Dante Ramon (died 2016) was the older brother of Cisco Ramon. A prodigy pianist, who was adored by his parents to such extremes they overlooked his flaws. After Barry Allen created the Flashpoint timeline, then later returning back in time to prevent Flashpoint, it resulted in the current timeline where Dante had been killed by a drunk driver which caused Cisco to be temporarily estranged from Barry.
As a child, Dante was adored by his parents unlike his brother, Cisco. When Dante was 13 years old, his band was invited to play piano at Carnegie Hall. When Dante was 15 he owed a bookie but was unable to pay him back so Cisco gave him all the money he'd earned delivering pizzas that year to pay him out of his debt. Out of jealousy, when Dante was in high school, he told Cisco's crush Melinda Tores that Cisco wanted to become a priest and Dante starting dating her which led to tensions between the brothers.
Capture by Leonard Snart and Mick Rory
Encounter with Rupture
When Dante meets Cisco for a drink, the two are attacked by Rupture, who is his Earth Two doppelganger. When Cisco sees Rupture get killed by Hunter Zolomon. Cisco and Dante decided to start a better relationship.
After Barry changed the timeline, it changed Dante's fate, as in the current timeline, Dante was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver.
After Dante died, Cisco suffered depression for the next several months, feeling deep regret that he didn't spend that much time with him. It also led to an estrangement between Cisco and Barry for not traveling back in time to save his brother, and for causing the death to happen in the first place. It was not until Cisco had done something wrong with the timeline as well that finally mended the damage done with their friendship. Later on, Savitar used Cisco's feelings for Dante as a motivator for Savitar to escape from the stone when Barry captured him, bringing several hallucinations of him to manipulate Cisco to do so. It wasn't until Caitlin told him to move on that Cisco finally accepted the facts.
Despite his charming and charismatic demeanor, Dante suffers from great insecurity. Never having any ambitions or determination since high school, he had become ashamed of how little he had accomplished in life and undeserving of his parents' high praise, even acting out at times. Consequently, he grew up at odds with Cisco, jealous of his brother for having such traits as goals for the future and the drive to pursue them, ultimately leading to success. Despite this, Dante was shown to care for his brother, willing to risk his life to save Cisco.
- Bilingual: Dante was capable of fluently speaking English and Spanish.
- Musical talent: As his mother noted, Dante's talent for the piano allowed him to play at Carnegie Hall, with his entire band, back when he was thirteen.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- "Invasion!" (mentioned)
The Flash: Season Zero
- In an erased timeline where Mark Mardon tried to hunt down Joe West, Cisco never showed up at his birthday party. However, Barry Allen changed the past to make it so Mardon didn't do any more harm and thus Cisco had no reason not to show up at his party.
- In an erased timeline, Dante, presumably, along with everyone in Central City, was killed by Vandal Savage using the Staff of Horus in his efforts to kill Carter Hall and Kendra Saunders. However, due to Barry Allen changing the time continuum, this disaster never occurs.
Behind the scenes
- Dante Ramon made his first appearance in the first issue of 2013's comic book Justice League of America's Vibe, written by Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns. Here he was established as being Vibe's second oldest brother, a soccer enthusiast and an underachiever with get-rich-quick schemes. He is also the first civilian to learn Vibe's secret identity.