|Occupation||Personal assistant to Oliver Queen|
Tech support and computer hacker for Oliver Queen's team (in secret)
IT support at Queen Consolidated (formerly)
|Actor||Emily Bett Rickards|
- "It feels really good having you inside me. And by you I mean your voice, and by me I mean my ear. I'm gonna stop talking. Right now."
- —Felicity to Oliver Queen
Felicity Megan Smoak (born 1988) is the personal assistant and a good friend of Oliver Queen, and John Diggle, (the latter whom she is also partners with), and a good friend of Walter Steele. She is very smart and great with electronics, which is why she is asked for help by both Walter and Oliver.
Walter was her boss, and he asked her to look into some suspicious things happening with his money and business. After she finds evidence, she is asked not to look any further by Walter because he doesn't want to put her into any danger.
She continues to dig anyway, and after he is kidnapped, she confides his copy of the list with Oliver.
Oliver asked Felicity to help him with a few jobs, with bad cover stories to hide his identity. After Oliver is shot, he hides in her car and asked her to drive him to his warehouse instead of a hospital. After saving his life, she agrees to join his team, but only until they find Walter. Even on his team, Felicity doesn't agree with his methods to get the criminals. She starts to loosen up after she helps capture a villain and knows that what he does isn't all bad. Unfortunately in a later episode she couldn't lock a location on a criminal, and a man dies for it. She begins to lose faith in herself until it is revealed that he was on a train underground. She has gone out on the "field" three times. First at a casino, second as a delivery girl for Big Belly Burger, and third as the bait for the Dollmaker.
In "Lone Gunmen",
In "An Innocent Man",
In "Year's End",
In "Trust but Verify",
In "The Odyssey", Felicity leaves her work at night and gets in her car. She turns and sees a gunshot-wounded Arrow, who reveals himself as none other than Oliver Queen. Felicity is taken aback and remarks that everything she knows about him "just became so unbelievably clear." Oliver tells her to take him to his father's old warehouse and nowhere else, which she does.
When Felicity gets to the warehouse, she and John Diggle operate on Oliver and manage to stop the bleeding. While Oliver was unconcious, Digg commented that he thought all this would be more of a shock to Felicity and asked if she already knew. Felicity simply recalled all the horrible cover stories he's told her for the favors he asked her for, stating she's blonde, but not that blonde. Digg, when asked what was in the "energy drink" vial given to her in "Vertigo," revealed that it was Vertigo, and that it was him and Oliver that took down The Count, but they couldn't have done it without her help. After learning how much she has helped already, she agrees to help Oliver on a provisional basis, until Walter is found. After that, she's going to go back to her boring I.T. girl life.
In "Dodger", Oliver hoods up to mark a name off of the List and Felicity locks him in the Arrowcave and points out he's about to threaten to kill a single father with a son. Oliver ignores her objections and she quits, stating it was a bad idea to get involved with them in the first place. To coax her back on the team, Oliver goes after The Dodger, a thief who forces others to steal for him with bomb collars. During their planning meeting at Big Belly, Felicity notices the attraction between Carly and John. Felicity persuades and/or dares the guys to go on dates. John with Carly (for fun) and Oliver with McKenna Hall for fun and to plant a bug to get information about the Dodger. When Team Hood sets up a sting, the Dodger simply steals the bait and Felicity confronts him. He then collars her with a bomb and Felicity has to track him, while Diggle attempts to disarm the collar. With Felicity's guidance, Oliver tracks and stops the Dodger, retrieving the detonator and frees Felicity from her collar.
In "Dead to Rights",
In "The Huntress Returns", Felicity accidentally interrupts a meeting between Oliver, Dig, and Helena, offering to hack into the FBI database. Oliver tells her to leave, trying to prevent Felicity from becoming involved with Helena's vendetta. This failed, as later Helena breaks in to Queens Consolidated and threatens Felicity into hacking the FBI to find the location of her father's (Frank Bertinelli) safehouse. Thankfully, she was in the middle of a call to Oliver's voicemail when Helena showed up, so he goes to Queen Consolidated see if Felicity is alright, almost killing Diggle who was right behind him. Felicity explains what happened and apologizes for giving Helena the information. The attack on Felicity persuades Oliver to go after Helena with no mercy as she has crossed the final line by threatening Felicity.
In "Unfinished Business",
In "Home Invasion",
In "The Undertaking",
In "Sacrifice", After police technicians find a computer trail linked with the Vigilante's activities traces back to Felicity's computer at Queen Consolidated, Quentin Lance takes her into custody for questioning. Felicity is later released when Oliver Queen contacts Quentin to warn him of the pending attack on the Glades. Before leaving without blowing her cover, Felicity explains that she thought the vigilante was a bad person too, until she realized how much he's sacrificed for Starling City. She points out that makes him more of a hero than Lance gives him credit for. After stealing data from Merlyn Global, Felicity works with Quentin to disarm the earthquake device threatening the Glades, blowing her cover with Lance and revealing she's definitely in league with the Hood in order to prevent the Undertaking. Though successful in disarming the device, Felicity was stuck in Verdant as the back-up earthquake device was discovered and preceded to destroy half of the Glades area.
In "City of Heroes", she and John travel to Lian Yu in order to find Oliver. In the process, she pukes after jumping out of a plane and steps on a land mine, which Oliver saves her from by using a rope arrow. She reveals information about a takeover of Queen Consolidated, in fear that she will be fired if it succeeds. She and John convince Oliver to come back as Oliver Queen and not The Hood. Later she, along with Oliver and John, meets Isabel Rochev about the company buyout. The meeting is interrupted by The Hoods. After Oliver is able to get Isabel out, he comes back for Felicity but one of The Hoods members points a gun at him and Felicity hits him with a bat. Oliver and Felicity escape through a window via a chain into another window floors below, escaping The Hoods. After the attack, Felicity confronts Oliver for not even trying to stop the Hoods, in which he responds about revealing his secret and the body count.
After Oliver finds out that The Hoods kidnapped Thea, she, Oliver, and John go to the upgraded lair. She helps him find out information about The Hoods, why they formed, and their location. She then gives Oliver a new bow. Back at the hideout after defeating The Hoods, they talk about a new way and name for The Hood.
In "Identity", Felicity vehemently protests on her new job as Oliver's exective assistant and despite Oliver's excuses, she stays, but she still hate her job. She manages to track where the Triads strikes next, only for The Arrow to get into an intese fight with Bronze Tiger. Back at the Arrowcave, Felicity called Oliver out on his attitude and told him he was so involved with himself, he didn't realise that John and Carly had broken up, partially because of him. At the end of the episode after missing a crucial fundraiser to be Arrow and being vilified by Blood (even though he was actually helping the hospital which inspired the fundraiser) Felicity made Oliver a single cup of coffee, stating the word "One" quietly implying it would be the only time she would get him coffee
In "Broken Dolls", Felicity helps Lance and Oliver with the Dollmaker case. Because of all the times she hacked the SCPD, they've outsource their evidence to a facility that she can't hack from the outside. Oliver and Lance break in and Felicity quickly retrieves and disseminates the information, leading to a break in the case. It turns out that all the women used a special type of lotion called Mermaiden. Lance is mystified that she can discover all of that with what little information she's been given in less than a minute, prompting Oliver to smile under the cover of his hood. She then volunteers to be bait for the Dollmaker, going to each boutique and buying Mermaiden. Lance points out that Felicity must trust Arrow a lot to be bait for a serial killer. Creeped out, and scared, she vows to never be bait again, right before she's attacked by the Dollmaker. Arrow and Lance scare him off, but not before Felicity is injured.
In "League of Assassins",
In "Keep Your Enemies Closer", she appears when Oliver and Isabel Rochev are having a conversation about meetings, letting Oliver know that Roy has information for him. She later goes with Oliver, John and unexpectedly Isabel to Moscow to rescue Lyla from prison. Unbeknownst to her, Isabel believes she's sleeping with Oliver, because of her abrupt job change. She sees that Oliver slept with Isabel and is visibly shocked by what happened. She confronts Oliver about why he slept with Isabel, implying that she has feelings for him, He replies that it didn't mean anything and that he couldn't be involved with someone that he could care about because of being the Arrow, implying that he may have feelings for her as well, but he won't act on them
In "State v. Queen", John becomes inexplicably ill and Oliver sends him home to get better. John instead goes to the Arrowcave, where Felicity discovers he has Vertigo in his system and he's suffering from severe withdrawal. The Count, who has broken out of prison, takes credit for the outbreak of Vertigo withdrawal among regular people. With Moira's trial in progress, Oliver is occupied. So Felicity works with an ill John to try to figure out why a random mix of people were infected. After plotting out the employment of each infected person, she finds a path and links that path to the free flu shots that were given around Starling City. Since John is out of commission and Oliver is at the trial, she goes to check on the immunization truck by alone and is abducted by The Count. Since she has her Queen Consolidated badge on her, Count Vertigo determines Arrow's true identity and uses Felicity as bait. When Count Vertigo threatens to kill Felicity via overdose, Oliver kills him. Later, Felicity thanks Oliver and then apologizes for putting him in a position where he had to choose to kill someone again. Oliver states that because she was in danger, there was no choice and Felicity shouldn't feel guilty about what happened.
Felicity is shown to be very intelligent, but is also socially awkward. She is confident in her abilities, but is always insecure about her position in the company. Despite being content with being just a mere geek and not looking for trouble, Felicity is not one to back away from danger, when there is a curiosity waiting to be sated. This is shown when Walter asks her to look into the Queen's Gambit's recovery and warns her that the last man who went looking, ended up dead, she accepts the task unfazed, saying that mysteries like these bug her. Despite Oliver often asking for her help in investigations of dubious and dangerous nature, among them being looking into a laptop riddled with bullet holes and a syringe containing drugs, using unconvincing lies while he is at it, she persists.
Despite being very poor in wording her thoughts, she talks a lot and often has strong opinions on things. She is also a kind person, exhibited when she rushes Oliver to the Arrowcave and aids John in patching him up, instead of alerting the authorities. Felicity and John stayed at his side until he awoke. She also offers her help in locating Walter, out of compassion and loyalty. True to her geeky nature, she upgrades The Arrow's computers, stating that seeing a poorly set up system like his bugged her. She also hacked into the crime lab's computers and ordered the blood sample of The Arrow, collected by the police when he was shot, disposed of to help Oliver cover his tracks.
While at first, she didn't approve of Oliver's methods, but the two ultimately came to an understanding after stopping The Savior. Even though both Oliver and Diggle refuse at times, Felicity has proven herself to be very brave in dangerous situations, as she went undercover in a Mob Casino, disguised herself as a delivery girl and played the 'victim' to catch a serial killer, all to help them take down the criminals in the end.
She is afraid of heights, and she sometimes gets nervous and babbles, especially when around Oliver. Based on this and other actions, it's very likely that she has feelings for Oliver.
- Genius-level intellect: Felicity is an intellectual whizzkid, as evidenced by the crucial role she plays in The Arrow's team as well as her enviable skillset in tasks such as information retrieval, computer software and technology and the creation of customised techno devices, among other things. She determined Oliver's alternate identity expeditiously from a few random requests for help on cases ultimately connected to The Arrow, but did not expose his secret identity.
- Computer expert: Being a member of the Queen Consolidated's IT department, Felicity has proven herself to be a highly skilled computer expert. She was able to recover valuable information, such as the blueprints of the exchange building where the Unidac Industries auction was being held, from Floyd Lawton's damaged laptop, despite the fact that it had sustained bullet holes. She was able to uncover that a teflon-coated titanium blade arrow was registered to a company called Sagittarius, as well as where and when it had been purchased from the company's records, and where the shipment was delivered. She analyzed a sample of the drug named Vertigo, and was able to source its manufacturing location in the city. She uses the computers from the Arrowcave, to locate people Oliver has a problem finding on his own.
- Expert computer hacker: Felicity Smoak proved to be a highly skilled computer hacker, capable of hacking into any computer system, which made her a valuable asset to The Arrow's team. She was able to hack into the crime lab computers of the SCPD and order the disposal of Oliver's blood which had been lifted from a crime scene for analysis, risking exposure of Oliver's secret identity. She also managed to hack into A.R.G.U.S.'s databanks, and found out Deadshot had return to Starling City. The only computer system which proved invulnerable to her skills, was that of Merlyn Global Group, but this was remedied by a personal visit to their building and direct access to their mainframe, with the help of Oliver and John. She then proceeded to download the entire schematics from the Markov Device, and planted a Trojan in the system, so they would know what Malcolm was up to. She is more than able to bypass most firewalls.
- In the Firestorm comics, Felicity Smoak is a manager of a computer software firm, and serves as a supporting character for the superhero Firestorm.
- In "Year's End", it is revealed that Felicity is Jewish when Oliver attempts to wish her a Merry Christmas.
- Felicity Smoak is the fourth person to discover Oliver Queen's secret identity, Arrow. She discovered this in "The Odyssey".
- In "Dead to Rights", Felicity reveals her middle name to be Meghan, and has used that as her alias in "The Undertaking".
- In "Unfinished Business", she mentions she is allergic to nuts.
- She is the first and probably only person to break through Blackhawk Squad Protection Group's firewalls.
- In "Home Invasion", Felicity mentions she is not a natural blonde, having dying her hair. This is probably a nod to her character from the comics who wasn't a blonde.
- As mentioned in "Darkness on the Edge of Town", she is afraid of heights.
- Felicity is the second person to join Oliver's team, after John Diggle.
- In Season 2, Felicity is now Oliver's personal assistant.