- "But what happens when a man like him inherits abilities like yours? We have seen it happen on countless other worlds, which is why we must exterminate your kind before the scourge of your planet becomes the scourge of ours."
- —A Dominator about meta-humans[src]
The Dominators are a race of extra-terrestrial beings. They are conquerors intent on maintaining the status quo in the universe by any means, with the unpredictable meta-humans being their prime targets on Earth.
In 1951 of Earth One, the Dominators landed on Earth, abducting humans to gather information about them. After President Ike Eisenhower waited for too long without action, the extraterrestrials attacked, killing hundreds of soldiers. Unbeknownst to them, Steel, Heat Wave, and Vixen arrived and subdued a straggler. Suddenly, the NSA appeared and took them into custody (including the Dominator).
As the Legends begin to interrogate the captive Dominator, Agent Smith appears and has the Dominator pinned down onto a lab table while experimenting on them. This results in the NSA forming a truce to keep the equilibrium of Earth balanced.
Sixty-five years later, however, with the appearance of Meta-humans, especially Barry Allen, the Dominators returned to Earth, prefaced with a warning to Earthly authorities that they meant no harm, though in fact planning war. Four ships crash landed, one of them in Central City, spilling forth with Dominators. This faction kidnapped the President and set up a mind control device in an old salt mine, but this device was eventually destroyed by Supergirl, with the help of The Flash. However, they soon abducted Sara Lance, John Diggle, Thea Queen, Ray Palmer and Oliver Queen, placing them into an induced dream world. They eventually escaped, fighting against the Dominators, before escaping in a pod. As they headed down towards Earth, the mothership followed them. At this time, the Dominators were about finished with their superweapon that they intended to use to wipe out all metahumans on Earth. They threatened to drop it unless Barry Allen surrendered himself in 24 hours, which he refused.
They lowered the mothership down on Central City and begin to drop the meta bomb, while a platoon of Dominators fought the heroes on top of the STAR Labs hangar. Barry placed the high-frequency transmitting devices made by Martin on the Dominators, and Felicity detonated them, effectively taking them out.
The bomb began descending, with Sara in the Waverider attempting to use the ship's tractor beam to hold it up. Firestorm arrives and uses his powers to transmute the bomb into water, successfully saving the planet. The mothership then flies off into deep space. The Dominators' status is unknown after that and it is clearly unknown if they will strike again.
Powers and abilities
- Super strength: The Dominators were strong, shown when a Dominator hit Oliver, sending him flying off the roof of a building.
- Telepathy: The Dominators are able to communicate telepathically with others, seemingly also being able to use their own language, despite languages such as English not being their native language.
- "Medusa" (indirectly mentioned)
- "What We Leave Behind" (mentioned)
- "Bratva" (mentioned)
- "Missing" (indirectly mentioned)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- The Dominators appear to act based on fear and bigotry.
- In the DC comics, the Dominators were also the main antagonists in the Invasion! event. However, to attack Earth they first formed an alien alliance first consisting of them, the shape-shifting Durlans, the fanatically fascist Thanagarians, the supply-producing Gil'Dishpan, the ruthless and deadly Daxamites, the strategic weaponsmiths Warlords of Okaara, the hunkering, slovenly Citadelians, the sadistic and scientific Psions, and finally, the Khund, the "most brutal, most innately savage race of war-mongers in the universe".
- Also, their defeat at the hands of the heroes of Earth came before the dropping of the meta-bomb, which the Dominators had no knowledge of. Though the Dominators had agreed to surrender, and they left, one of the Dominators, eager to prove his low caste level (the small size of the red mark on his forehead) didn't mean he wasn't intelligent, acted alone and invented and released the meta-bomb, which successfully neutralized all of Earth's metahumans. The non-metahuman heroes managed to travel through outer space to obtain an antidote and spread it with help from the extraterrestrial superhero team known as the Omega Men.
- The Dominators see meta-humans as a threat to their kind.