A Flechette (French; Dart) is a metallic projectile with a sharp tip, very similar to an arrow but with a smaller size. It is used by the Arrow, as a kind of knife, being used to cut ropes and other materials, however, it can also be thrown in order to disarm or neutralize distant targets. The Arrow carries a number of them in his left gauntlet, and one in a holster on his right leg. It is one of the signature weapons of the Arrow and, similar to his arrows, comes in a variety of types.
Known types of flechettes
- Tranquilizer flechette: This type of flechette acts as a tranquilizer. When applied to the neck of a target, it causes the target to faint and become unconscious for 36 minutes. Used in several episodes, including John Diggle in "Darkness on the Edge of Town".
- Smoke flechette: This type has a device that releases a strong puff of smoke after exploding. Used in "Identity" to distract and escape the police. Oliver also used this flechette to get away from the police when he was fighting Bronze Tiger.
- Immediate nerve sever: This flechette is used to block the nerve. Oliver used this to stop the Dodger from hitting the button and blowing off Felicity's head off.
- Oliver Queen/The Arrow/Al Sah-him
- John Diggle (temporarily)
- Felicity Smoak (only once)
- Roy Harper/Arsenal
- The normal flechettes use a modified Slick Trick Grizztrick 2 broadhead.