After a long night at a bar, John Constantine cast a protection spell on Chas so he could drive home safely. Unfortunately after John left, a fire broke out and Chas, along with 47 others, were trapped in the bar. Chas woke up in the hospital, shocked to find himself alive. Chas went to John and told him he was in the bar while the building burned down. Chas was informed that John's protection spell worked and told that he now has 47 other lives to live before dying. Chas then worked along with John, however, he grew distant from his wife and daughter, causing a divorce with his wife.
Powers and abilities
- Resurrection: Due to a protection spell, Chas has the ability to resurrect after being killed though only up to 47 times.
- Accelerated healing factor: Chas is also capable of healing from injuries other than death, such as when he was brutally slashed by a ghost in an alleyway.
- Chas may have died from a train derailment in Pennsylvania courtesy of a succubus.
- Chas died to save a family from a demon called the Monkey King.
- Chas was impaled by a telephone wire that was possessed by Furcifer.
- Chas was stabbed by Misaki Ross' ghost with scissors.
- Vincente snapped Chas's neck in an attempt to prevent Anne Marie Flynn from performing an exorcism on John.
- Chas slit his throat.
- Chas tied a grenade to the sinew of Achilles while shaking hands with Felix Faust to kill both of them.
- After killing Faust, Chas had 30 souls left, meaning he'd died a total of 17 times since the bar fire two years earlier.
John Con Noir
- "Trash" (non-canon)