- "Barry isn't going to Hell. But like all runners must eventually, he's reached his finish line. His race is over."
- —Speed Force to Team Flash
- It is possible that McSnurtle was killed in the destruction of Iris and Barry’s apartment.
- This episode aired on May 23, 2017, which was the date on which Savitar originally killed Iris.
- Savitar mentions DeVoe as he recalls his memory in S.T.A.R. Labs. This is a reference to Clifford DeVoe, a villain known as the Thinker. This is the second time a reference on DeVoe was made. The first being in "", by Abra Kadabra. Savitar stated that it "hadn't happened yet", foreshadowing an appearance from The Thinker in Season 4 in which he is the main villain throughout the season.
- Savitar mentioning DeVoe is quite similar to when Ra's al Ghul mentions Damien Darhk in the Season 3 finale of Arrow in which both Ra's al Ghul and Savitar are the cult-leading, god-like main villains for the third seasons of both The Flash and Arrow and DeVoe and Darhk would go on to become the main antagonists of season 4, in unusual ways such as Darhk being the first mystic Arrow villain and DeVoe being the first non-speedster Flash villain, and both of them revealing themselves in the season 4 premieres.
- Cisco refers to Savitar as "Two-Face" after he was rescued by Gypsy. This is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the comics villain Harvey Dent, aka Two-Face, an antagonist of Batman who also has the left half his face severely scarred.
- The story that Barry talked to Savitar about could be a reference to the beginning of the animated DC movie "Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox". This storyline was also the catalyst for Season 3.
- A quote from Mark Twain appears on H.R.'s tombstone.
- Cisco asks Wally to "reverse the polarity on the neutron flow", referencing a catchphrase of the Third Doctor in Doctor Who; "reverse the polarity of the neutron flow"
- Hunter Zolomon's current form has been named as Black Flash by Savitar.
- Hunter's death is similar to that of Amaya's death in Doomworld in Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow.
- The scene where Savitar holds Cisco while vibrating his hand and telling him that he will die "the same way twice" refers to his death in the erased timeline in "Out of Time."
- Savitar is killed the same way that The Rival was killed in "Flashpoint". The Rival was shot in the back by Joe as he was trying to attack Barry from behind, and Savitar was shot by Iris when he was trying to do the same to Barry.
- The Speed Force lightning storm above Central City is a reference to a similar storm that appeared in the first issue of the 2016 Flash relaunch comic that infused several citizens with the Speed Force. It's now known that the one seen in the episode had similar effects, making new meta-humans.
- This episode is set after the Season 2 finale of Legends of Tomorrow, given that Black Flash appeared in that episode to kill Eobard Thawne, and is killed in this episode.
- This is the third time that Barry came into the Speed force. The first time was in the episode "The Runaway Dinosaur" and the second time in "Into the Speed Force."
- In the previous episode, H.R.'s last word to Cisco is "Till next time" and salutes him after he puts on his hat.
- However, in this episode the flashback shows it was changed to "Till the next one" and H.R. slightly tips his hat.
|The Flash season 3|
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " "|