DC's Legends of Tomorrow, or simply Legends of Tomorrow, is a TV series that began airing January 21, 2016. It's described as a "superhero team-up show," acting as a spin-off of sorts from Arrow and The Flash. The show's first season had 16 1 hour episodes. Phil Klemmer serves as the series' showrunner. Blake Neely serves as composer for the series, as he previously has for Arrow and The Flash. On March 11, 2016, The CW renewed DC's Legends of Tomorrow for a second season. Starting January 24, 2017, DC's Legends of Tomorrow will shift from their Thursday night slot to Tuesdays, following The Flash.
When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?
In Season 1, Rip Hunter describes the state of the future and the death of his wife and son, the need to destroy Vandal Savage and the formation of his team.
Beginning with Season 2, a new introduction is introduced for each episode featuring a different legend talking about the formation and the team's responsibility of protecting time following the Time Masters' demise. Damien Darhk takes over in the episode "The Legion of Doom" where he along with Eobard Thawne and Malcolm Merlyn plan on changing the world once they get their hands on the Spear of Destiny. In "Doomworld", Eobard Thawne narrates the introduction after he successfully obtained the Spear in the previous episode.
- "In 2166, an immortal tyrant named Vandal Savage conquered the world, and murdered my wife and child. I have assembled an elite team to hunt him throughout time and stop his rise to power. Unfortunately, my plan is opposed by the body I'd sworn my allegiance to: the Time Masters. In the future, my friends may not be heroes. But if we succeed, they will be remembered as legends."
"Out of Time" variant (narrated by Martin Stein)
- "The Time Masters were an organization charged with protecting history from rogue time travelers, but they were destroyed. Under the leadership of Rip Hunter we have taken up their mantle. Sara Lance, former member of the League of Assassins, Dr. Raymond Palmer...The Atom, The Arsonist... Mick Rory, and Firestorm... The merged super form of Jefferson Jackson and myself, Martin Stein. We are the only ones left to protect history. We are The Legends of Tomorrow."
"The Justice Society of America" variant (narrated by Sara Lance)
- "My name is Sara Lance. Last year, a former Time Master named Rip Hunter recruited a team of heroes and villains to save the world, and we did, but in the process we destroyed the Time Masters. Now we've taken up their mantle of protecting the timeline from time criminals. We are no longer saving the world. We are saving history. But don't call us heroes. We are legends."
"Shogun" variant (narrated by Ray Palmer)
- "Time travel is real. And all of history is vulnerable to the attack of rogue time travelers. But one group travels throughout time to stop the spread of these so-called Time Aberrations and erase their damage to history. A group of outcasts and misfits. These individuals aren't heroes, they're something else. They're legends."
"Abominations", "Outlaw Country" and "Raiders of the Lost Art" variant (narrated by Martin Stein)
- "Time travel is real, and all of history is vulnerable to attack, which is why we must travel through time to stop the spread of these so-called Time Aberrations and to erase their damage to history. We are a team of outcasts and misfits. So please don't call us heroes, we're legends."
"Compromised" (narrated by Jefferson Jackson), "The Chicago Way" (narrated by Amaya Jiwe), "Camelot/3000" (narrated by Nate Heywood) and "Land of the Lost" variant (narrated by Sara Lance)
- "Time travel is real, and all of history is vulnerable to attack which is why we must travel through time to stop this spread of these so-called Time Aberrations and to erase their damage to history. We are a team of outcasts and mistfits. So please don't call us heroes, we're something else. We're legends.
"The Legion of Doom" variant (narrated by Damien Darhk)
- "My name is Damien Darhk. In 2016, I was murdered by the Green Arrow. But I was removed from the timeline 31 years before my death by a speedster from the future named Eobard Thawne. Together with Malcolm Merlyn, a former head of the League of Assassins, the three of us are going to locate the Spear of Destiny. A mystical object which can rewrite reality itself. With the Spear in our possession, we will change our past and our future and the world as you know it.
- "Seriously, you idiots haven't figured this out by now? It all started when we blew up the time pigs, the Time Masters. Now history's all screwed up, but it's up to us to un-screw it up. But half the time we screw things up even worse. So don't call us heroes, we're something else. We're legends. Who writes this crap anyway?
"Moonshot" variant (narrated by Mick Rory)
- "Seriously, you idiots haven't figured this out by now? It all started when we blew up the time pigs, the Time Masters. Now history's all screwed up, but it's up to us to un-screw it up. But half the time we screw things up even worse. So don't call us heroes, we're something else. We're legends."
"Doomworld" variant (narrated by Eobard Thawne)
- "My name is Eobard Thawne. With the help of Damien Darhk, Malcolm Merlyn, Leonard Snart and Mick Rory, I've obtained the Spear of Destiny. An ancient artifact with the power to rewrite reality itself, and we have. It's a brave new world."
- Victor Garber as Professor Martin Stein/Firestorm
- Brandon Routh as Dr. Ray Palmer/The Atom
- Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter
- Caity Lotz as Sara Lance/White Canary
- Franz Drameh as Jefferson Jackson/Firestorm
- Ciara Renée as Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl, Chay-Ara and Edith Boardman (season 1)
- Falk Hentschel as Carter Hall/Hawkman, Khufu, Scythian Torvil/Hawkman and Joe Boardman (season 1)
- Amy Pemberton as Gideon
- Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory/Heat Wave
- Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (season 1; special guest season 2)
- Matt Letscher as Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash (season 2)
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Amaya Jiwe/Vixen (season 2–present)
- Nick Zano as Dr. Nate Heywood/Steel (season 2–present)
- Casper Crump as Vandal Savage (season 1)
- Martin Donovan as Zaman Druce (season 1)
- Christina Brucato as Lily Stein (season 2)
- Matthew MacCaull as Henry Heywood/Commander Steel (season 2)
- Sarah Grey as Courtney/Stargirl (season 2)
- Kwesi Ameyaw as Charles/Dr. Mid-Nite (season 2)
Revealed web series
- ↑ Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star - Deadline
- ↑ DC's Legends of Tomorrow Isn't Returning Its Characters to The Flash and Arrow Any Time Soon - IGN
- ↑ First Featurette And Poster Released For DC's LEGENDS OF TOMORROW - ComicBookMovie
- ↑ CW's Legends of Tomorrow Taps Tomorrow People Vet as Showrunner - TVLine
- ↑ The CW Renews The Flash, Vampire Diaries, The 100, Reign (!) and 7 Others - TVLine
- ↑ Legends of Tomorrow Moving to Tuesday Nights - Comicbook.com
- ↑ CW Picks Up ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ As Hourlong Series, ‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’ & ‘Cordon’ - Deadline
- ↑ DC's "Legends Of Tomorrow" Will Be an Anthology Series with "Standalone" Seasons - Comic Book Resources