- For its Earth Thirty-Eight equivalent, see Corto Maltese (Earth Thirty-Eight).
- For the Arrow episode, see Corto Maltese.
Corto Maltese is a small country located in South America.
Deadshot was said to have operated out of the country. After she left Starling City, Thea Queen left with Malcolm Merlyn to go train in a villa near the water. Corto Maltese is optimal for growing a hypnotic plant which makes the victim highly susceptible to suggestion while retaining no memory of the influence.
After being rescued from an A.R.G.U.S. facility, Cayden James went to Corto Maltese to hide out. He began working on a plan, having Alena visit him while there. He eventually left, having discovered Alena to have betrayed him.
- Cayden James
- Floyd Lawton (returned to the United States; deceased)
- Malcolm Merlyn (deceased)
- Thea Queen
- Mark Shaw
Arrow: Season 2.5
Arrow: The Dark Archer
Behind the scenes
- "Corto Maltese" is entirely fictional, also appearing in Frank Miller's graphic novel Batman: The Dark Knight Returns as the name of an island at the center of an incident not unlike the Cuban missile crisis. It was later mentioned in the 1989 film Batman and the TV series Smallville.
- The real location of Malcolm's mansion is the Oceanographic Museum, located in Monaco.