- "Ike ignored all the signs and waited until it was too late. I'm not gonna make that same mistake."
- —One of Ike's successors on his policy on Dominators[src]
Incursion of the Dominators
In 1951, the Dominators arrived to Earth on an expedition, alerted by the appearance of meta-humans among ranks of the Justice Society of America. Ike waited, refusing to attack the aliens, leading to their own attack on American soldiers at Redmond. With their superior weaponry, the Dominators killed many soldiers and abducted others. However, one of the aliens was taken prisoner by the NSA, but a time traveling Cisco Ramon and the Legends freed him.
The Cold War
During Ike's reign as the President of the United States, the country's relations with the Soviet Union worsened. After World War II, the alliance with the Soviet Union ended, and the nations continued fighting in the Cold War, as what was known as the "Iron Curtain" descended over Central and Eastern Europe. In 1956, President Eisenhower sent the Justice Society of America on a mission to Leipzig. The team never made it back. The only survivor was Todd Rice/Obsidian, who was excused from the team after claims that he can't be trusted, likely influenced by prejudice against Rice's homosexuality.
Eisenhower was a cautious man, refusing to act against the extraterrestrials he knew nothing about, which, unfortunately, led to the Dominators launching their own attack. He was also supposedly prejudiced against homosexual people, refusing to trust Todd Rice, despite him being a veteran member of the Justice Society.
Powers and abilities
- Leadership: Ike led the United States during harsh times of the Cold War against the Soviet Union.
- Military expertise: As a former member of the military, Ike personally commanded missions against the Nazis and the Soviets, including the final mission of the JSA.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- "Invasion!" (mentioned)
Behind the scenes
- In the real world, Dwight David "Ike" Eisenhower was the 34th President of the United States from 1953 until 1961. He was a five-star general in the United States Army during World War II and served as Supreme Commander of the Allied Expeditionary Forces in Europe. Eisenhower's main goals in office were to keep pressure on the Soviet Union and reduce federal deficits.
- In DC Comics, fictionalized versions of Dwight Eisenhower were depicted in multiple continuities, with his New Earth version having at least 21 appearances.