while serving out his sentence.
Later that same year, Oliver was held in the penitentiary after being accused of being the vigilante, The Hood, and he subsequently took a polygraph test in an attempt to prove his innocence. He was later set free when John Diggle masqueraded as The Hood while Oliver held a party at the Queen Mansion.
In 2016, Damien Darhk was held in Iron Heights, until with the help of Malcolm Merlyn and Andy Diggle escaped along with many other inmates including Michael Amar, Danny Brickwell, Noah Kuttler, and Cooper Seldon, during the chaos Darhk ended up killing Laurel Lance, The Black Canary.
After Barry and Cisco beat the Rival, he was taken to Iron Heights and put in a cell in the meta-human wing. That night, Alchemy scolded him for his failure, and then Savitar entered the cell and killed him.
- Gregory Wolfe (warden; deceased)
- Claire Abbott
- Onyx Adams
- Michael Amar/Murmur
- Anthony Bellows
- Lyle Bolton
- Danny Brickwell/Brick
- Jason Brodeur
- Laura Buser/Bonesy
- Zoey Clark/Prank
- Lucious Coolidge/Heat Monger
- Jeff Deveau
- Eric Dunn/Lead Skull
- James Edlund
- Alex Faust
- Randall Hode
- John James
- Bartek Kuranski
- Simon Lacroix/Komodo
- Lonnie Machin/Anarky
- Jared Morillo/Plunder
- Chien Na Wei/China White
- Calvin Nico
- Winnick Norton/The Dodger
- Greg Osborne
- Warren Patel
- Kyle Reston/Ace
- Mrs. Reston/Queen
- Teddy Reston/Jack
- Martin Somers
- Clay Stanley
- Marcus Stockheimer
- William Tockman/Clock King
- Hoshaw Tolibao/Brother Hoshaw
- Cyrus Vanch
- Anthony Venza
- Axel Walker/The Trickster
- Liza Warner
- Werner Zytle/Vertigo
- Most of Slade Wilson's army
- Shawna Baez/Peek-a-Boo
- Rosa Dillon/Top
- Adam Fells/Geomancer
- Mark Mardon/Weather Wizard
- Joseph Monteleone/Tar Pit
- Derek Sampson
- Sam Scudder/Mirror Master
- Jeremy Tell/Double Down
- Clive Yorkin
- Most of Zoom's meta-human group
- Cecil Adams/Count Vertigo (escaped; deceased)
- Barry Allen (released)
- Henry Allen (released; deceased)
- Kirby Bates (released; deceased)
- Frank Bertinelli (released; deceased)
- Helena Bertinelli/The Huntress (escaped)
- Mina Chaytan/Black Bison (meta-human wing; presumed deceased)
- Edward Clariss/The Rival (meta-human wing; deceased)
- Carrie Cutter/Cupid (recruited by A.R.G.U.S.)
- Damien Darhk (escaped)
- Ramsey Deacon/Kilg%re (meta-human wing; presumed deceased)
- Peter Declan (released; exonerated)
- John Diggle (released)
- Roy Harper (escaped; faked his death)
- James Jesse/The Trickster (escaped)
- Noah Kuttler/The Calculator (escaped)
- Quentin Lance (released)
- Brie Larvan/Bug-Eyed Bandit (released; hacked into the courts' computer system for an early release; comatose)
- Barton Mathis/The Dollmaker (escaped; deceased)
- Kyle Nimbus (escaped; legally deceased after failed execution)
- Clay Parker (escaped)
- Moira Queen (released; deceased)
- Oliver Queen (released)
- "Ripped" (escaped; decased)
- Sylbert Rundine/Dwarfstar (meta-human wing; presumed deceased)
- Mark Scheffer/Shrapnel (recruited by A.R.G.U.S.; deceased)
- Cooper Seldon (escaped; deceased)
- Becky Sharpe/Hazard (meta-human wing; escaped; body taken over by Clifford DeVoe)
- Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (escaped; deceased)
- Lewis Snart (escaped; deceased)
- Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger (recruited by A.R.G.U.S.; deceased)
- Bo Travis (deceased)
- David Ratchet (escaped with Barry Allen's aid)
Possible future inmates
- Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost (meta-human wing)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- "Blood Ties" (mentioned)
- "Doomworld" (mentioned)
The Flash: Season Zero
- "A Captive Audience" (indirectly mentioned)
- Iron Heights Prison is designed to hold the most dangerous criminals from Star City, Central City and Keystone City.
- According to Cisco Ramon, there is no prison that can hold Barry Allen, this implies that Iron Heights Prison's power-dampening tech has no effect on Barry's powers; due to him spending six months inside the Speed Force.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, when the Flash's enemies are arrested, they are frequently placed in Iron Heights Penitentiary.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Betrayal"
- ↑ "Pilot"
- ↑ "Things You Can't Outrun"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Damaged"
- ↑ "An Innocent Man"
- ↑ "City of Heroes"
- ↑ "Broken Dolls"
- ↑ "State v. Queen"
- ↑ "Family of Rogues"
- ↑ "Eleven-Fifty-Nine"
- ↑ "Monument Point"
- ↑ "Lost in the Flood"
- ↑ "Paradox"
- ↑ "Magenta"
- ↑ "Mixed Signals"
- ↑ "Luck Be a Lady"
- ↑ "The Elongated Knight Rises"