Imra was born in the 31st century, on Saturn's moon Titan. At some point, she met and married Mon-El, joining The Legion. While on a mission, they were transported through a wormhole, 12,000 years into the past. They put themselves into cryo-sleep, but were awoken in 2017 when a torpedo hit their ship.
Awaking in the 21st century
Due to the torpedo damaging their ship, Imra's chamber lost power. Frantic, an awake Mon-El attempted to break the glass, but it was too thick for him. Supergirl instead broke the glass and freed Imra, who flooded out and on to the ground. Mon-El found that she was still breathing, and the group traveled back to the D.E.O. to make sure Imra was okay. Once there, Mon-El revealed her identity. Later that night, Imra woke up and found Mon-El talking to Kara Danvers. Mon-El, elated that she was okay, kissed Imra in front of Kara and proclaimed that he was afraid that she was dead. Imra assured him of her survival, and he then introduced her to Kara, and told a confused and heartbroken Kara that Imra was his wife. Imra was surprised but happy to finally meet the Girl of Steel.
At the D.E.O. Imra explains how The Legion existed because Mon-El told stories of Kara and how she fought for people and reveals that she looks up to Kara for that reason. Due to being stuck in the 21st century, Imra and Mon-El hang out in National City. While searching for a mysterious Kryptonian, Imra offers to help and talks with Kara knowing that she used to date Mon-El and that it was hard for her to see him with someone else. After Supergirl's fight with Reign, Imra is seen checking on her and assures Mon-El that she'll be fine.
Not much is known about her personality, however, it is seen that Imra holds Supergirl in high regard, thanks to the inspirational tales told by her husband, Mon-El. She loves spending time with Mon-El be it outside the D.E.O. or during training. She also has a degree of emotional intelligence, being able to sense that Kara felt uncomfortable and hurt around her and Mon-El. She is shown to be kind and have good morals, convincing Mon-El to fight against Reign. She seems to be really friendly with The Legion and agents of the D.E.O.
Powers and abilities
- Superhuman strength (possibly): During her training session with Mon-El, when she punched his abdomen, he felt it and was in pain for a few seconds, suggesting she has some sort of superhuman strength able to affect a Daxamite.
- Telekinesis: As seen during her fight with Reign, Imra has telekinetic abilities. She displayed being able to carry various weights against Reign.
- Force-fields: During her fight with Reign, Imra is shown making a form of forcefield from her ability of telekinesis.
- Tactile Telekinesis (possibly): During her training session with Mon-El she was able to injure him with a punch, suggesting either super strength or a precise usage of her telekinesis to mimic it.
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant: Imra is an expert fighter, as seen when she sparring with Mon-El.
- Legion flight ring: Imra’s legion ring allows her to fly.
- Legion suit: Imra wears a protective suit during battle.
- "Wake Up"
- "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 1" (indirectly mentioned)
- "Legion of Super-Heroes"
- "Fort Rozz"
- "Both Sides Now"
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Imra Ardeen is a powerful telepath known as Saturn Girl, and a founding member of the Legion of Super-Heroes.
- While this version of Imra Ardeen is romantically involved with Mon-El, in the comics, Imra is usually involved with fellow Legion founder Garth Ranzz.