A demon is a member of a race of powerful beings, created by the First of the Fallen. They live in the realm of Hell, which is below the mortal plane. They frequently cross over to the mortal plane, using human bodies as hosts, though they can be condemned back to Hell through an exorcism. According to John Constantine, there are millions of demons. According to Furcifer damned human souls within Hell can be transformed into demons.
Another form of demon, Time Wraiths, also reside with the Speed Force and hunt down and kill any speedster recklessly attempting to alter time. Time Wraiths can also transform said speedsters into demonic creatures driven by feral instinct and devoid of sanity, condemned to serve the will of the Speed Force for eternity as punishment for their crimes.
Powers and abilities
As supernatural creatures from Hell, demons possesses a variety of powers which force vary in function of the demon.
- Possession: Demons can possess human bodies and use them as hosts while also manifest their supernatural powers through them.
- Accelerated healing factor: Demons are also capable of rapid cellular regeneration of their host bodies, as seen when Pazuzu heal John Constantine's injuries while possessing him.
- Electromagnetic interference: the presence of a demon cause electric systems to go rogue.
- Electrokinesis: A poweful demon, Furcifer, can control electricity.
- Immortality: as supernatural creatures, demons don't age, get tired, don't require food, air or water and can potentially live forever unless being killed.
- Superhuman strength: Demons are superhumanly strong. For example the demon Lamashtu was able to hold John Constantine down into a fountain.
- Superhuman Speed: Demons can move at superhuman speed. Lamashtu was able to instantly appear behind Anne Marie.
- Shapeshifting/Ilusion cast: Demons can take the appearance of other people or cast illusions that make themselves look like this person.
- Telekinesis: Demons have the ability to move objects with their mind only.
- Magic: magic can be use to perform rituals that can defeat demons.
- Exorcism: an exorcism well performed can force a demon to live his hosts.
- Salt: it act as a "shield" against demon.
- Eye of Horus: this egyptian symbol can prevent a demon to cross place with mark on it.
- High-tier demons: a more powerful demon can defeat another one, as prove when Constantine summon Nergal to exorcise another demon.
- Frequency attacks: some demons, specifically Time Wraiths, can be destroyed if exposed to a high enough frequency as demonstrated by Hartley Rathaway
- The Invunche
- Mnemoth (deceased)
- Time Wraiths
- Hunter Zolomon
- "Non Est Asylum"
- "A Feast of Friends"
- "The Rage of Caliban" (flashback)
- "The Saint of Last Resorts"
- "The Saint of Last Resorts: Part Two"