- For his Earth One equivalent, see Eddie Slick (Earth One).
Previous altercations with The Flash
Being sent to kill Earth One's Flash
Slick was forcibly taken from Earth Two to Earth One by Zoom, who ordered him to kill The Flash in return for sending him home. To gain Barry's attention, he set a building on fire. The Flash was able to put it out, but not before Sand Demon appeared to fight him. The Flash ran head-on in to him, reducing him to just sand, and he ran off. They were able to extract DNA, leading them to ID Slick and find his house. After Detective Joe West and Officer Patty Spivot released Slick's Earth One counterpart, mistaking him for their suspect, the Earth Two Slick arrived knocking out Joe and taking Patty. From there, he took her to an abandoned Woodrue warehouse for his benefit, creating a concussive bomb and strapping it to her seat. He was met by "Jay" as The Flash. However, due to his lack of powers, he was sorely beaten down; however, this gave enough time for Barry as The Flash to untie Patty and run her away, just catching the edge of the bomb's shockwave. Barry was able to harness the electricity from his super speed, directing it at Eddie and turning him to glass, making him shatter as he fell to the ground, presumably killing him.
Powers and abilities
- Meta-human physiology: After Slick was struck by the energy of the Particle Accelerator explosion on Earth Two, this altered his DNA and supercharged his cells, augmenting his physiology into beyond peak human condition.
- Organic sand transformation: Slick's body is composed of cells whose myasthenic protein have migrated to the cells' periphery. The cells can rearrange and harden, giving the appearance of sand, which he can transmute his entire body into at will in order to attack or to avoid taking a hit or getting shot.
- Intense heat: Much like actual sand, intense heat and pressure can cause him to turn into a form of glass, as shown when Barry hurled a bolt of lightning at him. After that, his body hit the ground and shattered.
- Moisture dependency: According to "Jay", Eddie's body would fall apart if he were to become dehydrated.
- It is unknown if he killed his counterpart from Earth One.
- He is one of the few Metahumans that was killed by Barry.