God, also known as the Lord or the Creator, is the supreme being, the ruler of Heaven and the embodiment of all that is holy. He is worshiped as the supreme deity in Judeo-Christian religions, such as the Catholic Church and the First Assembly of God.
Creations and rebels
God is the supreme being who created the universe before time began, and presumably the Multiverse. He also created archangels, millions of angels and humans. At some point, an archangel rebelled against God for unknown reasons, forcing God to banish him from Heaven to Hell; the archangel Satan became known as the First of the Fallen, or the Devil. The Devil's rebellion encouraged other beings who wished to become godlike in their own right, such as Lamashtu, Lillith and Pazuzu, who chose eternity as dark demon gods of Hell over a lifetime as humans. At some point,God send the Great Flood to destroy the sinful humans but John Constantine implied God did this to also struck down the La Brujeria,a group of chille warlocks known to wield magic that hasn't been seen since he turned on the lights,likely because God saw the Brujeria's magic as being too dangerous. God also had a son, Jesus Christ, who acted as an avatar of God on Earth, and whose birth, death and life were moments extremely important to the integrity of timeline, thus closed for time travelers to intervene with.
Currently God is worshiped by many beings and religious organizations, such as the Catholic Church and the First Assembly of God, and His name is even commonly invoked in statements of surprise and disbelief in universes such as Earth One, Earth Two, and Earth Thirty-Eight. He is also the source of light magic, answering prayers and giving divine power to invocations. For example, when Anne Marie Flynn invoked God's power to protect John Constantine from Pazuzu's possession, God has spread his protection upon John, allowing Anne Marie to banish Pazuzu to Hell in God's name.
Powers and abilities
- Omnipotence: God possesses absolute power and control over everything, and can achieve anything conceivable. He is easily unrivaled by anyone and anything. As the supreme being and the ruler of Heaven, God possesses omnipotent levels of supernatural powers, that far surpasses that of archangels, angels and demons, presumably Satan as well; presumably there is no celestial being that rivals or surpasses his powers, making him the most powerful being in the multiverse..
- Creation: God is so powerful that He was able to create archangels, millions of angels and humans.
- Dark magic: Although normally associated with dark mages, demons and the First of the Fallen, God is the primordial creator of both dark and light magic. According to John Constantine, he called on the disk's own dark magic when banishing the Devil's acetate, while the incantation contained a prayer to God and Jesus Christ.
- Dimensional travel: God is able to travel from Heaven to Earth, seemingly in no time at all.
- Divine power: God is able to grant powers to His followers and bestow protection upon humans, protecting John Constantine from Pazuzu at the behest of Anne Marie Flynn.
- Immortality: Due to him being the supreme being, God is beyond age and illness as well all forms of physical harm. So far no method has been said to be powerful enough to harm him. He is beyond the concepts of time, life and death.
- Light magic: As all magic is primordial, God is the creator of both light and dark magic.
- Omniscience: God is all-knowing and all-seeing.
- "The Brave and the Bold" (mentioned)
- "Green Arrow" (mentioned)
- "Invasion!" (mentioned)
- "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 2" (mentioned)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- "Mr. & Mrs. Mxyzptlk" (mentioned)
Behind the scenes
- Historically, God is considered to be the Supreme Being and the principal object of faith In monotheistic thought.
- In DC Comics there are multiple versions of God, main one in the current continuity sometimes known as The Presence.