Francisco Ramon (died February 9, 2016), known as Reverb, was a meta-human criminal from Earth Two who gained powers in understanding and manipulating vibrations of reality after the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator explosion. He was the right-hand man of Zoom and the brother of the late Dante Ramon/Rupture.
In late 2013, Francisco was affected by Harrison Wells' S.T.A.R. Labs' particle accelerator, gaining the abilities of precognition, seeing changes in the timeline and events in other dimensions, creating sonic blasts, and opening breaches. He used these powers for his own personal gain under the name "Reverb". Francisco's older brother Dante was also affected, becoming a criminal known as "Rupture", and the two committed a number of crimes together.
Francisco was eventually employed into the service of the meta-human criminal mastermind Zoom, becoming his right-hand man. Through him, Zoom monitored other worlds, gaining more insight and knowledge of his targets. Francisco was placed in charge of Zoom's lesser minions such as Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost and Ronnie Raymond/Deathstorm. However, he secretly desired to eliminate Zoom and rule Central City himself. Francisco soon learned of his Earth One doppelgänger Cisco Ramon/Vibe, but was disappointed to see that he wasted these powers on helping people rather than ruling over them and had not reached anywhere near full potential. Francisco was also associated with Laurel Lance/Black Siren, another high-ranking lieutenant of Zoom.
Hunting The Flash and meeting his doppelgängerIn early 2016, Francisco sensed the arrivals of Barry Allen/The Flash, Harry Wells and his Earth One doppelgänger, and informed Killer Frost and Deathstorm. Later when Cisco, Iris West, and Floyd Lawton followed Killer Frost and Deathstorm to a warehouse, Francisco revealed himself and confronted his doppelgänger, offering Cisco a chance for the two of them to rule Central City side by side. Killer Frost was unamused by this idea but Francisco threatened to shatter her nervous system if she spoke to him like that again. Cisco rejected his offer and signaled for the Flash to attack. Francisco was knocked down by the speedster, but quickly recovered.
As Deathstorm fought the Flash, Francisco confronted Cisco once more, but he still rejected the offer. They were interrupted when Lawton tried, but failed miserably, to shoot Reverb, who hit him with a sonic blast. Cisco was shocked by this ability, which Francisco offered to teach him. When Deathstorm incapacitated the Flash, Francisco joined him in eliminating the speedster, knocking Cisco aside when he protested. Francisco and Deathstorm brutally blasted the Flash repeatedly, ignoring Killer Frost's warnings not to defy Zoom's orders to leave the speedster unharmed. Seconds later, Zoom arrived on the scene and immediately killed Deathstorm before confronting Francisco. Zoom reminded him of his orders not to kill the Flash and phased a hand through Francisco's chest, killing him.
Though not really mourned nor truly remembered by anybody else, Dante was devastated over his brother's death and was lied to by Zoom that Cisco was his killer. Dante attacked both Cisco and his own Earth One doppelgänger to try and avenge Francisco's death, but failed and was also killed by Zoom.
Unlike his Earth One counterpart, Francisco was a power hungry criminal mastermind, believing that he deserved to rule Central City more than Zoom and threatened to kill whoever so much as spoke to him in a manner that was disrespectful. He knew of the powers that his Earth One doppelgänger had and sought to have it on his side and made Earth One's Cisco an offer to join him. However this didn't stop Francisco from brutally punching his doppelgänger when he touched him trying to stop him killing Barry. Francisco was also reckless as he, and Deathstorm, attacked and almost killed Barry, disregarding Zoom's orders to leave him alive, - an action which led to his death. Despite all these traits, Francisco appeared to be very close with his brother and partner in crime Dante, ironically their Earth One doubles have been estranged since childhood.
Powers and abilities
- Meta-human physiology: After Francisco was struck by the energy of the Particle Accelerator explosion, this altered his DNA and supercharged his cells, augmenting his physiology and allowing him to access his new abilities.
- Interdimensional travel: Though never shown, it is implied by Barry Allen and Harrison Wells that he could travel to different dimensions at will.
- Precognition: Just like his Earth One counterpart, Francisco was able to see through the vibrations of different timelines and dimensions. He honed his meta-human perception to the point where he seemed able to freely spy through alternate realities with ease, rendering him nigh-omniscient.
- Vibrational blasts: Francisco was able to generate clear concussive blasts of vibrations from his hands, which he used to incapacitate the Flash and presumably kill Floyd Lawton with a single shot. He also had the ability to vibrate objects at various frequencies, which could kill both humans and fellow meta-humans slowly by vibrating important organs in their bodies. Francisco stated he could easily shatter Killer Frost's entire nervous system.
- Mental connection: As stated by Francisco himself, "vibers" are connected by their powers and are able to observe each other if they're skilled enough. He used this to track Cisco's progress with his powers from Earth Two.
- High-level intellect/Master tactician/Leader: Francisco proved to be a quick study, gaining mastery of his powers in just three years on his own. As Zoom's right-hand man, Francisco was in charge of his army and monitoring Central City. He was able to command respect from the various meta-humans under Zoom's employment and use them to carry out his plans. Francisco was also a master tactician, which helped Zoom's army maintain control over the city, able to lure the Flash and Vibe into a trap.
- Master Deceiver/Manipulator: Francisco maintained a loyal facade to Zoom whilst plotting to take the latter out so he could rule Central City himself. He is implied to have experience convincing others to join his side, as seen in his conversation with Cisco.
- Skilled combatant: Francisco had some basic hand-to-hand combat skills, as shown when he swiftly knocked Cisco aside during a fight.
- Intimidation: Due to his powers and cold, ruthless demeanor, Francisco was a fearsome individual. With a calmly-spoken threat, he was able to make Killer Frost and Deathstorm fall back in line.
- Reverb suit: Francisco wore a protective suit.
- Reverb Glasses: Francisco wore special Glasses which could help him see into other universes and see into the future. They are similar to Earth One Cisco's Glasses, but they glowed blue lights at the lenses instead of green. By calibrating the glasses to the electromagnetic frequency of the dimensional plane they are located on, Cisco's powers increased.
The Chronicles of Cisco
- (indirectly mentioned)
- (indirectly mentioned)
- Unlike his Earth One Counterpart, he goes by his full name, Francisco.
- Francisco was killed by Zoom in a similar manner to how his Earth One doppelgänger was murdered by the Reverse-Flash in a timeline Barry reset, and later attempted murder by Savitar.
- According to Black Siren, he was left-handed.
Behind the scenes
|Other versions of Francisco Ramon|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth Name below for that earth's counterpart of Cisco Ramon.|
|Earth: One• Two• X• Ciscos|