- "We're gonna train you, man. "Karate Kid" style. Behold! I call him Girder."
- —Cisco Ramon on his creation[src]
Basic body on the robot is made of steel, mainly utilizing rivets but also some welding to hold the construction. Moving parts include two "arms" and a torso mechanism. 
In 2014, after Barry Allen was beaten by Tony Woodward, who used his meta-human powers, Cisco Ramon had built a robot overnight to train Barry. After a single training session it was obvious that robot, while a crude approximation of Woodward's powers was able to beat Allen just as effectively, demonstrating the flaw in the strategy.  In 2016 Girder robot was seen in S.T.A.R. Labs, located outside one of the rooms, in the corridor. 
- Physical fighting: Controlled by Cisco Ramon, Girder was able to beat Barry Allen, who was using his meta-human powers.
- In DC comics Girder is a nickname of Tony Woodward. While it was also used as such in the show, robot was the first entity nicknamed with this name by Cisco Ramon.
- Girder's design has visual similarities to Woodward's appearance in the comics.